Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does anyone know this boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 11:46pm
pete im just giving ya crap man .bri thanks for the info man i need all the help i can get,especially wiring diagrams.peter1234 i hear ya man lol! got the starter back today and hooked it up only to find after bumping the motor twice that the solenoid took a dump.i have coil voltage to the solenoid but no juice to the starter.all of this after i had removed the distributor and primed the oil pump due to the motor sitting for so long.bummer! so i got the sandpaper and buffer out and started working on the bow and dash.its great that the woodgrain on the dash is gelcoated it turned out beautifully..i promise pics later i took a few tonight but night had already fallen and they are kinda dark.
vixen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 11:23am
reftech,its been at least 25 years since i had anything to do with fords, so am kinda rusty,Seen the 1 5 an rememberd that the old 302 was 15426378 before the 351 came out.    Mel
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 12:53pm
You can get a replacement solenoid here:
Solenoid

Although, make sure you have a good starting battery, or you're likely to fry another one. A lot of times people will have deep cycle batteries in there and that is no good for the starting system. Plus, clean up your wiring as much as possible.
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2012 at 11:24pm
after draining the fuel and changing the fuel filter,getting the firing order straightened out,cleaning the points and carburetor,getting the starter rebuilt and replacing the solenoid after it took a dump the motor fired up nicely and ran smooth after warming up with no knocks or pings.that was a huge relief! so now i can get the motor pulled out of this thing and start on the stringer replacement.i also cut and buffed the bow,dash,and port side top rail and it turned out better than i had anticipated thanks to all the tips i read on this site on bringing the gel coat back.thanks to all!!!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 12:01am
Glad to hear it runs well. Good luck on the stringers. Please post some pictures, we love em.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 12:08am
i have actually been taking pics with my smartphone but i cant get them posted.when i click on image upload with my phone nothing happens..any ideas?
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 12:32am
I email them to myself and then re-size and post them on the home computer.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 1:02am
i will try that bro thanks!
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:27pm
i put the sn in the water today on a small local lake about 5 minutes from my house.the boat ran great and i had no issues! this was such a relief as i can turn my attention to other ares of the boat now!gotta keep on plugging along with ski season right around the corner!
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:53pm
That's so awesome that you got it in the water and running man. Major props to you!!! I think you should ski it this season and start the stringers after the season. Get out and enjoy it.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:02am
im thinking the same thing man im gonna patch the soft spot at the spotters seat and do the stringers in the off season.only drawback is i will be ripping carpet up that i just put down a few months earlier but its all good.all the buffing turned out good on the top surfaces and dash but i think im definitely gonna re paint the stripes in the next weekend or so.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:09am
Post up some pics man! We all love pics....
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:25am
man ive been trying..im doing the photobucket thing now because it said my file size was too large..
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:17pm
I would NOT attempt to patch that soft spot for this year if you dont want to do the entire structure yet. Once you open it up, you will be amazed at the mess underneath!

Just run it like it is until you have the time to dedicate to it!
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 8:21pm
yea u are absolutely right benj but ive already cut a 15"x36" square out the weekend that i brought it home so ive got to do something.and yes u are right its shocking whats underneath.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 8:24pm
In that case, screw down a piece of ply to cover the hole and try to forget about it for a few months!
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 9:54am
hahaha i know but thats hard for me to do because i know its under there!what will happen is i will be sitting at home bored one evening and i will tear in to it and there wont be any turning back
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic