NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

strut bushing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
danman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: strut bushing
    Posted: March-27-2004 at 1:54am
does any body know the size of the strut bushing for a 78 ski nautique?
(I.D" X O.D")
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2004 at 2:11am
i would just measure to be sure. my 72 was 1" inner x 1 3/8" outer.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2004 at 1:09pm
On my '79 it is 1" i.d. x 1.25" o.d. call Vince at ski dim and he should be able to tell you.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2004 at 1:43pm
measure
danman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2004 at 12:31am
well mine is 1"ID X 1 1/4"OD, I had to order it through secc because of none of the local
marina's here in North Georgia could put there
hands on this - probably because the bushing is 6" long.
I removed the entire strut from the boat, now I am trying to decide what sealer to use on the bolt threads/holes, and weather or not to apply the sealer to just the threads/holes or put some on the part that contacts the bottem of the boat also
any input?????? thomas ryan.....
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2004 at 6:50pm
yo, i put a very thin layer of 'life caulk' from boaters world between the hull and the base of the strut, but i decked both surfaces. ie no movement when mated dry.

if it rocks any, i would use marine tex between the base and the hull and caulk the heads and holes. double nut the screws or use lock nuts.

the wood boat has a cross member between the stringers to beef up the hull where the strut mounts. if you do 180's, you might scrape off the gel coat and glass in a board from stringer to stringer. just a thought.....

a personal preference, i would buff and polish the strut if you have it off.

i used a 8' tamping bar to line up the side to side engine alignment. the longer the bar, the easier it is to get it right on the money.

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2004 at 7:02pm
I use 3M 5200 or 4000 caulk. the 5200 is a more permenent version and the 4000 stays plyable. I would put a thin coat on everything, use a heavier coat around the screw holes (bottom and top) just wipe down the excess after your done.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2004 at 1:55am
3M 5200!!! Boatlife will "wash-out" in 4 to 5 years, maybe less. As far as strut bearing size. Get out your tape measure,and if you don`t have one go buy yourself an inexpensive plastic measuring caliper,a good tool to have.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2004 at 10:07am
3M 800 INDUSTRIAL SEALANT.i have used this on my commercial coin operated laundry equiptment for almost 20 years.
general electric and speed queen use this to seal parts on the outer tubs of wash machines when they build them.
i have never seen it fail !
about 8 bucks a tube,you can buy it at most appliance parts stores.
kenny g
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic