Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mud season in Vermont.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
politicallycorrect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politicallycorrect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mud season in Vermont.
    Posted: March-23-2012 at 12:09pm
This time last year we had a couple of feet of snow. Hardly any snow this year to insulate the ground caused a deep frost...70 degree weather has thawed that frost and this is the worst mud season in a long time!!!
Public maintained road!Half mile from my house.

This is the road I take to work everyday...Pretty rude awakening at 5am!!!

town of Lincoln to the rescue!!!

This pic was sent to me a day after my adventure...
apparently this guy got stuck in the same hole the day before.
He jumpstarted a log skidder that was down the road and pulled himself out. Yankee ingenuity!!!
Skin grows back...fiberglass doesn't!!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 12:20pm
We're not having a mud season so far this year. Those must be like sink holes, otherwise the drivers would have stopped before they got so stuck?
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 9:06pm
Looks like wet cement...yikes!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2012 at 10:35pm
I had a 69 Jeepster Commando and we would hunt for places like that, but I learned my lesson since it plays havoc with brakes and bearings and such.

Public maintained? I'm thinking it's time to pave it. Thats a quagmire.
This is the life
politicallycorrect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politicallycorrect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2012 at 12:13pm
Vermont is a lot like Pete when it comes to their roads "keep it original" no paving anytime soon. My bucket van is going into the shop Monday for brakes and to replace at least the passenger side axle bearing. The picture of the dodge truck with the sap tanks actually made it on to the news. They're calling for a hard freeze tonight, going to be some serious hard ruts to deal with. But at least the sap will start flowing and we can get back to making syrup!!
Skin grows back...fiberglass doesn't!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic