Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does anyone know this boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: does anyone know this boat
    Posted: March-09-2012 at 10:52pm
hi guys looking to buy this boat and curious if any members here knows anything about it.
http://www.laniermarine.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=04951746X3K9K2012J6I42I07JPMQ3441R0&veh=1662786
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 11:25pm
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 11:27pm
That boat has been for sale for at least two years. Not joking.

Waldo
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 11:30pm
Man, that boat brings back some good memories of my first Nautique. My '83 was the same color scheme and interior. Too bad that one looks like it has been sitting out uncovered for a while. Make sure you check the stringers out real well. Interior looks really dried up and most likely will start cracking as soon as any weight is put on it.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 11:48pm
I wouldnt touch that one with a 10 ft pole. That one being sitting out for a long long time. Project boat if that what you want but I would guess she is in dire needs of a overhaul..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 11:54pm
I live 15miles from this place and everything they have is junk - very bad reputation for mis-representation to get you on their 15ac boat junkyard and then scam you. I have never heard anyone have anything positive about this outfit. Caveat Emptor (sp?) is all I can say
rtsuggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtsuggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 12:50am
I saw that one for sale over 2 years ago when I was looking for a project boat. Must be pretty bad.
78 nautique
78 ski nautique SOLD
85 ski nautique
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 7:04am
thanks for the input guys i figured u guys would know something on this boat.i am new to the correct crafts and have been looking at this boat.the price is advertised at 3950 but he said he would take 1800..i have driven there and looked at it twice and yes everything needs to be done to the boat.the floor has a soft spot under the observers seat and the entire interior needs to be upholstered.i have no clue if the motor is good or not.
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 11:19am
Offer $1000, and start restoration
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 10:00pm
i pulled the boat home today and plan on getting started on it tomorrow morning..i will say that the shane guy at lanier marine is a real prick...let the fun begin!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by reftech reftech wrote:

i will say that the shane guy at lanier marine is a real prick...let the fun begin!

Well, that's been confirmed from previous statements!!

BTW, "i's" get a capitalization in the normal English language. are you from a different country? Or, is SC just not tuned into proper English and spelling????

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 10:28pm
Go easy on him Pete, he may have not used proper writing skills but he least filled out his profile.    Welcome to CC ownership Jason and to CCFan. Good luck with the restore, post pictures as you go and we're here to help you along if you need it.   
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 10:34pm
You must have really wanted a boat badly to take that thing home...
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 10:46pm
At least it went to a good home.

Congratulations. I hope you can get it running without a major overhaul.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Go easy on him Pete, he may have not used proper writing skills but he least filled out his profile.    Welcome to CC ownership Jason and to CCFan. Good luck with the restore, post pictures as you go and we're here to help you along if you need it.   

Tim,
Yes. what you stated is very true. But, you know me well enough that I do need to be "up front and blunt"!!! Man, as stated in a previous post, I sure miss Chris!! Anyone heard from him lately? The last I heard he was off in the I/O direction!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 11:05pm
come on guys still talk to me, give him a break! look at the crap i drug home, and you
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Waldo Waldo wrote:

That boat has been for sale for at least two years. Not joking.

Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

I wouldnt touch that one with a 10 ft pole...

Originally posted by MAN - GA MAN - GA wrote:

... I have never heard anyone have anything positive about this outfit. Caveat Emptor (sp?) is all I can say

Originally posted by rtsuggs rtsuggs wrote:

I saw that one for sale over 2 years ago when I was looking for a project boat. Must be pretty bad.

Originally posted by reftech reftech wrote:

i pulled the boat home today...

Oh man, I laughed out loud at this. Well, this is the type of thing that keeps us fired up and interested. We'll offer whatever help we can
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 11:40pm
i dont really understand the insults as i have seen some projects on here that are the same as this one but whatever.thanks to those who actually helped i appreciate it...and pete i i i i i i love u man u need a hug
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 11:52pm
ohhhh pete check out your post on rtsuggs thread about and alternator rebuild where u said "I have NEVER had to needed to change out an alternator or generator on any of my boats." now seriously man is that proper english?? hahahaha!!!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 12:01am
Congrats reftech!    I see nothing but "positive" all over that boat. Looks un-molested.    Looks like it's all there. Original graphics, original interior.   I'd much rather start a resto with a boat like that than with someones molested custom job with half the parts missing.

Enjoy
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 12:26am
thanks dr
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 12:57am
Congrats, nice to see another older CC avoid the parts pile.
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 1:02am
thank u drstevens i thought about the project thing for a long time but im excited to get started.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 1:20am
At least no trees fell on it
This is the life
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 1:28am
thats true glassseeker! did that happen to u?
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 1:30am
Abused children need more love than the ones well cared for. You are a good man.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 1:31am
No, it's in another rebuild thread, boat was smashed good...we predicted a possible divorce if he bought it.
This is the life
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 1:42am
oh i see.ouch!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2012 at 1:46am
Just as long as there is not many trees growing out of it.

I'm not seeing any abuse.
Use and neglect, yes.
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2012 at 1:52am
Yep, nice to see the boat complete, right down to the dash, gauges AND the Airguides. And you got a dual axel trailer! What did you give for it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic