NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The grand "help us through the winter" topic

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The grand "help us through the winter" topic
    Posted: January-23-2012 at 10:11am
It's about time someone started this. Every year we had discussions around here about the winter being too long, wanting to get the boat back out of its wintersleep etc...
This year... Nothing...

So I want to poke some members from the warm parts of this world to help us northeners get through the winter with summer pics, pics of boat babes, videos and what not...
So this is a call to the Jbears, Kaplas and others on this forum...

And for the winter people... This is the topic where you can complain and cry about the winter...

I suddenly realize it's already been three months since I put my boat to sleep. And still more than two months to go before I can put it back into the water...   

Pfffffff........ Winter is indeed getting too long!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 10:29am
Alright, I'll start the complaining for those of us in the cold. I had to snowblow 8" of snow Saturday morning. O.K. Enough complaining....... Let's hear from the southernor's.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 11:32am
winter=sucks
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 11:47am
Nothing but unseasonally warm temps here in Hotlanta. Mid 60's during the day but we haven't seen the sun in 4 days it's been raining since Friday and we're in for more. Almost tempting to drag the boat out when it's in the 50's just to run her but the lakes are down to winter pool. The local lake that I play on is run by GA Power and they lowered the water levels more than normal to repair the flood gates that have been damaged by logs etc. The welding contractor they hired to fix the dam quit after the first day and they can't find a someone to finish the job. They better get their schitz together soon.

The River Run won't get here fast enough! C'mon March
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 12:10pm

- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 12:11pm
It's been mild here with very little snow which ruins winter. Kristof, no snow skiing for you? The Alps is supposed to be the best in the world.

You got to love winter to like living in a cold climate, but you still think of summer all winter long. Let see some of those southern pics!

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 12:21pm
No snow skiing for me this year... Ski budget goes to the needed revision of the automatic transmission of the BMW... 245.000 kilometers on it with the same oil. And Beemers cost money .

And yes, it came late, but lots of snow in the Alps... Oh well, there's always next year...

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 1:50pm

Gotta make it through winter some how. I've taken over the reading room as the small boat parts project room.
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 2:00pm
Yea Crud! I had to get in the water with my ski on Sat and run 7 passes on the slalom course then drive for the women's world slalom / overall record holder in all three events, then pull her sister former world women's wake skate champion and then pull Cory Picko's and then put my ski back on and get in the 68* water with the 77* Air temp!!! Man! what a crappy day!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 2:02pm
Jody,

I meant helping us through the winter, not rubbing it in...

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 2:09pm
Okay....Didn't somebody here once say...."It didn't happen unless you have the pics to prove it!"

Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in Jody. You're not helping any!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 2:44pm
I spent all weekend working on the new SS instead of using it. My 37 yr old body is not happy today. But the 78* air temps did make things more enjoyable.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
00cls1camaross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00cls1camaross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 4:41pm
You are telling me. I have it easier than you guys because I can still go out to the lake. I am dieing to try out my new hyperlight bside, new cwb boots, new rope, new tower.

I wish it was 100 degrees right now. On a better note, I got a wetsuit for my birthday so I will be trying out my new stuff this weekend!!!!
2002 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
33 x 12.50s, BBK, Cranked
2000 Camaro SS
Cam, Slicks, Boltons, Stall
1985 Ski Nautique
MT1, Board Rack, ACME 542
Future:Stereo, Wrap, Girls
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Just to remind you of my earlier post!!

azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 7:31pm
I think you guys are looking at this all wrong...you just have to make the best of it. This is a little video of the "Out House Races" in Mackinaw City, MI over the weekend. We snowmobiled up from Petoskey.
Video
Guy is kind of in the way at the end, but I like the fact that the kid inside eats ****...pun intended.

You just need a toy for every season...if it is too cold for the boat, but not cold enough for the sled, I ride this...

This pic was taken after a ride on the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2012 at 8:25pm
Let me see here what can I add?

This is the life
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 8:07am
Exactly Andy!!!
That's what we're looking for

Adam, that's indeed a fun toy to play with...

I'm just having fun over here making trips with the guys from the Belgian BMW-forum. Feb 18th we're having a drift day in Germany... Good thing I kept my almost used tyres and an extra set of rims...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00cls1camaross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 3:14pm
Here is a picture of my boat at a buddy's shop. We pulled the bearings off and one of them came out in 20 pieces. The other picture is the sunset at Saguaro Lake last weekend.
2000 Camaro SS
1985 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 3:39pm
Ha, reminds me of Ken telling us the story of his balls dropping.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by 00cls1camaross 00cls1camaross wrote:

Here is a picture of my boat at a buddy's shop. We pulled the bearings off and one of them came out in 20 pieces. The other picture is the sunset at Saguaro Lake last weekend.

Ha I feel like you are a coors light spokesperson. You need some coors light ladies in the boat and a coors light decal on the side to complete the picture.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00cls1camaross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 6:07pm
We named the boat the silver bullet. I am going to see if Coors will wrap my boat in coors light. I think that would be sick.
2000 Camaro SS
1985 Ski Nautique
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 6:10pm
well its already the right colors, maybe you can get them to get you a custom boat cover or something. I dont really love coors light so, wrapping my boat in it, well, wouldnt excite me.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by 00cls1camaross 00cls1camaross wrote:

We named the boat the silver bullet. I am going to see if Coors will wrap my boat in coors light. I think that would be sick.

you wouldnt happen to be a bob seger fan as well would you? Because then that could have a double meaning.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2012 at 11:36pm
Morfoot..you talking about Lake Jackson? Put in at Martins once, nice little lake. Not too far from you, ever try Lake Oconee? 375 miles of shoreline, never crowded, and always full pool....
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 8:20am
Dudes... A little effort please...

What keeps me busy for the moment:
- next wednesday, a trip to Dortmund, Germany at the ZF transmission company to have a revision of my automatic gearbox on the Beemer.
- probably this weekend, remove the swirl flaps out of the intake manifold and replace them with blanks. Swirl flaps is a commonly known problem in the diesel engines of BMW, as they can break off and get swallowed into the engine, causing major damage... If you wanna know more you can find some info here.

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 11:49am
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Morfoot..you talking about Lake Jackson? ever try Lake Oconee?

No Name....Yes Jackson is where I am talking about. I can be at my buddys place in about 25 mins. I have been to Oconee several times and camped out over by the dam. Beautiful, high dollar homes on that lake. Steeler fans should be familiar with this lake as this is where Big Ben got into trouble entertaining some college ladies a few years back as he owns a lair down there.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 11:33pm
Morfoot: Yep some monstrous houses on Oconee but rarely anyone there.
Been curious which one Big Bens, apparently on the night in question they got tired of hitting golf balls into the lake and headed over to GCSU.....

Keep the Southwind (photos in Diaries) in rack barn at Sugar Creek Marina if you're ever looking for a change of scenery. Also have a 75 Century MKII there (Century??? on CCF??..blasphemy!!)

Glad to see a Southside CCF, any more? (seems most on Lanier). I live nearby in Peachtree City and would of course never turn down a ride in a mint 2001.....

Jeff

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 11:39pm
Jeff,

You find that most on this site have a great respect for the Century Boats. Some will even express love.

Donald
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 11:56pm
Thanks! Yep Classic Glass is Classic Glass. It's a family heirloom, my dad bought it new in 75. Pretty rare, not many left. With a combined 75 years worth of old inboards, I must be a glutton for punishment.

Tried to attach a photo but it rejected, photo is 1461kb, says max is 500kb, any way around that?

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2012 at 12:56am
You need to re-size it. Search free picture re-size online and follow the instructions, they all seem to work just fine.

Not much winter to complain about this year, it is in the 30's today with about 1 inch of snow on the ground. I am trying not to be ungrateful, but since you asked, I am ready for spring anytime.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic