NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fly High Pole Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 3:03pm
Gimmick
...those who have fallen and those who will.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 4:49pm
Saves gas
This is the life
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 5:05pm
Another new "green" Obama executive order. All ski boats will now be sail powered only.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 6:27pm
I know you're just joking but if any GOPers read this they will think it's true.
This is the life
River Monsters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Monsters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 9:32pm
Skylon

Are the I/O extended pylons the same just with added supports? I wonder if they are missing the sleeve inside?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 10:53am
We had bought a 'Big Air' pylon for our outboard runabout. It had a notched plate, that is screwed to the floor, to capture the bottom of the pylon.

It worked well, but needed a cable to each corner of the boat (4).

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 1:38am
I really like my flite pipe. Maybe check around to see if you can find one.
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 2:17am
Originally posted by River Monsters River Monsters wrote:

Any difference in the fly high pylon extension poles? They all look the same to me. I decided against a tower for various reasons. This 2 piece is available locally:

Fly High Pole 2 Piece

Not sure why 2 piece would be an advantage. Maybe leave in place and still get under the boat lift canopy with only the top section off.

Thanks.

Dave

Your choice $40 or $125

With board rack

Fly High $150
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 4:03am
get the guy in roseville to send you a picture, it sounds like that is a barefoot international stainless steel 2 pc with stainless buckle and two cables and bow strap for 150...thats the best one IMO.
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 4:04am
two pc is just for ease of handling/storage
This is the life
pdhowell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdhowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 11:14pm
For what it is worth, I went looking for an extension pole, but decided on the Fly High Monkey Bar. It opened up the area behind the seats, is very solid, and comes off and mounts easily. It took about an hour to drill four bolts for the mounting plates. It uses a cable to the front of the boat, either a strap around the front of the hull, or attaches to the lifting ring on the front deck.

It is not as high as a regular pole, but seems to b a good compromise between a tower and a pole. You can also mount the Fly High tower boom on the Monkey Bar if you are doing much instructing. This was a factor in my choice.

Maybe useful
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by pdhowell pdhowell wrote:

It uses a cable to the front of the boat, either a strap around the front of the hull, or attaches to the lifting ring on the front deck.

Dave,
Please do not attach it to the lifting ring.It's been mentioned so many times that I lost count!    But, hopefully you will get more time to explore CCfan. There are tons of older threads that are very useful and full of info. Do spend more time with us!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic