NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mr. Ralph Meloon /SJRR 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr. Ralph Meloon /SJRR 2012
    Posted: January-26-2012 at 7:05pm
Mr. ralph will speak on Saturday night @ 5:00 pm....
This is a bit sooner than last year, but at 94 he gets to set his time frame.This will change our departure time from Parramores to 8:00 am, that will give us more time at Hontoon Island and the surrounding parks.
We will set a time to depart from the Island later that day...3:00 to 3:30 pm ?...Roughly a 1 hour run back to Parramores.
After a full day on the water we will prepare for Mr. Ralph's presentation followed by food, fun and a few adult beverages .We will start the grills and turkeys early to feed the masses after his talk......It only gets better........Billy/Karen
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 7:13pm
LOL, That's great news Billy, you may want to revise your Topic however,
You misspelled Mr. Ralph's last name, Believe it is "Meloon".
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 7:28pm
Might want to setup a reunion sub section to the forum for all these SJRR threads.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 7:32pm
The plan is there's no plan ???
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 7:48pm
That was the original plan. Wait, who's on first?
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Might want to setup a reunion sub section to the forum for all these SJRR threads.

Maybe we all are not computer savy like you,and this seems to be working real well
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

LOL,,
You misspelled Mr. Ralph's last name, Believe it is "Meloon".
   Sorry bout that, correct now
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

That was the original plan. Wait, who's on first?

Brett, you are
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 8:44pm
For those on the fence, I can honestly say the 1400 miles I drove to SJRR was worth it to see Mr. Ralph speak (And the rest of you guys of course).
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2012 at 11:04pm
Been talking to the crew. My chances of making it are looking good
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 4:35am
I need to figure out how to get something on my boat autographed ? any ideas what I could send?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 11:46am
A glove box lid works great....

This picture was taken 3 years ago at the 50th Masters when the boatdr was asked by Mr. Ralph to bring the Dart to the Ski Tournament. Mr. Ralph autographed Billy's engine cover, and Glove box Lids for BuffaloBFN and myself.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 7:06pm
Billy/Karen

I have seen the posts pertaining to the reunion "SJRR 2012". I would like, please, to know if all are welcome? I rebuilt a 92 Ski Nautique with much help from this site, and would love to meet some of those that offerred endless, priceless help.
I have three daughters, Twins 15, and a 14 YO, who LOVE the Nautique, and would be very interested in a trip up. I live in Apopka, Sweetwater area.
We are in a charity 10k race Saturday, 24 2012. We would love to drive up and meet all at a suggested site?
Thanks for your assistance!

Jerry Smith
92 Ski Nautique
95 Ski Nautique - Sold
Js
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 10:08pm
Jerry, you are definitely welcome! Come on out and join us. Saturday we will be heading to Hontoon Island for the day for a raft-up and overall good time. Whereabouts are you from and how long do you plan on staying? If you just want to come for the day for the raft-up then it will be best to put in around Hontoon Island.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 11:40pm
Tim it seems to me you made some glove box covers? do you still have any?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 12:01am
Thanks Bret!!

I will head up after our race. ETA 1000. Hontoon Island?
Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 12:55am
I am in Orlando area, and will put in at the Highbanks ramp. (DeBary) It will take about 20 -30 minutes to hit Hontoon. Where will you be? Plan on just the day. Raft up. Would be great to meet all.
Js
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 1:00am
Jerry,please come, bring your family and enjoy our event. Karen will bring some extra shirts to the Island Saturday. Will you be coming to the Saturday night event ? If so bring something to throw in the pot , we eat after Mr. Ralph's finished and all questions asked.
If you need more info call me at 1-318-386-2825..Billy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 9:53am
Thank You Billy!! Not sure about eve. I would love to but not sure with my girls, after race and on water all day? If I do, I will bring food. I read Ralphs book, and would be nice to hear him. I will look forward to meeting you and the others. If I get to Hontoon 11ish, I will find you there?
Js
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 11:41am
Jerry, we'll be easy to find. Just look for about 30 Correct Crafts that have taken over the dock at Hontoon Island. We shouldn't be that hard to find.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 6:21pm

This is our ride. Look forward to meeting everyone!
Js
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 6:55pm
Nice boat Jerry, what lake is that on? I'm usually out on Butler on the weekends.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 7:07pm
Lake Brantley. Sweetwater, Longwood. It is a private lake. Quiet, clean and calm. You going to this reunion?
Js
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 7:13pm
Heck yeah! My wife & I went last year saturday only and before we left we booked thursday thru sunday at Parramore's. It is a great time and everyone we met there was awesome. Great group of guys on this site, you won't be disappointed. Looking forward to meeting you.

Bret
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 8:46pm
Bret, Thats great to hear, we are excited. I am bringing three teen daughters. Will there be many others? They too are excited. And thanks for the earlier compliment on the boat!
We are running a race early Saturday morning (up at 4am)in Winter Park, so it would be a long day to stay the night.
Js
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 10:41pm
The option is there,understand the "kid" thing too.....You will miss a unique gift from Mr. Ralph, hope we have him speaking at the 2022 SJRR. At the age of 94 , he will not be around forever, get it while you can. $10.00 per shirt, Karen needs numbers and sizes. Sea Ya Sat... Billy/ Karen
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 10:42pm
Now you know why we put on SJRR , what a birthday party for Donald and I......Cant wait....Billy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:34pm
Thank You.
Shirts, if you have them, 4 Smalls, 2 Mediums, and 1 XLarge. $70.00

A few years ago, I missed the opportunity of a tour of the Correct Craft plant with Ralph. I had to be in Washington, DC. He did send me his book, which I found very good. I sure would like to personaly meet him, but I think I would be stretching it with the girls and the early morning race.
You do know, also, is the Antique boat show in Tavares? (Mt Dora) Same weekend.
We are looking forward to meeting everyone. Will there be other teens? Will anyone be skiing, wakeboarding, tubing? The girls are asking me to bring the B-52. I rather not, but I hate to miss out on the fun they would have with others on it? What do you think?
Js
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 5:21pm
Yes on the boat show,This will be our 5th year, we enter one of our CorrectCraft woody's every year. This year we will display our 1958 Starflite Thursday all day and maybe a return trip for a spell on Friday.
Mt. Dora was the main reason SJRR is always the last full weekend in March. CorrectCraft will be well represented again this year.
We will bring extra shirts, but the small sizes go fast. We will do our best to satisfy all that attend, but if you do not sign up on Friday night , you will have to take what l have....Billy
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Now you know why we put on SJRR , what a birthday party for Donald and I......Cant wait....Billy

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic