Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WI muffler laws?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2012 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

[QUOTE=skutsch] The wally's on all of them pretty much sucks now.

It's getting to the point most lakes are getting very similar to what you talk about here. My inlaws have a place in Minoqua on a lake that has been completely ruined in the last ten years due to the LOA setting ski times. I have had the DNR called on me several times because I was violating the LOA skiing rules. The DNR came out and checked me and the boat to make sure I wasn't violatoing the state law (skiing too close to a pier or another boat or doing fliers off the pier because that's illegal now too) but I didn't get a ticket because as far as they're concerned, skiing hours are sunrise to sunset. They still had to check out the complaints. The LOA now makes your life a living hell if the DNR doesn't. No thanks. I'm done with it. I'm completely rid of those problems now.

Yes Pete, skiing without an observer is totally different. Be advised you don't need one of those down here either so why in WI?????? If I still lived up there, no way would I consider removing the mufflers in my boat since the rebuild. No doubt in my mind I would end up with a ticket sooner or later. Down here, no problem. SS 4" straight pipes now that sound so sweet.

Don't even get me started into the f'ed up snowmobiling laws that are the reason I gave that up 20 years ago. Keep in mind that my father-in-law was a Polaris dealer so I had a couple of pretty bad ass sleds for the period.

Sorry for the rant guys, but I do feel better about it now. I think I'll take my very loud boat down to the lake and do some barefoot fliers without an observer on a mirrored lake without any other boat in sight and it's all completely legal. I do need a driver though. John are you around???? I am loving life!!!!!!!!

We have the same problem on the lake I live on in MI. 11am and every idiot wally is out there doing something stupid. It got to the point that me and my ski buddies just started ignoring the rule. The area where our course is is at the back of the lake and one of the skiers owns all of the land. We did get several tickets and constant harassment during the day from the water po-po after a while they stopped coming out to ticket us though.

It has always bothered me the way the DNR and police have acted on our lake. As a teen I could pretty much count on being pulled over for a "safety check" every weekend. While they would ignore the guy that has been anchored up drinking all day, or running around the lake the wrong way, which is particularly dangerous on our lake due to a bottle neck between a sandbar and an island.

The most laughable instance though was when my dad and grandfather were told they were on plane and going too fast...in a 14ft rowboat with an 8hp outboard!
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

1986 CC Ski Nautique 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic