NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Cover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Cover
    Posted: March-19-2012 at 8:27pm
Iam looking for a really nice fitting trailerable boat cover for my 83 SN. Where is the best place to buy one?

Thanks
1983 Ski Nautique
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 8:53pm
Have heard nothing but good things about Angola Canvas. Also, boatcoversdirect.com is a site sponsor and who I got my cover from for my old '96 Ski and it was a trailerable cover. I towed it from Orlando to Clearwater in the pouring rain, 2 hours and worked great.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 8:56pm
Great I will check them out.

Thanks
1983 Ski Nautique
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 9:56pm
Guys seem to like Rankin(sp) Covers. Use the search function, lots
of stuff to read.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 1:04am
Boat Covers direct is Carver Covers, right? They dont make what I would consider a "trailerable" cover. Neither does Angola. I own one of each. Great mooring covers for sure, but the fit just is not nearly precise enough to trailer with them... all the straps in the world will not keep a mooring cover tight enough at highway speeds, IMHO.

My Rankin, on the other hand is definitely a trailerable cover. Super precise pattern, and tight as a drum when fastened. Pretty sure they had to close their doors a few years ago though. Too bad, their covers were incredible. I think the only option you have now for a truly trailerable cover is Cover Sports. No idea if they have all the older CC patterns though.

The other choice would be to have something made custom locally... but they may want to use snaps.    A custom made cover can also be quite expensive.
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 1:28pm
I was thinking of a custom one but I thought I would see else is out there first. It was a little pricey.....
1983 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 1:37pm
Do you trailer a lot? If so, a trailerable cover is great.

If not, then a mooring cover is really the way to go. Its much easier to put on and take off, and not nearly as expensive. I love my Rankin and its very good at what it does... but I dont trailer often, so it doesnt get much use. All of my boats have mooring covers. For the rare occasion that I trailer, I take my chances with rain and road grime and do so with the cover off.

Something to think about- make sure you get whatever works best for your own personal situation.
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 2:49pm
We trailer all the places we go. All of the good water is a little drive for us!
1983 Ski Nautique
east tx skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 5:40pm
Definitely check out Coversports. I have had mine for several years and love it.

They are apparently having web site issues at the moment, but their website is www.theprocover.com

Brent, the owner, is not always super easy to communicate with (the website is a relatively new endeavor for him), but his work is fantastic.
1998 Ski Nautique (Red & Silver Cloud); GT-40; Perfect Pass Stargazer; Acme 422.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic