Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trailer wheels question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ajburnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajburnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trailer wheels question
    Posted: March-19-2012 at 4:03am
Hey guys! So I just sold my 88 2001' and bought a very nice 98 sport nautique. It includes a nice tandem axle trailer, with the factory wheels which are 14"x6" wide wheels, with 205-75-14 tires like most have stock. Oh, and 5 lug with a 4.5" pattern by the way.

Ok, soo my question is: I am wanting to upgrade the wheels to 17" or even 18" wheels with low profile tires, but wondered who else has done this (as I have seen many who have), and what size wheels and tires you actually ended up using. Also, I know several have used known trailer rated low profile tires baring the verified weight calculation, but just wanted some input from those who have the knowledge. I am worried about a wider rim rubbing the inner fender slightly.

Further info: The height of a 205/75/14 is 26.11" high, which is perfectly achievable in both a 17 and 18" tire as well at a lower profile. I am simply worried about width.

Any input??

Andrew
Andrew Burnett
98' Sport Nautique
88' Ski Nautique 2001' (fully restored)

A lousy day on the lake is better than a great day at work.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 5:00pm
You may want to start by contacting the trailer manufacturer or call Boatmate trailers as they offer Custom wheel/tire combinations and could have some great insight on what you are trying to do.
Adding width may require a different wheel offset to work correctly.
You may want to take measurements from the face of hub to the fender and from fender to frame.

Would imagine having more rubber on the ground will make maneuvering/turning by hand quite a bit tougher.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 5:18pm
WakeWorld article
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
john10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 6:34am
The brackets on the durotorques that attach to the trailer have slotted holes on the skin finish that permits for adjustment.
I realise toe out isn't desired however have heard that a bit little bit of toe is that the go.

So nice post !!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic