Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wake skiing

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Maximal691 Maximal691 wrote:

And as far as what bill said, it is condescending to say these people cannot afford lake property. Suppose I said said I was 60? Would it be ok for me to make these posts then? I'm actually 24 but I don't feel like age has anything to do with this.

Well, I had no doubt that Quinner's and my opinions would create a good bit of controversy....heck, my opinion elicits spirited debate within my own family!!
     I by no means meant to imply that anyone could or could not afford anything, and I'm probably one of the least condescending guys you would ever meet. I apologize if you felt my comments were so.
     One of the great things about our sport is the fact it is so multi-generational and there is usually a facet for everyone that allows friends and particularly family to be involved together for lifetimes. My in-laws [in their 80's] still vacation with our ski club every year and while they no longer ski they enjoy the boating, watching children and grandchildren, and the whole scene.
     I've always felt our sport was a great equalizer and certainly didn't mean to seem elitist...I was a working man my whole life who finally [at the age of 59] was fortunate enough to be able to realize a lifelong dream of owning a lakefront home. You are a very fortunate young man to have that available in your family and I hope you get half as much pleasure and enjoyment out of this sport as I have.
     And I agree with you....age has nothing to do with it.
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 5:00pm

I'm on a cliff side of the lake. It makes everything from lifts to coolers a chore.

"Cliff side" is basically most of our lake....but it does translate to some very calm water the majority of the time. I know what you mean by the cooler issue...98 steps from the top deck to the dock at my place and that's when the lake is at "full pool". Not really as bad as it sounds as it is a series of level changing "runways" interspersed with stairs. I will say the coolers are far lighter going back up!!! lol
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 6:38pm

I'm on a cliff side of the lake. It makes everything from lifts to coolers a chore.

NG,
Maybe one of these would help? Link this to Daddy.

Thanks for filling us in. Considering you are "cliff side", I'd say you do not have to worry about erosion. Go fill up the ballast tanks and go for it!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 8:35pm
that tram is sweet!! i've got bill barely beat...100 steps from my back door to the dock. over the past couple years i've hauled about 20 tons (literally 20 tons) of rock down those steps to shore up my shoreline...2, 5 gallon buckets at a time with a homemade carry yoke...no need to head to the gym...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
Maximal691 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 8:42pm
I need less of a tram, more of an elevator. Waves are why I'm on a cliff side, its always rough on our side. It makes docking and getting onto lifts fun. Usually every spring we grab some rocks and build a little beach, and in the winter the ice will destroy it.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by AirTique98 AirTique98 wrote:

I will say the coolers are far lighter going back up!!! lol

trying to help Bill 'lighten' the load for the trek back up 98 steps...

its what brothers are for.....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 9:38pm
Son watch the 80's comment. I'll throw on the 1980's Kidder Pro Graphite and show you Hot Doggin.

Waldo
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 10:38pm

I need less of a tram, more of an elevator.

OK, sorry for the link but it's obvious you did not look at the web site enough. As suggested, please forward the link to your dad - He may have more patience to thoroughly look and understand what they have to offer.

BTW, I take it you do not want to even post your first name in your profile? How about the diary entry? I'm beginning to get the idea that you really do not have a boat or a lake front property? Please correct me.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 11:58pm
Easy Pete, i was making a joke a a out the elevator. I'll put a smiley face next time so my humor won't be lost through text. Sorry I havent created a profile, it's been a busy weekend. Honestly though it's the least of my concerns. If you really want we can be Facebook friends. I do have a boat, you have seen pictures of it. I think it's pretty rude to insinuate I'm making that up, or the fact we have lake property. If it makes you feel any better, nynautique can verify I have a boat. He's been to my house and has seen it. I'm pretty sure is mentioned my name somewhere on here before, but it's max. I'm not a bad guy pete, the people on the boards here who have met me or have made transactions with me would probably agree.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 9:41am

Easy Pete, i was making a joke a a out the elevator. I'll put a smiley face next time so my humor won't be lost through text. Sorry I havent created a profile, it's been a busy weekend. Honestly though it's the least of my concerns. If you really want we can be Facebook friends. I do have a boat, you have seen pictures of it. I think it's pretty rude to insinuate I'm making that up, or the fact we have lake property. If it makes you feel any better, nynautique can verify I have a boat. He's been to my house and has seen it. I'm pretty sure is mentioned my name somewhere on here before, but it's max. I'm not a bad guy pete, the people on the boards here who have met me or have made transactions with me would probably agree.

Fantastic! When you do get the time, fill in the gaps!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

also, tim's photo sums up why i've never trick skied...i just think it looks kinda fruity.

Cant agree with you there... Im not much of a trend follower (otherwise I would probably prefer wakeboarding to footing/slalom trick), but think watching a talented trick skier is damn entertaining. Check out HW's ice breaking video from last spring- good stuff.

I also agree that age has nothing to do with it!

^^Bonus points for the vintage vest^^^
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 4:13pm
and beard
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by MI-nick MI-nick wrote:

also, tim's photo sums up why i've never trick skied...i just think it looks kinda fruity.

Nick!!!!!
I'm sure this comment "ruffled some feathers! The only time I've seen HW on the "fruity" side is when he's around CQ! Not really as I do believe both are as normal as you and I.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 8:26pm
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 8:27pm
yeah, I figured it would...but i thought it was relevant to why trick isn't more popular...i watched hollywood's ice video again...it's awesome for the ice berg start and the sound of his '88...i'm sorry though, those front to backs and back (or whatever you call them) just remind me of swing dancing...with all the hip swingin' and what not ..doesn't matter though, the chicks still seem to dig it and i'm sure i'd jump at the chance to go ridin' on the ice with those guys
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 8:32pm
The chicks don't dig any of that crap, wakeboard/barefoot/shoe ski/jump/etc etc

One thing I do think they dig is a guy that can center a 5-high underneath them. Something they rely on you know? All that other junk is a, as used before "pissing contest"

ps trick skiing still sucks

jk, kinda
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 8:35pm
Chicks dig partying at the sand bar.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 8:36pm
I would trick ski till my hands/arms/legs/feet are black and blue before I'd hang out at the sandbar all day!

jk, we hang on occasion, I just get tired of that in a hurry :)
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 8:48pm
Chicks dig guys that can hold a ski rope in one hand, and a huge stack of money in the other hand. The hand with the ski rope is optional.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

I would trick ski till my hands/arms/legs/feet are black and blue before I'd hang out at the sandbar all day!

jk, we hang on occasion, I just get tired of that in a hurry :)

Mike,

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 10:52pm
Depends on the mood. If I take out a bunch of non skiers/boarders its better to go save gas at the sandbar than drag them around on a tube. The lake gets real rough on weekends too so it's a nice escape from the waves.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 11:01pm

Depends on the mood. If I take out a bunch of non skiers/boarders its better to go save gas at the sandbar than drag them around on a tube. The lake gets real rough on weekends too so it's a nice escape from the waves.

You have got to be kidding here - a tube?

I really appreciate your filing in your profile as well as adding your boat to the diaries.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 12:09am
Pete, go away.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 9:39am

Pete, go away.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 12:40pm
I'm going out this weekend and since there will probably be a lot of ice I'll surely trick ski, because I like it not because the chicks may or may not dig it. If anyone wants to wakeboard, foot, swivel, slalom or kneeboard they're welcome to join me.

We don't want you at the sandbar anyway Mike.
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

jk, kinda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 2:14pm
Believe me I don't do it for the chicks. Nor do haze myself in the mountains for them. Hollywood where's this video from last year?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 2:27pm
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Pete, go away.

Pete has over 17,000 pasts here, I doubt he is going anywhere. Pete is almost in a protected class, he has given invaluable advice to every one of us at one point or another. Don't be to quick to dismiss him for some occasional orneriness, it is part of his charm!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 9:02pm
I agree he's very very knowledgeable and I have yet to doubt him on that. I just don't like my tastes or integrity being questioned by him. I.E., if I have a boat or property. Or if I take non skiing friends tubeing.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 4:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic