Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Checking manifolds

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
photoshop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photoshop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Checking manifolds
    Posted: September-21-2005 at 11:52pm
Is there anyay to test them?I have an old set and wonder if they are cracked or not.

Thanks Photoshop
Photoshop
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2005 at 12:30pm
I assume you are speaking of the exhaust manifolds. You can pressure test them. Bolt a solid rubber (thick) sheet between the manifold and riser to block of the water passages. you could also use sheet metal with gasket material on both sides. Then cobble together a fitting for the drain plug that will allow you to connect your garden hose to the manifold. Turn on the water and look for leaking water at the manifold.
photoshop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photoshop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2005 at 12:54pm
    Yes it is the exhaust manifolds.Thanks for your help.
Photoshop
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2005 at 1:04pm
I should have mentioned that I highly recommend that you follow my proceedure with the manifolds removed. You hate getting water into the engine if the blank of plate leaks while testing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic