Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2021222324 26>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 9:38pm
Per barrel more gas is made than diesel.
Diesel comes off the refining process early = costs less to make.
Guys that do the bio diesel thing can refine their "home brew" in the kitchen in a blender then step it up to say 10 gallons a day for way under 2 bucks a gal.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

He won't get it.....

I choose not to commment to lefft wing outfielders. Go to your gay rights meeting!! YOU DIG BOY!!!!

What is a "dig boy". I thought it may be some line of gay slur, so I Google it, no luck. I then called one of my gay friends and he had never heard of it either. Maybe it is a case of auto correct, I get that all the time. Sometimes the result is pretty funny.

A south thing... i wont go into detail just take it as being serious..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:13pm
i think you should tell us all this whole blog has gotten so out of control anyway . between glass seeker trying to make people look stupid with their spelling and john b trying to show us all how smart he is and even the republican side of this spouting comments that seem like parting shots from both sides. I am as i have said before a republican but cant everyone here try playing a role like joe in NY ? he is and has to be the most rational and fact driven democrat i have ever heard... by the way changing quotes?? on both sides??? be ashamed
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:31pm
Come on Skicat, what is it? It's nowhere to be found on the internet. If you can't print it, just give me the clean version so I get the idea. It's no fun if the message isn't clear. I will not give a retort unless you want one. I am not southern so I don't know, but either does my sister in law, from Georgia all her life.
Or did you just make it up to tease me?
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Rev Bob View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rev Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:26am
John B,

Read it this way: "You Dig?.....Boy!".
Cheers,
Rev Bob

"if it's gonna happen, it'll happen out there!"
~~~
My Dad always said; "Everything on your boat is either broken or about to be....and you just don't know about it yet".
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:39am
Oh it's a southern thing alright.

It shows why Ski hates Obama soooooo much.

I know exactly what it means.

This is the life
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 1:35am

Why actually exchange ideas when you can just do this?

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

Much of Europe is colder than the continental United States. England is around the globe from Hudson Bay Canada. A couple hundred miles north of the U.P. of Michigan. Summer weather in Germany is similar to up state New York. Except rainy like Seattle.   

Do you know this from experience? While it is true that England, for example, is at about the same latitude as England (~51deg N) their climates are completely different from my understanding. Per Wikipedia the mean January temperature in England is ~45F while is is around 20F cooler in most of Newfoundland and Labrador. I say this having never been to either, but I do have a lot of experience in Iceland which is at the same latitude as Fairbanks, AK but winters are warmer than they are here in Wisconsin. The ocean (gulf stream) has a major moderating/warming effect on northern Europe.

I wish I knew why diesel was more expensive too. Never was curious enough to look into it...

Best
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Rev Bob Rev Bob wrote:

John B,

Read it this way: "You Dig?.....Boy!".

Thanks, I get it, finally.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 2:36am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Why actually exchange ideas when you can just do this?

Did I Micturate on your rug?

lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 2:41am
You guys should go spend some time waxing the bottom of your hulls.
No wonder my phone keeps blowing up.
Mike
Lakedog55
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 2:59am
Originally posted by lakedog55 lakedog55 wrote:

You guys should go spend some time waxing the bottom of your hulls.

Is that some kind of a euphemism?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 3:06am
Peter and Mike are rite... I jist unsubcsribed frum this hear thred.....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 5:17am

A south thing... i wont go into detail just take it as being serious..

So is a "Texas sized boot" coming my way? That is how you last ended an internet confrontation with me. Or are you just going to continue hurling the "gay card" because you deduced I am a progressive liberal? Like because I am supposed to respect the "serious" comment from you simply because YOU believe so strongly in your views, and for that reason alone.

Whatever you respond is alright by me. You know how I feel, like I know how you feel, but don't expect me to bow down to your views or threats, that will never happen. You bending to mine, will never happen, I am very clear on that too. The basis of your life, you tell me, is Christian Values. Mine come from a source just as important to me, and I defend them with "serious" comments too.
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 6:50am
You're just attacking the messenger, it's the bad spelling that makes them look stupid. I'm not trying to make anyone look stupid for their spelling but when they are telling me something and they misspell basic words in English well it's a little difficult to take them seriously about those ideas. I'm sorry if that makes them look stupid. Maybe they should learn to spell.

Seriously, this thread started with Ski/Lee is saying that the "Obama idiots" The Government charge a "huge export tax" thus forcing the oil companies into not sending our oil overseas because we have a shortage here and that's why prices are high.

SERIOUSLY? He claims to be interested in education but he sure does not want to learn anything.

And apparently this means your really really angry   
This is the life
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 9:53am
Andy & Seth, What kind of boats do you have?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

Per barrel more gas is made than diesel.
Diesel comes off the refining process early = costs less to make..

But it costs $.50 - $.75 more per gallon. ???????????????????????????????????????
must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 11:40am
Gas/petrol just hit 1.90 a liter in northern Italy, That about $9.50 a gallon.
1986 Martinique - sold

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:03pm
It's the last day of winter here in Cincinnati, the high today is going to be 81, come on summer! Let's get back to boats!
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 1:36pm
We have been running the air-conditioner for the past week here in the Chicago area.....and its still technically winter

This global warming thing is just awful
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 5:17pm

I have always thought the gun thing is it who has the handle. The responsible gun owners are hunters and very gun saftey and use guns as the constittuioon is said to use them. Criminals are crimnals and most time they get there guns illegally.

Skicat, I agree with you about responsible gun ownership. I believe you can also understand why some people are frustrated with the prevalence of guns due to the number of deaths and injuries criminals cause with them. Chicago has always had a debate about gun ownership and outlawed handguns years ago. I don't see that it has helped any. It looks like their law is unconstitutional due to the recent Supreme Court decisions. They have yet to have any cases decided in court on the law to the best of my knowledge, but I could be wrong.
This is why people are frustrated, this is one weekend.
Ten killed at least 39 wounded in weekend shootings

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 6:27pm
Riley,
I'm waiting for my diary to be approved

Had this 85 BFN 454 from Siepels CA school, it had over 4000 hours.

Have this 90 Sanger DX customized with a 2011 383 Merc stroker and a few other non-original upgrades but it still is mostly original in appearance.

This is the life
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 6:49pm
Andy, that Barefoot Nautique sure is purtee! Did you trade it for the Sanger?
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Andy, that Barefoot Nautique sure is purtee! Did you trade it for the Sanger?

I agree, a really good lookin ride. I've never been in a BBC powered ski boat. I can only imagine!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 9:34pm
Steve, there has been a few other boats before and in between the BFN and the current Sanger.

John, most of the BFN's had pcm bigblock chevy 454's. It was not a ski boat, the wake was sharp and high but flat across the middle, it would launch a skier on a ski or a kneeboarder straight up in the air. I am surprised that it is not more coveted by the wakeboarders.

All of my boats have loved gas. Just out of view in the BFN are 3 extra 5 gallon gas cans.
This is the life
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 9:59pm
I don't know what a Sanger is, but it's purdee too.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 11:50pm
Both are really nice looking boats. Do you find the 383 has a lot more power than the original engine in that Sanger, was it a 350 GM?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 3:43am
Actually for the rated 350 hp of the 383 it only adds a few MPH over the original 260hp 350. I thought it would do more and am still trying to get it to spin 5200rpms. I'm running 47 at 4800 on a 13x13. Claimed range is 4800-5200. I'm hitting a rev limiter. It's EFI so very easy to start, just hit the key. And it looks cool. I think I will rebuild the old motor to about 400hp at some point.

And the 383 is taller and I had to build up a base/wedge for the doghouse so the wood frame got carpeted.

This is the life
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 10:53am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

I'm running 47 at 4800 on a 13x13. Claimed range is 4800-5200. I'm hitting a rev limiter.

That performance sounds similar to a HO PCM 351w powered Ski Nautique (285-310hp). I would have expected quite a bit more out of a 383 stroker (350-400hp?) in a Sanger DX. More power and a faster hull... I would have guessed low to mid 50's easily. Id say something isnt quite right.
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 12:43pm
Glass, nice boats and 383.

Riley,
I have an Excel, there are pictures somewhere in the forum. Charcoal and white.   I didn't come to this forum to just talk politics.

If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2021222324 26>
  Share Topic