NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does anyone know this boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 2:35am
just saw this the other day...looks like you might need it

wing window
This is the life
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Congrats reftech!    I see nothing but "positive" all over that boat. Looks un-molested.    Looks like it's all there. Original graphics, original interior.   I'd much rather start a resto with a boat like that than with someones molested custom job with half the parts missing.

Enjoy

Other than the missing CC trailer, I agree! Hope you got it for cheap, but it looks like a great starting point for a project.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

just saw this the other day...looks like you might need it

wing window

You will need the metal hinge to make that window work. It is a channel that slides on the glass and glues in place.

There also seems to be a difference in the 80 / 81 and the 82+ hinge. I know from experience.

FYI,

Donald
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 3:48pm
No actually the boat didn't come with a trailer so I bought a supra boat that was in a warehouse fire and had a trailer on eBay for 255.00.after paint and all I have 450.00 in the trailer.
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 3:52pm
Thanks for noticing Donald actually the hardware is all therebut the glass is busted so I'm just gonna have some cut locally
TimSpangler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 3:55pm
(1) piece and he wants $100, He may have it for a while.
TimSpangler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimSpangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 3:58pm
@Jason,

Great project! I looked at that boat about 1-1/2 year ago but I couldn't justify the $ for what was offered (maybe with a trailer, maybe). What did you end up giving for it?

TIM
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 4:28pm
Tim I gave 1600.00 for the boat and I have 450.00 in a trailer that is now totally new with lights new bunks winch jack and paint so I don't think I'm hurting at this point.I took the starter today for a rebuild as it was dead shorted.the motor turns freely by hand and everything looks good visually except they had the plug wires landed wrong and the firing order screwed up.so when I get the starter back this week I will prime the oil pump and attempt to start the motor.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 4:43pm
what firing order did it had RH or LH ?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 4:49pm
Check it for water in the gas tank and siphon out any old fuel.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 5:18pm
Actually, I would probably drain the Holley bowls, blow out all the fuel lines, change the filter, siphon off the fuel tank and then start with fresh 93 octane.

reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 8:24pm
kapla the firing order it was set up for made no sense...it was 1-5-6-4-8-2-3-7.the motor is a reverse rot motor and should be 1-8-4-5-6-2-7-3. drcc that my plan i have already pulled the carb and it is soaking in cleaner i am going to rebuild it.i bought the filter today and will be draining the tank and refilling thursday or so.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 8:51pm
Gotta love starting a new project for the first time! Good luck, be sure to take some pics/video!

This was my weekend adventure. Been sitting for 2 years or more. Fuel out of a gas can, swapped carbs, plugs/wires, some fresh oil and it ran like a top. Should be able to go for a ride with a new set of trans hoses then the rebuild begins. Got a long ways to go with this one, but it's all original and runs like a top.

EDIT- sorry for the funky video format.

reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 11:32pm
storm thats awesome! this boat has been sitting since 2009 and i hope it goes as smoothly as yours did when i try to start it.im waiting to get the starter back from being rebuilt by wednesday and im getting all the other stuff ready in the meantime. i hope to turn the key friday.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 3:18am
Please post some photos when you get a chance. The fixed link doesn't work.
i feel that boats are for enjoyment. If you enjoy this one then it is well bought. Good luck with the project. i know you will receive helpful guidance from site members. They may be rough at times, but they grow on you like a pilonidal cyst.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 9:38am
Jason,
Excuse my high jack here but I see you a a refrigeration tech. I have a issue wih a compressed air drier at the plant. I'm trying to figure the Total Heat of Rejection from a Tecumseh condensing unit model AWG4516EXTXC at 20 degrees suction. Can you come up with an answer and the formula?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 10:43am
Pete - You need to call Joe in NY!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 10:55am
What refrigerant? BTU absorption of evaporator? Type metering device?
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 10:59am
Pete just curious as to what type of a.pplication this is that you're controlling rh..is this a wood or paper plant
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 11:16am
Johnb I have been taking pics along the way and will post them soon.by the looks of things I'm sure I will get plenty of insight from folks here many have already been helpful and I appreciate it.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 11:32am
Chris, that sounds great! I hope our Skier sounds that good if we are ever able to get it to turn over.

Reftech, post some pics!
vixen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 11:41am
reftech,seeing that it was wired for left rotation,check your prop an if its left also someones changed engine at some time.Used to see it done a lot down here.   Mel
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 12:07pm
Mel I will check the prop again but the way they had it wired isn't even right for lh rotation right?
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by reftech reftech wrote:

Mel I will check the prop again but the way they had it wired isn't even right for lh rotation right?

Page 21 of this manual from the reference section has a good firing order diagram. This is the 93 manual but the Ford 351 stuff is the same basically:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/Downloads/1993_PCM_Engine_Manual.pdf
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 2:05pm

What refrigerant? BTU absorption of evaporator? Type metering device?

Justin,
I found the charts that tell all about the AWG4516EXTXC.

The plant is a metal stamping and fabrication facility.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 2:34pm
pete my name is jason.i have a friend whos name is justin and that actually happens all the time lol. anyways im glad you found what u were looking for i have heard of thr but we really dont use it in the field.i was digging to get an answer for u as i had assumed it was the total heat removed in the condenser.
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 2:38pm
bri892001 thanks for the heads up but the link wouldnt work. i had looked at several websites and found that the firing order for which the motor was wired (1-5-6-4-8-2-3-7) wasnt good for anything whether it was standard or reverse 302 or 351 so that made no sense to me,anyways its right now.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 2:41pm

pete my name is jason.i have a friend whos name is justin and that actually happens all the time lol.

Well, I got you name correct before and just slipped up this time!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 2:43pm

bri892001 thanks for the heads up but the link wouldnt work...

I think the link works ok, but it's a really huge PDF so it can be tough to download.

Skidim has some of these engine manuals pre-printed. I have the Ford one on top, and it's nice to have; comes in a 3 ring binder.
http://www.skidim.com/searchprods.asp?searchstring=manual&pagenumber=1&val=0

Sounds like you're on the right track though.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 10:47pm
the only firing order to follow is 18436572 if it isnt that its not a chevy motor so it doesnt matter
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic