NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seating capacity of 90-96 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 5:26pm
I don't know if our new friend from Tennessee is a transplant from Missouri or what? He didnt believe me when I told him all 93 model boats would have composite stringers either until he called the factory to confirm. Some guys are just naturally skeptical I guess.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I don't know if our new friend from Tennessee is a transplant from Missouri or what? He didnt believe me when I told him all 93 model boats would have composite stringers either until he called the factory to confirm. Some guys are just naturally skeptical I guess.   

He didnt believe me either, if that makes you feel any better Joe!

That Missouri comment made me laugh!
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Juiced2001 Juiced2001 wrote:

Nice boat Bret. Curious, why did you sell the 96 SN and go with the larger Sport? My guess is you wanted more room for more people? Lol

HAHA, really it was just a case of me thumbing through the CL ads and seeing it with a price too good to be true. I figured it would be a nice change and the wife always wanted an open bow boat. I showed her the ad and she wanted to go look at it. Who was I to tell her no?
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Juiced2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juiced2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

He didnt believe me either, if that makes you feel any better Joe!

That Missouri comment made me laugh!

While I did appreciate your answer about the 93 stringer question, you said "I've never seen a 93 with wood stringers", I didn't realize you really meant you knew without a doubt all 93 SN's had composite stringers even those built in Sept 92. And yes, I'm aware East Texas is highly knowledgeable and posts at TMC and owns a SN. He's the one who suggested I call Correct Craft. For me it's important to know about facts and not just what someone thinks they know. I think it's ironic how Joe now knows all 93 SN's have composite stringers especially since I confirmed it from Correct Craft and posted it last week.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 6:13pm
If airbags came standard on a 1995 Silverado, odds are..no matter when in 94 it was built my 95 will have airbags.

I know car vs boat stuff doesn't always work but it's kinda the same isn't it?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 6:18pm
Is it hotter down south than it is in the summer?
Doug
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 6:35pm
I have never seen a model year 93 boat with wood stringers. If the serial number on the back contains a 93 and not a 92 you should be fine.

You are totally right I was vague and wishy washy

I was trying to not answer the way I was thinking which was... dude do a search it is stated no less than a hundreds times in the forums on the CCFAN site as well as clearly documented in the brouchures located in the reference section that the SN went to all composite construction in 93.

I tried not to repeat my error in this post with my very terse response of 6 - it didnt work
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 6:47pm
I think the thing that needs to be kept in mind on this site, and other forums, is that people are on here helping one another out, with information, for FREE.

You can't ask for free information, and then ask the person who gave you the free information to document his sources, and then partially insult the person, and never say thank you, and never tell the person who helped you for free whether they've helped you solve your problem
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

You can't ask for free information, and then ask the person who gave you the free information to document his sources, and then partially insult the person, and never say thank you, and never tell the person who helped you for free whether they've helped you solve your problem

Actually you can, and we dont really mind. And in general we would still love to meet you and hang out with you sometime. Probably even buy you a drink or take you on a pull (perhaps at the music city reunion even). But you might just have to endure an outdated joke or two in the process.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 7:34pm

Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Actually you can, and we dont really mind. And in general we would still love to meet you and hang out with you sometime. Probably even buy you a drink or take you on a pull (perhaps at the music city reunion even). But you might just have to endure an outdated joke or two in the process.

That is code for "Drinks are on Joe at Blackwater Thursday night at SJRR" Tell your friends.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 7:38pm
We, here in Missouri find it rather humorous that anyone would obtain their documentation from a sales brochure.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 8:12pm

I tried not to repeat my error in this post with my very terse response of 6 - it didnt work

Funny you should say that, Joe. I hadnt looked at this thread before just now. I thought to myself, how can a thread titled "what is the capacity of 90-96 Ski Nautique" have 24 posts/responses when "6" pretty much covers it. You never know where these threads will go.
Juiced2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juiced2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2012 at 8:44pm
I'll take you up on that drink. I thought I did thank Joe, but directly to his email, if I did not I apologize. The reason I wanted to know about the stringers so quickly was because I was looking at the purchase of a Ski Nautique. The boat was listed as a 91 but the hull number ended in I293. It was priced right and if I wanted to buy I knew I had to make a quick decision. I did search this forum and google for an answer but nothing came up. So I went directly to Joe and he got back quickly. His answer turned out to be spot on. I just wanted to be certain so I called Correct Craft. There's a $2000 difference between the 91 and 93 SN. Many will agree the 93+ to be more desirable, at least it is for me. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic