NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ramlin Trailer Wheel Snap on Trim Ring

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rcthorpe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcthorpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ramlin Trailer Wheel Snap on Trim Ring
    Posted: March-01-2012 at 2:18pm
Looking for a single wheel trim ring for my Ramlin trailer (used is perfectly fine). Similar to the one in the picture below.

Ramlin Trailer

Shoot me a price including shipping. Thanks!

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 3:52pm
Trim Ring

Or Craigslist
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
rcthorpe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcthorpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 4:08pm
Any way of knowing if this is the right one/correct size? Worried a little about the depth of a Ramlin trailer rim vs. GM.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 4:35pm
Ha, the "Ramlin" wheels arent anything special- theyre just regular 15 inch "mod" trailer wheels, painted black. You can bet they werent putting any sort of custom chrome ring on there! So long as you get the diameter right, you should be fine.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 4:51pm
Marty, thanks for the link! I just snatched up 2 of them. Those are the cheapest I've seen so far.

Not Given, if you can wait a week or so I'll let you know how they fit.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
rcthorpe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcthorpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 5:15pm
I agree, nothing special about the mod wheels (only that someone got fancy in making them black), but I was more concerned because I know that GM has made different trim rings over the years. I wasn't sure if there was going to be a depth issue in seating the rings or if Ramlin was in fact the same exact ring.
rcthorpe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcthorpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 12:03pm
Just an FYI, I posted the following question to the seller on ebay:

"I am looking at buying one of these rings for my Ski Nautique boat trailer. A friend has told me that the boat trailer has standard 15" mod rims (see link to boat with same wheel below). My concern is that the depth in which the ring seats is different. What is the depth/height of this ring? Do you know if it would fit my needs? Don't expect you to know, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks"

And his response:

"The only things that these will fit on is the GM 1/2 ton trucks. They will not even fit the 15 inch astrovans. The clasps on the back that hold them to the wheels are very specific for the steel, 15 x 7 88-95 Chevy truck only that had 4 rectangle slots around the edge for these clasps to hook into."

Let me know if anyone tries to buy these/if they work. Otherwise I am still in the market for one!

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 12:48pm
OK-- The actual depth for a trim ring is 1 3/4 " .

Hubcap Mike

Any 15" trim ring with this depth will work. Doesn't matter how many or what shape of the 'teeth' on them.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 2:05pm
That is rather bizarre, as I have a set of GM 1/2 ton wheels that have trim rings and they just grab on wherever. I have no idea what 4 slots he is talking about. There is a notch for the valve stem so there really is only 1 way to put them on.

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 5:26pm
NG, like I said, I'll let you know in a few days.

HW - I'm diggin' the caddy.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 10:19pm
You could put a "Nautique" wrap on that Cadillac...and really be stylin'
rcthorpe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcthorpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 11:16am
Looks like a car ready to make a drop off of something in the trunk at the boat landing...

Dropped into the new O'Really parts store over the weekend and almost walked right past a 15" trim ring. Brought it home/fits like a glove. 12.49 + tax.

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2012 at 10:43pm
Got the trim rings on tonight before it got dark. They look great! The best part about these is they are all metal!

'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic