NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

93 Trailer Fit - Yes I searched

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 93 Trailer Fit - Yes I searched
    Posted: February-27-2012 at 1:59pm
Trying to figure out what year trailers will fit a 93SN. I did a ton of searches and read through the reference section and it appears 90-09 were all the same fit trailer (cosmetic and convenience were the only changes). I haven't had any luck finding one of those, but I have come across quite a few 2001 hull trailers and was curious if that would fit. From the searches I found a few posts by TRBen that said a 2001 hull would fit the 90-09 trailers, but I can't find any threads where someone had stuck a 93+ on an older 2001 trailer. The trailer in particular I'm supposed to go look at tomorrow is for a 1986 SN 2001. Hopefully I did enough leg work to merit some noob help, I do try to search before I beg for help    
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 2:11pm
Your search results provided good info- a 1990-2009 Ski Nautique/196 trailer (Correct Craft - Ramlin) would be ideal for your '93.

I have seen one newer Ski Nautique (~1997) on a 2001 trailer, so it will physically fit... but I bet it doesnt work all that well. The 2001 is significantly narrower and shorter than a 1990+ Ski Nautique. Unless you only planned to use the trailer for VERY short and VERY infrequent trips, then I would hold out for a more appropriate trailer.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 2:16pm
The 2001 hull was quite a bit narrower than the next-generation hulls, which includes your 1993 boat. So my concern would be the distance between the rub rails and wheel arches. You should measure your boat's width, or the width of another 1993 trailer, before you purchase the 1986 trailer. The older trailer might work with some mods which could be as simple as moving the rub rails out a bit, or as complex as widening the wheels...

I purchased a 2001 year trailer (not to be confused with a 2001 boat) for my 1993 hull. I was patient and found one for $400 that needed only a little work to become road-worthy again. I have not actually put my trailer under the boat yet, but the measurements I took seem to imply it will work. (Note: picture in my avitar is not the trailer I own. I purchased the boat only and that is the previous owner's trailer)

Welcome to CCF. Post up some pictures of your 1993!
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 2:32pm
Thanks guys, hopefully going to pick up my boat here in the next few weeks, same color as yours kroundy. I'll post up pics when i finally get it home. It needs some interior work, but is structurally and drivetrain sound. Well other than the "roller" boat trailer its on now.

On the trailer measurements any way you could measure the width of your bunks, length, and the distance between the wheels on that 2001 year trailer? ill grab the measurements off the 86 trailer and see how much i'd need to modify to fit it.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 2:40pm
I have trailered my 83 all over the country on a 93 trailer.. so that works out well enough (although a couple weeks ago I failed to pick up my pitot tubes and sheered one off.. that hurts a bit)

I drove my 95 back home on an 83 trailer.. it worked but it was overhung quite a bit and the axles on an 83 would be marginal at best. I have an 86 trailer that has axles that I would trust and I hope in the next couple weeks to have my 95 off blocks and onto that trailer so I could let you know then how it fits.. my guess is it would be usuable but not ideal.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 2:48pm
I think it was mid '83 when CC went to the larger size axle/hubs/wheels on the 2001 trailer (5 lug --> 6 lug). I dont doubt the weight capacity on a 6-lug trailer.

My biggest concern would be the width of the boat vs. the inside width of the fenders. Most 2001's seem to sit between the fenders, rather than over them- and the extra width of the 90+ hull may be an issue. If not at all times, then at least when loading. The guides shouldnt bother anything. The bowstop should be adjustable enough to get close on the tongue weight.

If you can grab that '86 trailer for a reasonable price (~$500) then I would say its probably a step in the right direction. Id ditch the roller trailer immediately! There is always a market for decent 2001 trailers, so reselling shouldnt be an issue if you find a proper 90+ version.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 3:56pm
An 86 would be a "low boy" (83 option - 89) and therefore have taller wheel wells than a regular #3 (82-83) which was springs on top of axle. The 2000/2001 Ski Nautique I saw was on an early 2001 #3 trailer so it was able to over hang on top of the fenders (like Joe was talking about).

I think your 93 will land on the fenders...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 4:10pm
^^^Great point, Im sure it was the same picture that I saw (earlier trailer)^^^

Measure the boat in that area, and bring a tape measure when you look at the trailer. It might be tight, but its not out of the question that it will fit. Then again, it may not!

If you can squeeze the boat on there, I still think a 2001 trailer would be better than an aftermarket roller trailer. Still a short term solution, though.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 11:51pm
I could measure my trailer. Might be a couple of days as I won't be home during daylight until later this week. Are you in a rush?
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 12:46am
well turns out that boat had more wrong with it then I was told, so deal went south. Good news is I am the proud owner of a 94, provided the sea trial doesn't have any suprises lol. Guess 3rd time is a charm???
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 4:37pm
Whats the story on that '93?

A little late, but I found the pic of the TSC on the 2001 trailer. We were wrong- it was a mid-late 80's "delux" #3, and the boat appears to have fit between the fenders.

Matt R. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 12:10am
You are finding some of these trailers, do you have info on any of them? I am looking for a trailer for an 80 SN.
Matt R.
Hugo Dix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Dix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2012 at 5:46am
Hi I am down in South Africa, and need manufacturing drawings for a trailer for '83 Nautique. tx
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2012 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Hugo Dix Hugo Dix wrote:

Hi I am down in South Africa, and need manufacturing drawings for a trailer for '83 Nautique. tx

I'm sorry to say that I do not feel you will find any. Show your trailer guy some pictures and it should be no problem for him to fabricate. If it is, find another fabricator to make it. Check the reference section for the picture.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2012 at 2:31pm

Shouldn't be too hard. I'm sure someone could give you the widths of the wishbone at various spots. But like Pete said, it's not critical.
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2012 at 3:29pm
I know for a fact that an 01' and '90 trailer is not the same, FYI.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2012 at 3:45pm
There was a slight change in 1993, which allowed the boat to sit slightly lower and between the fenders, rather than over them. Besides that and a few other than a few other minor tweaks (bow stops, raise/swing tongues, additional bunks down low, etc) the CC/Ramlin trailer design was essentially unchanged from 1990-2009.

Irregardlessly, they are completely interchangeable. My '90 on a '03 Ram-line:

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2012 at 11:34pm

Hugo I replaced the frame totally on my 89 SN2001 trailer. The only parts I reused were the two cross members axle and the prop guard. I did take some dimensions of old frame before taking to it with angle grinder. Not engineering diagrams more like a plan view of frame. PM or email and I will send what I have.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic