Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pic'of the Day.

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pic'of the Day.
    Posted: February-17-2012 at 3:22am

One of my favorite shots of "the bear" and the lovely Mrs........this was labor day weekend 1977.
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 3:32am
jeez what was I thinking with that hat!

and what the heck was that beautiful lady doin' with me?!

taken on beautiful Sandusky Bay....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 3:41am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

jeez what was I thinking with that hat!

and what the heck was that beautiful lady doin' with me?!

taken on beautiful Sandusky Bay....

john

Don't knock the hat....it was mine!! I believe the one on Patti was

Sharon's as the two of you were fried and needed to get out of the sun. I

seem to recall this was the weekend you finally learned to barefoot or

got your minute in???
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 3:52am
LOL on the hat...yeah we were both fried. Believe it was the first weekend we ever spent at Cyrstal Caves KOA. Boy lotsa stories there.

Learned to step-off this weekend but did not get a minute till July of 1979 (!) behind Dennis Shelk's orange Martinique (SP?) one evening after all day rain and blender testing. With Patti in the boat. Talk about a slow learner. Just went and checked my Barefooter plaque on the wall to be sure of the year.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 10:57am
everytime i have vision of my stepdad (rip) it includes an identical hat to that one, remember it vividly,
i can sure tell that is Sandusky Bay
"the things you own will start to own you"
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 11:27am
do they call it" sandusky" bay because of the way the waves lap the boys?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 11:37am
"buy a hat like that and they ought to give you a bowl of soup"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 12:00pm
Peter, no finer joy than a young boy, lol
Sandusky is located right out John's back door
"the things you own will start to own you"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 2:01pm

Learned to step-off this weekend but did not get a minute till July of 1979 (!) behind Dennis Shelk's orange Martinique (SP?) one evening after all day rain and blender testing. With Patti in the boat. Talk about a slow learner. Just went and checked my Barefooter plaque on the wall to be sure of the year.

john

Plaque!!!???? I didn't get a plaque. But I did send in my "offically certified" declaration of a minute barefoot run, I believe into AWSA and got a swell little blue and yellow triangle patch with some big yellow feet on it and a little button with a "1" on it. Did you guys do that too? I sent off for mine in 72.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

john

Plaque!!!???? I didn't get a plaque. But I did send in my "offically certified" declaration of a minute barefoot run, I believe into AWSA and got a swell little blue and yellow triangle patch with some big yellow feet on it and a little button with a "1" on it. Did you guys do that too? I sent off for mine in 72.

Plaques came from the club and were very nice....matter of fact mine, son's, and daughter,s are all mounted on the wall down in the Tennessee house. AWSA patches were sewn on the club jacket.
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 6:28pm
Bill,

Have really enjoyed all the vintage pics in the other thread, since it is kind of my era, too. John and I discussed our common background and timing years ago on here and developed a bit of a bond out of that. With your ski club activity, you guys did a lot more cooler stuff than I ever did or got exposed to tho. But I am guessing even with all those good times with the club, the family stuff is/was the best.

(check out the video (actually a compilation of old stills) in the first video of the linked website in my signature)

-Larry
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Sandusky is located right out John's back door

lol
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 1:50am

Bill,

Have really enjoyed all the vintage pics in the other thread, since it is kind of my era, too. John and I discussed our common background and timing years ago on here and developed a bit of a bond out of that. With your ski club activity, you guys did a lot more cooler stuff than I ever did or got exposed to tho. But I am guessing even with all those good times with the club, the family stuff is/was the best.

(check out the video (actually a compilation of old stills) in the first video of the linked website in my signature)

-Larry

seeing some of these reminds me of all the cool stuff we have done over the years but yes....."the family stuff is the best"....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 2:46am

LOL on the hat...yeah we were both fried. Believe it was the first weekend we ever spent at Cyrstal Caves KOA. Boy lotsa stories there.

john
John: Here is a pic' of the boat to which you refer along with a pic' of Denny and I taking a run together back in '75.
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 3:51am
WOW....

me and HW are still sitting here scanning...but I think I got it now. Next step..drag the box outa the storage closet.

Yikes.

Teaser picture:

I got it!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 3:58am
"The Lurker" has quickly become one of my favorite posters.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 4:18am
nice 2 man run....notice Denny has a belt. Not many on here have seen those I bet.

you must be pulling apart all your albums...every time I make mention of some event...you just happen to have a picture of it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 7:18am

I'm just shocked that someone with the last name "Berry" actually is able to scan old pictures into his computer. There's a bet I would have lost...
-Adam

1973 Skier
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 9:47am

notice Denny has a belt. Not many on here have seen those I bet. john

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

"The Lurker" has quickly become one of my favorite posters.

My wife still says I should have made that my screen name!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

I'm just shocked that someone with the last name "Berry" actually is able to scan old pictures into his computer. There's a bet I would have lost...

It is bet you would have WON....easily... up until a week ago!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 6:24pm
The pic above of Bill and Denny reminded me of this one of me and my buddy TJ from 1972.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 7:12pm

The pic above of Bill and Denny reminded me of this one of me and my buddy TJ from 1972.

Larry: Great shot...and the "manly" way to 'foot back in the day..Speedo style!! By the way I long ago viewed your video and think it is great. Like you say these old pics' remind us old guys how it was.
     Regarding the barefooting plaques mentioned above in earlier post, me, John, my son, and maybe one or two others still make each other run a minute plus every year or we threaten to repo' the plaque!! It is called re-qualifying!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 8:07pm
TJ and I were both competitive swimmers, it's how we met, so Speedos were all we knew. The no-vest thing wasn't an effort to be manly, we didnt have one any more. We learned wearing one of those yellow vinyl ones like you've got on, but after 47 billion face plants, it was pretty much destroyed. We kept it alive with about 20 rolls of duct tape for as long as we could but it eventually died. Funny thing about your story about the observer. TJ and I had one also, his name was Rog: stacked up life vest, ball for a head and a baseball cap. We managed to convince the 102 year old sheriff on our lake that Rog was real for a couple of summers.

I like your re-qualifying idea. Might have to subject myself to that.

I have this song on my ipod. Whenever it comes up, I think of John (and now you) Not many lyrics, but at about 1:10 you will hear why (well, that and the title)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2012 at 10:45pm

OK... the pic' of the day today is for all those who thought the annual dance picture of me and the 'bro indicated that these dances were pretty stupid. The guys...yes, the girls....not so much!! Future wife is in the center.....fiance at this point. [1976]

Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 12:29am
Originally posted by AirTique98 AirTique98 wrote:

OK... the pic' of the day today is for all those who thought the annual dance picture of me and the 'bro indicated that these dances were pretty stupid. The guys...yes, the girls....not so much!! Future wife is in the center.....fiance at this point. [1976]

Nice! any pics of the bunny,s tail.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 2:37am
more from the Annual Dance...Patti and Pam...me and Wayne both married way over our heads....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 2:52am
Larry; here is the plaque we would be awarded when we did our first 'minute' run.....believe me you earned it. All depended on who was watching the watch. Always seemed to be an awful lot of '58' second runs before the guys would call it a minute.

now some of you sharper guys might recognize the finger holding this plaque. Said finger has held a few oil filters in the same manner. Kinda hard to get your grip just right late in the evening after a few Captains.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 4:00pm

more from the Annual Dance...Patti and Pam...me and Wayne both married way over our heads....

john

Agreed...you and Wayne certainly did marry way over your heads! BTW my wife is in the background, far right with her two sisters. One in the middle is still single, a CPA and attorney. Waiting for the right skier to come along!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 9:47pm
I like the way this thread is heading. Much prefer the girls in the playboy bunny outfits than you blokes in your "budgie smugglers".
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic