Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

She's back out in the open!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 9:15am
It's a small world! We booked a long weekend at Lake Como for the end of June yesterday, very much looking forward to it. Looking forward to doing the Canyoning out there

I guess Belgium is having almost as much rain as the UK at the moment, I have no idea how most of UK is officially in drought with all the rain though!
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/drought/31749.aspx

Here is pic from the weekend after giving the boat a run out after its service.

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 2:26pm
Kristoff,

Does the government require that trailer tail light extension item that goes around your ski platform? There are some poles with lights that come out the back of your trailer. I just have never seen one like that.

Looks like you are the first one on the lake.

Donald
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 2:51pm
Yes Donald, over here it is required that your trailer lights are the most aft items of whatever you tow behind the car or truck.

If a load is 50cm (1,5 foot) longer than your trailer lights you have to hang a special plaque on the load like this one:

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 5:06am
Matt,
We are only an hour or so from Como, if you have time give us a call.
Tom
1986 Martinique - sold

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 7:00am
The extension bar is quite a regular thing to see on trailers over this part of the world, I have a lighting bar that I cable tie to the swim platform when towing on the roads, saves the risk of forgetting to remove the lights and potentially damaging the prop!

Mainland Europe are far more strict about things than the UK is, for example its compulsory in France to carry a warning triangle and a reflective jacket, I don't think many people in the UK bother (I have 1 out of 2)

I found this link:
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/touring_tips/compulsory_equipment.pdf

Cheers Tom, I might hit you up nearer the time once plans are all confirmed
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 6:10pm
Mandatory car equipment in Belgium:
- Warning triangle
- Reflective jacket
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Tow line
And you have to pass yearly technical control where they even check if you seat belts still work properly...

Mandatory skiboat equipment in Belgium:
- As many life jackets as there are people in the boat
- Flare
- Towing line at least 30 meter long
- Anchor with at least 30 meter of rope
- Fire extinguisher
- Padlle
- Yellow (skier fallen) and red (technical problem) warning flag
- Scoop bucket
- First aid kit

Trailers have to be equipped with a breaking system, side makers, white front lights.

- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2012 at 10:30am
After a lot of tidying up and tinkering over the winter we got the Martinique back in the water on Thursday evening. Most boats are kept in marinas and lifted in for the season. Always a bit nerve racking when they lift it off the trailer.

Not sure if you can read the price on the fuel pump, here for gas/petrol on the lake is between €2.05 and €2.35 a liter which is between $10.08 and $11.67 a US gallon.... That's why I run propane.

We then spent a few hours messing about and a few of the younger ones went in one of the tubes, we have them enjoying a pull......

The water was a bit cold for the older generations, we we'll wait a few weeks.
1986 Martinique - sold

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2012 at 11:28am
Now there is acceptable tube use!     Fido looks to be enjoying it.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2012 at 6:53am
Quote Not sure if you can read the price on the fuel pump, here for gas/petrol on the lake is between €2.05 and €2.35 a liter which is between $10.08 and $11.67 a US gallon.... That's why I run propane

OUCH!!! I am still running petrol at the moment but will be seriously considering a dual fuel conversion especially is the price keeps going up, I need a full season to enjoy the boat before having anything done though.

Its good to see that safety is top of the list in Italy and there are no problems lifting loads over somebody's head
must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2012 at 12:03pm
LPG is the way to go, especially if there is a refill station close to you. I have had several LPG V8 Discoverys looked after in Stoke on Trent, not too far from you and I can recommend them. Not sure if they will do a boat conversion. Call Neil 01782 847829 or 07711643763 or here and discuss with them. Mention me and hopefully he will be accommodating. I have a 200ltr main tank and a 20ltr reserve, usable is only 80% of capacity to allow for expansion. You will use approx 10% more LPG than petrol [due lower calorific value]but save on te cost of the product. The tanks have separate switches to control their flow to the engine so the reserve needs active switching to use (2 switches in series to avoid accidental use) and I also have a valve on the main tank fill line to ensure that the reserve is full when filling. Then I open the valve and the main tank fills.

For filling see if there is a non-forecourt supplier near by, they are more flexible about filling anything other than cars and generally cheaper.

Not only is the lift over peoples heads, but straight over the pumps as well....

Tom
1986 Martinique - sold

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2012 at 12:56pm
Just had new LPG kit installed in my straight 6cyl 4.0 litre Ford Territory (SUV). It is injected LP as a liquid. Has a extra set of injectors for LPG installed into inlet manifold. The best part is that it now makes 5-10% more power than it did on petrol and most of the gains are in the low rpm range. Much more economical than the old mixer style systems but still uses 5% more LPG than petrol. But when petrol is $1.50 a litre and LPG is $0.79 litre the running cost savings are significant.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2012 at 1:05pm
A lot of the boats at our club are LPG and we have a tank on site for refills that has a designated jetty so supply is not a problem.
Cost of the conversion is my main problem at the moment especially when I've not had the boat for a full season yet and I need to make sure I have a few quid held back incase of any issues.

It will happen though as the savings are significant.

Quote Not only is the lift over peoples heads, but straight over the pumps as well....

Ah well at least he has a rope tied onto the boat somewhere to control it
must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2012 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by MattB MattB wrote:

Cost of the conversion is my main problem at the moment especially when I've not had the boat for a full season yet and I need to make sure I have a few quid held back incase of any issues.

Give Neil a call and discuss, at least you'll get a ballpark figure.

Matt, just spoke to Neil and they would be willing to do the job later in the year. You would need to discuss the type of system with them. Also for new regs the tank has to be in a sealed ventilated container. The ventilation could be a normal Attwood marine blower than runs full time. If you assisted with the container construction it would help.

Originally posted by MattB MattB wrote:

Ah well at least he has a rope tied onto the boat somewhere to control it

Eh no, only a hand on the rudder to swing...

Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Just had new LPG kit installed in my straight 6cyl 4.0 litre Ford Territory (SUV). It is injected LP as a liquid. Has a extra set of injectors for LPG installed into inlet manifold. The best part is that it now makes 5-10% more power than it did on petrol and most of the gains are in the low rpm range. Much more economical than the old mixer style systems but still uses 5% more LPG than petrol. But when petrol is $1.50 a litre and LPG is $0.79 litre the running cost savings are significant.

Mine is an older system with an old mixer (bit like a old carb). New systems are much like direct fuel injection with nozzles to each cylinder.

Tom
1986 Martinique - sold

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2012 at 2:12pm
Cheers, It's going onto the future to-do list though as it's spring time, I've already had my 3mm wetsuit on and it's time to enjoy the boat and worry about how much it costs at a later date! Hell its only money
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2012 at 4:09pm
19°C today and watertemp 10°C... But we went out for some skiing.
In my buddies boat, cause mine is still at the cover shop. I can go get her back tomorrow at 9.30 AM.
Exited about the brand new cover...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 7:10pm
Got her back yesterday. New cover looks good!!
Spent the whole afternoon on the water... Great day!

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2012 at 8:51pm
Played with a GoPro a bit...

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2012 at 7:26am
Nice The boat looks in fantastic condition.

Pretty sure I will be looking at a new cover this year as my current one is no good as a mooring cover, it needs to be strapped down to the trailer rather than holding on under the rub rail which will cause a few issues when I leave it on the lake overnight.
must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2012 at 8:12am
Matt
Give Dave a call at Land and Marine Trimmers in Cannock. If you take the boat over, or he may pop over to yours and make a custom cover for you. Tel: 07801 555 166 or 01543 469 629.
He has just done a re-upholstering kit for me to take to Italy, very nice stitching. He also gave me a good price for a cover. Recommend the Sunbrella fabric for the cover.

Tom
1986 Martinique - sold

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2012 at 8:25am
Nice, just called and left a message for Dave
There is only 1 material worth spending money on and that's Sunbrella, its that or nothing!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2012 at 4:14pm
Another one...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2012 at 6:38pm
And the last one I made at the moment...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2012 at 7:56pm
Well... I was cleaning her because she was turning brownish from laying in the water in the marina, when I noticed the color had faded in some places...
Not willing to go through the wet sanding purgatory again, I took the polish and the buffer out... Four and a half hour later she shines again like she should... Me very proud of the result

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 9:11am
A few friends of mine came over last weekend. It was a beautiful sunny day and we had lots of fun on the water and the beach...
After that, one of them, who's an amateur photographer, made a photoshoot...
Here are some teasers...

He's in the process of working them out on photoshop... Can't wait for the final result!

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 9:16am
Very nice
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 9:29am
Finally got the small, yet powerful LED lights in the speaker pod working...
Yeah, I know, it's a bling-bling thing...

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 9:57am
Quote Yeah, I know, it's a bling-bling thing...

LOL, I turned on the LED cabin lights a couple of weeks back when we were out late nothing wrong with a little bling-bling

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 10:04am
You can also see that she sits al little bit low in the water on the transom, due to the big heavy LPG tank.
When that tank is empty, the platform is some 6 cm (2 inches) higher above the water...

gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 11:12am
Hi Kristof, nice looking boat.
Question re your platform brackets - are they height adjustable?
Something you fabricated yourself?

Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Well... I was cleaning her because she was turning brownish from laying in the water in the marina, when I noticed the color had faded in some places...
Not willing to go through the wet sanding purgatory again, I took the polish and the buffer out... Four and a half hour later she shines again like she should... Me very proud of the result

'82 Ski Tique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 12:02pm
PO intalled those brackets long time ago to make removing the platform easier. They are not height adjustable...

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic