NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tough weekend

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tough weekend
    Posted: March-26-2012 at 3:48am
We lost our four legged friend this weekend.   I can only think of a couple of times in my life where I've felt as broken up about doing what was best for someone, especially someone who was an integral part of our family. Zac was diagnosed with cancer 6 months ago, and we chose to treat him with homeopathic remedies as opposed to chemo; knowing that even with chemo, his time was short. I wish he'd been able to experience the boat this summer, I am sure he would have loved it.   

"Dogs lives are too short.   Their only flaw really." - Agnes Sligh Turnbull
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 4:22am
In my experience its one of life's toughest day, Sorry for your loss.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 5:54am
Reminds me of losing my German Shorthair. Cancer sucks.
This is the life
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 9:15am
Kris,
I have been there and went through it. I feel for you!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 9:55am
Sorry for you loss Kris.
I'll never forget the day I had to give up on my Dobermann... Really loved that dog and still miss him... Never had another dog after him.

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 10:29am
Sorry to hear about that, we have a 12 year old Rottie that won't be with us much longer. He will be the 3rd Rot we've had to say goodbye to and it is never easy.
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:18am
Sorry to hear that Kris.
83Ski
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:34am
I think we have all been there. My heart goes out to you and your family. I know there is a special place in heaven for our four legged friends.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 12:23pm
Been there last year..had to let go our family rottweiler..very sad momento for all...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 12:54pm
Kris, Sorry for your loss, still miss our golden who's been gone almost 3 years. It gets easier, but she is still missed.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 2:10pm

The Rainbow Bridge Poem

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I read that poem 11 yrs. ago when we put our lab down. I read it again 2 weeks ago when we put had to put our latest Lab down. Brings a tear and smile each time I read it.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 5:16pm
Thanks guys      I can't say how much that dog meant to my family and I, and I am sure you all feel the same about your pets. He was as much one of the kids as the kids are.     While I know that not all here are people of faith, I have to believe that God loves animals too, and I agree that heaven would be lacking with out them... I look forward to meeting him again some day
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:23pm
and the term coined, mans best friend
"the things you own will start to own you"
67425ks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67425ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 3:06am
Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like he had a great family that loved him.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 3:55am
as usual eric..ya said it all...

Know the pain Kris...lost my beloved Springer..Miss Mindy at Christmas in '01..still pulls a tear when I read something like Tom posted. Thank goodness for Jo the TN wonder dog.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 AquaSkier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 AquaSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 12:33am
Sorry to hear about your loss. Pretty dog and a bet a great companion! We put our Lab down a couple of years ago. She was our first child. Tough day i'm sure.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 1:40pm
Sorry to hear your loss Kris! Remember the good times!
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by 62 AquaSkier 62 AquaSkier wrote:

Sorry to hear about your loss. Pretty dog and a bet a great companion! We put our Lab down a couple of years ago. She was our first child. Tough day i'm sure.

We got him 2 months after our wedding, so yep I understand the first child statement.   He was good practice for our two legged kids
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic