Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

whats the value of a pcm 351w

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats the value of a pcm 351w
    Posted: March-04-2012 at 12:30pm
hi guys i have a pcm 351w complete including manifolds and carb that i pulled from a supra ts6m with 880 hours i purchased only for the trailer.my question is what is this motor worth? i have no need for the motor because it is a standard rotation and my project sn has a reverse rotation motor.i also have the borg warner transmission with the motor.any input will be appreciated!
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2012 at 1:36pm
reftech, what year is the engine? If you want to sell and are willing to ship the motor and trans, email me at: kevin dot roundhill at gmail dot com.

Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2012 at 5:22pm
Roundy the motor and trans are out of an 89 supra ts6m..feel free to text or call me at 8643862623 and I will give u all the details.shipping is not a problem but I will need to get a quote
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 12:58am
OK. I will contact you tomorrow. -Kevin
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 1:13am
i just sent u an email kevin..thanks man
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2012 at 9:05pm
if you were looking for one, how much would you want to pay?
"the things you own will start to own you"
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 2:29am
Eric - would depend upon condition.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 2:56am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

if you were looking for one, how much would you want to pay?

1000? 500? 250?? if you call now we'll double your order for a small handling and shipping fee. Express processing $5 - move to the front of the order processing line!

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 8:38am
hah, it seems when i pay a hundy for an engine, there ready to go, when i pay 15 hundies, you gotta tear em down, cause they are a knockin...just trying to establish a price
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 7:23pm
Eric - have you seen the pictures?

Jason took a picture of the transmission tag and it shows it is a PCM 40A. I was a little shocked since it came out of a Supra. Do Supra boats also turn the propeller the right way?

And - just out of curiosity - why wouldn't this engine work for this guy if he can get it working? Shouldn't a normal-rotation engine with a CC rotation transmission work in a 2001 model Nautique? I can't imagine that engine torque matters any where near as much as prop rotation. Just thinking out loud (I know - dangerous).
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

Eric - have you seen the pictures?

Jason took a picture of the transmission tag and it shows it is a PCM 40A. I was a little shocked since it came out of a Supra. Do Supra boats also turn the propeller the right way?

And - just out of curiosity - why wouldn't this engine work for this guy if he can get it working? Shouldn't a normal-rotation engine with a CC rotation transmission work in a 2001 model Nautique? I can't imagine that engine torque matters any where near as much as prop rotation. Just thinking out loud (I know - dangerous).

Starting in 1989, PCM powered Supras got the 1.23 trans. At some point, Skiers Choice switched over to Indmar. Mid-late 90's maybe?

The 1.23 powered Supras obviously used LH engines and RH props, same as CC. To my knowledge, earlier Supras used PCM engines as well, but used LH engines paired to 1:1 Borg Warners (and LH props).

PCM made 2 versions of the 40A, one being the 1.23 that reversed the direction of rotation (LH engine/RH prop), and a 1:1 that did not. The latter was essentially a lighter weight version of a Velvet Drive. Im not sure if Supra used these or not (early 90's or otherwise). When CC used them on the base models, they paired them with RH engines and spun RH props. Supras may have kept it simple and used LH, if they utilized that tranny. I dont know of any Supras with RH engines, after all.

Long story short, find out what tranny he has. Also get the ID number of the engine- it could be a LH or RH. Lots of possible scenarios without knowing the details. A LH 351w with the 1.23 could certainly be used in a 2001 (Joe has this combo in his '83) and youre right that only the prop rotation matters. The previous owner may or may not be aware of this and may have decided to pass the engine along as soon as he saw it was a LH, not realizing the tranny would make it work for his boat... given a driveshaft and prop change, of course.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 8:53pm
to my knowledge, ive seen many pcm power in other boats and have yet to see a righty in them, unless of course if it was a CC, but again...
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 9:45pm
Transmission tag:

Jason - let me know if you don't want me posting images! Don't want to offend. I'm just seeing if this engine/transmission will work in my 1993.

Kevin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 10:39pm
yes it will work, especially if the price is right
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 10:41pm
check the sides of the heads for slash marks, 3 or 4 slashes will tell you if they are gt heads
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 11:36pm
thanks for all the insight guys.i bought the supra boat for the trailer because i bought an 82 ski nautique project without a trailer.the supra boat was in a storage building fire and i was sure the boat was traashed and nothing on it was useable.that was not the case once i got it home.i got it home saturday and started to remove alot of parts so i can take the hull to the landfill.to my surprise the motor and transmission seem to be completely salvageable.the wiring harness and plug wires are not burnt.the hoses have burn holes on top from the motor shroud dripping on them.i have started tearing it down and have turned the motor over and it turns freely.i plan to check compression as soon as i actually find my gauge (or buy a new one).the motor is ready to pull out now and i have ordered all new hoses and tune up kit.the alternator needs to be replaced so i will have to locate one.i will get the motor pulled out of the boat this weekend and get it cleaned and freshened up.im torn on what to do now because im not sure if the motor in the correct craft is good and this post has shed new light that i may be able to use the supras setup in the cc.it does not have gt40 heads.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 8:23am
so its not for sale?
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 9:47am
Eric at this point I'm not sure because I don't want to sell anybody a bad motor.I am working on getting the motor out of the boat so I can look at it more and get it cleaned up so I can visually inspect it better as well as replace the parts it needs.I will have more info after the weekend if all goes as planned
corfanse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corfanse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 12:14am
Caster end of the fragments will attack the player can not TANK, to quickly A out, because their blood not much but the damage is very high, may result in the eradication group.
This wow gold course made an expert wow po player.www.mawow.fr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic