NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DUAL BATTERIES 4 MY 86 BFN!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 11:39pm
I hope the owner of that MC likes the sun. Looks like they missed the mark by a few feet with the bimini.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 11:56pm
b, they might be wakeboards
"the things you own will start to own you"
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 3:44am
A bit ghetto, but I like the hidden part.   

The VSR and the switch work a bit differently though.   The switch has 2 sides unlike a standard Perko switch so when on the batteries are not combined. The relay senses the voltage between the banks and opens if it is high enough on the starting bank. When that voltage drops it disconnects that battery so you can start later.   The result is that you have some extra for the stereo with the batteries paralleled until the relay opens and you don't have to constantly mess with a battery switch. I had a very hard time with how this all worked until I figured out that the switch is different and not just a standard Perko. I've had mine for about a year now and it's so nice to not worry about things when we stop.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 9:19am
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

I hope the owner of that MC likes the sun. Looks like they missed the mark by a few feet with the bimini.

Looks like a board on the rack not a bimini
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 9:43am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Looks like a board on the rack not a bimini

Chris,
You need to go farther back in the thread.

Originally posted by briguy86BFN briguy86BFN wrote:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:29am
Pete, the MC, its not a bimini, they are wakeboards,,,,,skimming posts....
"the things you own will start to own you"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 11:20am
Pete, come on- hopefully you recognize that the Barefoot Nautique pictured isnt a Mastercraft!

Brian, I never heard back from you regarding your Pertronix question.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 11:35am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Pete, come on- hopefully you recognize that the Barefoot Nautique pictured isnt a Mastercraft!

Yup, I missed it! Now besides getting drugs for my ADD, I'll need to make a trip to the eye doctor! I was focusing on the tower and not the boat!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 12:11pm
See Pete, sniffing all that Glue does have it's benefits!!

Either that or maybe looking at that tower made you a bit lightheaded, or just nauseous, ROFLMAO
briguy86BFN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briguy86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Brian, I never heard back from you regarding your Pertronix question.

I decided to order the IGNITOR 8 CYL PRESTOLITE from
http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/IGNITOR+8+CYL+PRESTOLITE/part_number=1582/591.0.1.1.0.0.0.0.0?

and the 40,000 VOLT FLAME-THROWER (1.5 OHM) BLACK EPOXY
http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/40%2C000+VOLT+FLAME-THROWER+%281.5+OHM%29+BLACK+EPOXY/part_number=40111/591.0.1.1.0.0.0.0.0?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 1:15pm
Ahh, gotcha. I could have shipped you the Pertronix module I have in my basement- it doesnt run right, but it could have saved you $100!

Like I said in my email, I wouldnt put a Pertronix kit in my lawnmower.

Maybe you'll have better luck than most here! The few people I know who have tried one have gone back to points and been much happier.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

b, they might be wakeboards

Thanks for the correction Eric & Quinner. Looks like my eyes are going faster than I thought. Or I need to take my glasses off and put my contacts back in!
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic