Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1979 Ski Nautique Project!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
M_U_M_P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M_U_M_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 5:07pm
Also, If anybody has any tips on re-sizing pics and loading them into a post..that would be most helpful..
M_U_M_P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M_U_M_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 5:07pm
Alright guys...here is my thread that I had promised on Friday...it was after 4AM when we stopped workin on the boat, I hope you can forgive me lol.

Our project is a 1979 Ski Nautique. It has a good running 351 in it, recently rebuilt according to the PO. The stringers are completely rotten. The floor had separated from the actual hull on the left side of the boat. The observer seat did not come in the boat, but, we did get the brackets for it.

I dont have much time to post this today, but I at least wanted to get started and give you guys a little info. And please dont be mad about not having any pictures....I am taking really good pics with my Fiances really good camera, but every single one has to be resized because they are huge, gimme a little time and ill have some good pics up.

So, the jist of this thread is going to be myself and my cousin doing a restore on this boat. It is not going to be completely original. We are going to do a custom paint scheme most likely with a graphic decal down the sides.

I guess the first part of the restoration is going to be tackling the floor/stringers..which is what we are working on now. we got a good bit done this weekend in my opinion.

We pulled the motor friday night after work, which went good, but I couldnt get any pics because it was raining outside.

Saturday, we got a late start after lunch. We cut most of the floor out and got what i had thought was about 90% of the foam out...But i think i may have been wrong..Then sunday, we started late again and tore out a little more of the floor and foam.

we have pulled the ski pole out for now, not yet decided if it will go back in. We have pulled the steering cable out, the throttle and shifter cables are out also. The main motor wiring has been pulled also, it was in rough shape.

The next step we have is to start peeling the rotten stringers out 1 at a time to start replacing them. We have to make a trip for materials this week sometime, and we will be back at it this weekend. I will do my best to get some more pics up this week.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic