NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Government Can !!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Government Can !!
    Posted: February-19-2012 at 2:16pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 2:38pm
Biting the hand that currently feeds you? (I hope its not to soon for the unemployment ribbing, there but for the grace of......)I liked the song but based on the tempid response I would say there were a lot libs in the audience that didn't.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 2:50pm
Ain't that the truth!    
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 3:28pm
Hey Marty one good thing they just lengthened unemployment benefits again. What is it 3-4 years? Just keep voting Democrat and you will never have to work again?   
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 3:45pm
maybe your convictions are what gets you guy's in all the trouble your (the righties) having
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 3:46pm
I think Ronald McDonald is available....conjur up 20 million for his campaign fund
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I think Ronald McDonald is available....conjur up 20 million for his campaign fund

We already have a clown in office thanks!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2012 at 4:26pm
Dont worry Marty, We the people, we'll give you some time to get back on your feet again, cant help ya though with the 2000.00 a month you'll be facing in Cobra because your medical gets cut-off, they just dont want to give anything away...just dont get hurt, or suffer from any illnesse till you get back on your feet...oh, what the fck drain your life savings on in between care....cause we dont fcn care, sht, we got your 401 already. we wanna see you fail, we want every last dime you have....you dont wanna work, you wanna sit on your lazy
ass, i can tell your lazy and want to sponge on the system like i do, I deserve it, im entitled to it
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2012 at 2:49am
"A paycheck for work performed is a genuine entitlement. A claim against that paycheck by those who would rather vote for a living than work for one is neither genuine nor something to which one is entitled in a free society. Let’s correct the thought patterns that allow the current misuse of the term to undergird the modern welfare state." -- Larry Reed
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2012 at 2:58am
Good quote, who is Larry Reed? Internet turns up a comedian, an evangelist, and an attorney.
1987 Ski Nautique

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2012 at 6:37am
That clip also goes for Belgium!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 2:46am
Q. What is the common thread?
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax (Fed)
Federal Unemployment Tax (FU TA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurringCharges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage ChargeTax
Utility Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

A. Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...
And our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt...
We had the largest middle class in the world...
What happened?
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 3:10am
100 years ago seriously-- that's where you want to get back to? 300 million couldn't exactly live like we were living 100 years ago without ravaging the land to worse than useless in less than a decade.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 3:29am
We have 15 trillion in debt and are heading for 22 trillion if Barrack gets his budget, that is what I call ravaging "the land" in a decade. Each of the taxes above was enacted to pay for more government, and yet the government went further into debt. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. The alternative is to look at what worked, and duplicate it.
1987 Ski Nautique

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 7:31am
He isn't going to get "his" budget, and you know it.

More like a campaign pitch, and that is fine by me. Is there anything the righties will agree to?   

Are you really saying we need to roll it back a hundred years? Or that you do not benefit from the above taxes and fees? Or are you short sighted so badly you think they were only enacted to create more gov?

I for one am glad there is a building permit tax, ( many more on the list too) , my neighbors house falling on mine would suck.   
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 10:43am
DRINK MORE KOOL AID
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

And this is because HIS Harry reid once again will not even bring it to the floor.   

Harry Reid   head of the Senate    DEMOCRAT

The Senate has enough democrats to pass anything they choose.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 11:02am
I think someone in Syria would agree to your 100 terms....whaaaaaa
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 1:39pm
ha 100 years ago, doctors were bleeding people out with leaches and penecillin was our best medication. That would definitely decrease healthcare costs. Also life expectancy was right around 50 so that really would lighten social securities and medicares loads. Solves alot of problem.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 2:48pm
You
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

ha 100 years ago, doctors were bleeding people out with leaches and penecillin was our best medication. That would definitely decrease healthcare costs. Also life expectancy was right around 50 so that really would lighten social securities and medicares loads. Solves aloof problem.

Jusrin, thank you for the gift of that wonderful analogy, I had to scroll to the bottom of the page and check to see if it was birthday. You are correct, it is hard for anything to improve our even maintain itself when you attach leaches to itand drain its life blood. True for people, economie and buisnesses. Doctors are bright, they look at tesults and change their thimking and treatments. Unfortunatly democrats learn much slower.
1987 Ski Nautique

Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 3:05pm
Reading that list of taxes it seems to me that many of them are what you might call "pay to play" taxes. For example, if I want to go fishing I pay a tax in the form of a license that goes to support the maintenance of fish stocks and lake ecosystems allowing the fishing to take place. Seems like a perfectly legitimate tax to me. Many people think of taxes as solely a mechanism for the government to collect money. Sometimes taxes and fees are used to create a negative feedback on behavior that we as a society have deemed problematic ("sin taxes"), or just to keep people from abusing a system. I have no problem with taxes in principle and I struggle to see the logic that very often seems to say "I want all the benefits without having to pay for it." You cannot have your cake and eat it too! And this from a person fresh off doing my taxes and seeing my burden in stark relief!
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2012 at 10:23pm
OverMyHead said "The alternative is to look at what worked, and duplicate it."

You must be referring to President Clinton's balanced budget and the surplus created.
This is the life
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2012 at 12:27am
Look what you did Marty. You got em all riled up!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2012 at 10:40am
With Martys employment situation, I am afraid we may all become his entertainment. Stir the pot and then sit back and watch?
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2012 at 11:15am
I doubt Marty is sitting around playing on the internet too much, even if he ain't getting paid I suspect he is doing work!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2012 at 11:32am
At least Marty's still got a sense of humor.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2012 at 12:03pm
Did a little re-model of the bathroom

Here I am enjoying a little ME TIME

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 2:59am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

More like a campaign pitch, and that is fine by me. Is there anything the righties will agree to?   

Are you really saying we need to roll it back a hundred years? Or that you do not benefit from the above taxes and fees? Or are you short sighted so badly you think they were only enacted to create more gov?

I for one am glad there is a building permit tax, ( many more on the list too) , my neighbors house falling on mine would suck.   

I was recently helping to build a garage (it had burnt down), and was present for the building inspection. We were told our siding fasteners were to short to meet code, we had to pull out a tape measure and make drawings to show the inspector that the electric code and the fastener code were in conflict and that the siding staples of the length he wanted could reach wiring properly run through the studs. We also brought a gas line up through a conduit in the foundation and into the garage in a continuous run for the gas furnace replacing the woodburner that was speculated as the cause of the fire. We were required to move it and bring it up outside the structure with no conduit where it could be struck by passing lawn mowers which was what we were trying to prevent. In the first case we could have created electrical problems and a possible fire hazard had we blindly followed the inspectors rules. In the second we were forced to create a hazard where none existed.

In the 80's they came out with synthetic stucco for housing exteriors.the product was superior to its predecessor but "breathed differently. Stucco contractors were forced by inspectors to follow existing codes which were not in sync with the new products. Thousands of homes developed mold problems despite and because of the out of date codes. Homeowners went after the builders and contractors for the damages which often cost far more to remedy than the original charges for the installation. Builders reputations were damaged, contractors were driven into bankruptcy, but the cities and state could not be held liable even though they had final approval of the plans and wrote the codes. Why? Because they right the rules and have exempted themselves from damages.

Current code requires a vapor barrier on the outside and inside of framed and insulated basement walls. when water gets in, and it always does there is no way for it to breath itself out. Another huge code induced problem coming in the future.

I will give credit to the codes for reducing house fires and saving lives with smoke detectors, to the point that statistically fires, deaths and property damage have been nearly eliminated. Minneapolis recently mandated sprinkler systems in all new residential single family structures at an average cost of 3 grand per house. The costs will far exceed the long term payoff considering how rare a fire is new housing and remediation of water damage from sprinklers, and the city is now at a $3,000 disadvantage competing with the surrounding cities for new home buyers.

When I roofed my home The city had a non-negotiable permit fee of $275, presumably to cover the costs of inspectors and administration. I did the work on the weekend because I work during the week. I asked about a Saturday inspection fully knowing that no government city inspector can be found on a weekend, they said I could take pictures of my work and bring them in to show them, but offered no discount for me doing the inspectors job. Plus the roof would be completed before they had a chance to determine if it met code. I have worked on enough roofs to know where they fail. My roof exceeds code with ice and water shield further past the the exterior wall than required, rolled up under all the metal flashing's, and sealing the top three sides of all through flashing's for venting and the solar tube. I also replaces some very soggy plywood around the chimney due to inferior (and city inspected) flashing work.

For all this we pay a building permit tax? Thanks big government. I dont want my house to fall down either, so I make sure it is built so it will not, and hire private inspectors when I purchase an existing home to make sure it is up to snuff. It is just personal responsibility, pay now or pay later.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 3:05am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Did a little re-model of the bathroom

Here I am enjoying a little ME TIME

TMI, I dont even want to know what is tenting up that wash cloth. Enjoy your free time!
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 4:00am
Originally posted by Hansel Hansel wrote:

Reading that list of taxes it seems to me that many of them are what you might call "pay to play" taxes. For example, if I want to go fishing I pay a tax in the form of a license that goes to support the maintenance of fish stocks and lake ecosystems allowing the fishing to take place. Seems like a perfectly legitimate tax to me. Many people think of taxes as solely a mechanism for the government to collect money. Sometimes taxes and fees are used to create a negative feedback on behavior that we as a society have deemed problematic ("sin taxes"), or just to keep people from abusing a system. I have no problem with taxes in principle and I struggle to see the logic that very often seems to say "I want all the benefits without having to pay for it." You cannot have your cake and eat it too! And this from a person fresh off doing my taxes and seeing my burden in stark relief!

Its not so much not wanting to pay for the benefits although more than half of our society does not pay a thing towards them. Its more are we getting what we pay for. There are a lot of zeros in a trillion. I have a hard time seeing 3.83 trillion in benefit in 2011. I can have my cake, or I can eat it, or I can give it to the government and then have them give me one slice back, and tell me that is a good deal.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic