NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

63 SN is back home

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 2:32am
Steve you are correct that windshield your Dad has is a replacement Taylor Made,looks like their "Holiday" model. You can also see the ends are the same as my last picture and are also the ones Marty has. Might be the way to go Phil and it would be nice if the holes in the chrome ends would match the brackets on the windshield so you could use the outside screw to bolt it all down. My boat originally used screws that went into the wood deck reinforcement.You could see several holes under my ends where the PO's tried to reattach when they pulled out. I used thru bolts and fender washers and now it seems more sturdy.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 4:14am
Hey Fill, gel looks great!!

Originally posted by 70CC 70CC wrote:

70's style mirror will need a new home.

Your mirror appears to be what we are looking for on our Martinique project, let me know if you are selling it. Thanks!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 11:35am
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

We will have to plan a seat building party, as I want to rebuild another set (one for the new upholstry and and keep the originals for use with the original seat cushions, also shown). I am sure Tim and Mike (nautique frk) would use them. I figure if we are building them it's just as easy to build four sets as it is to build 1.

Steve, thanks for the offer- but my '67 doesnt have the segregated front cockpit like the early SN's... its wide open and would have had the wood based buckets that were common in the late 60's, as seen in the '68 brochure.

Phil, the '61 and '64 brochures appear to show the SN having a front bench, so I would say that is certainly a viable option.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 11:36am
CQ, HW already has the brackets you guys need, and you can get the mirror on ebay for $20. Just FYI! It looks like Phil's boat had some "custom" brackets anyways.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 1:15pm

These are NOS

Make offer and donate to CCFan- then send a mailing address

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Your mirror appears to be what we are looking for on our Martinique project, let me know if you are selling it. Thanks!

Chris don't you and HW talk to each other? I already have you covered. Just have to get it to you.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 6:28pm
Phil,

Here is the Wheel style that was originally in Dad's CC

Here is a picture of Art Cozier's Ski Nautique (Compliments of BoatDr - you may also see some familiar people here too), I believe this is usually on display at CC headquarters. At any rate you can make out what I believe to be the original windshield attachment points. Notice it also has the bench seat option.

Lastly, I believe this would be a "period correct" mirror for a 64 Ski Nautique. I saw one of these recently, maybe on ebay. I will have to go looking...

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 6:32pm
Phil;

Yep, I did see it on ebay. Here it is:

Vintage Ski Mirror- EBAY

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 6:39pm
Steve those look just like the Waterbonet ones on Tim's boat. I'm going down to SJRR Phil,if you need any pictures of Art's boat let me know.That steering wheel you have now Phil is just like the one I had on my 63 American Skier and the same that Steve W has on his 64 AM. I would hold off on mounting your windshield yet.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 7:24pm
[QUOTE=skutsch] Phil,

Here is the Wheel style that was originally in Dad's CC

skutsch---Steve
Did ya'll re-use/ fix that steering wheel? That's waht the 66 Skylark has and I had it repaired.
If you didn't use it-- u wanna sell it?
66 Skylark
93 SN
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Did ya'll re-use/ fix that steering wheel? That's waht the 66 Skylark has and I had it repaired.
If you didn't use it-- u wanna sell it?

Marty, the original one is gone, this is one I bought on ebay with intentions of repairing. I have long ago learned that working with "stuff that has to set up" (drywall mud, bondo, jello, custard) is far from one of my strengths... So I am in search of someone to repair it.

Do you have someone you worked with or you would recommend?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 7:36pm
There's a guy that lives in Archdale,NC about 15 miles from me that repaired mine. He works on woodies!
66 Skylark
93 SN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 7:51pm
Marty!!!!
You could have repaired it yourself! Some prep, some epoxy and some good paint is all that's needed. I did mine on the Atom. That was in 85 and to this day still looks fantastic. The wheel restoration guys get BIG $$$$. They are more "tuned into" doing VERY rare wheels - typically pre war where certain very advanced skills/methods are needed.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 1:06am
Gary - absolutely, would be great to get some more pics of Art's boat, esp some detail on the seat.

Steve - I have a mount for a mirror similar to that on the windshield but the mirror is long gone.

-Phil
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2012 at 1:18am
Will do Phill,looks like it has a bench seat.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic