Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

90 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Paul View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 90 Ski Nautique
    Posted: September-25-2005 at 3:33am
I just purchased a 90 Ski Nautique. Engine is 351 Ford / 240 HP. I have a couple questions: 1. What is the recommended prop for this boat if the primary use will be skiing in a slalom course 2. I noticed that under the teak swim platform, there are a couple of plastic sections attatched; so that essentially the under side of the platform is solid; no gaps like other Nautiques. Would these sections have an effect on the wake? We are new to the ski boat scene; so, any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2005 at 3:41am
Paul,

Welcome and congratulations on your new nautique.

The 90 SN came standard with a three blade
prop. Over the last several years, a lot
of guys have been putting 4 blades on them.
Now, Acme has a new 3 blade which is supposed
to provide great performance and folks have been going that way again. I highly recommend you call Acme and seek their opinion for prop selection.

The plastic was added to the bottom of the swim platform to cut down on carbon monoxide emissions. There were several deaths from folks riding on the platform, etc. For safety, and to curtail
liability, the plastic was added. A couple of years later, the platforms were made solid, and they have been so for at least 8 years.

The platform has no effect upon the wake. In fact, when you're skiing behind the boat, you'll notice that the platform is completely out of the water.

BKH

Livin' the Dream

79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2005 at 12:05pm
I was under the impression that by '90 the base engine was rated at 260hp with a 1.23:1 tranny and used a 13x16 RH prop. I have a three blade ACME and would recommend them as well. I have a federal prop (orginal) as well and there is nothing wrong with it, my boat seems to run better all around with the ACME, holeshot, top end and idle and most importantly in my case I can only turn it 5000-5500 rpm.
Paul View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2005 at 2:19pm
Thanks for the info.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic