NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Next Bubble

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Next Bubble
    Posted: April-09-2012 at 11:32am
Student loans now exceed a trillion dollars, many, many, of then will go into default. The inflation rate of college tuition has been double or triple that of general inflation for thirty years now. (Why?) Diploma mills have sprouted up in office space vacated in 2008-2009, some of these institions getting 95% +of their revenue in the form of student loans.    Taxpayers better hang onto their wallets, because the bailouts are coming.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/did-jpmorgan-pop-student-loan-bubble
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 12:02am
And, I bet you will see a big bailout package right about mid-October from one of the presidential candidates who currently lives in a large white house The whole world is getting a bailout.

I wish they had bailouts for broke middle-age white guys that have always paid their mortgage and taxes on time, and who just put two kids through college and who desperately need a new Ski Nautique

If that voting block was big enough, I am sure they would try.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 12:24am
Yes, it is time for the Ski party to govern!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 9:45am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

I wish they had bailouts for broke middle-age white guys that have always paid their mortgage and taxes on time, and who just put two kids through college and who desperately need a new Ski Nautique

If that voting block was big enough, I am sure they would try.

You have till about September to come up with a list, If you think it will really work add my name.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2012 at 2:29pm
If there's not going to be a bailout for student loans, there needs to be an aggressive education plan to protect people from predatory student loan lending.

I just saw this thing on Public Television about how some of these for profit colleges are specifically targeting returning vets (and more specifically their GI Bills). The vets are not getting a whole lot in return except empty pockets and a pile of debt.

I feel all colleges should be required by law to report the ratio of graduating students' starting salaries to the debt they've accumulated getting their degrees. It should be broken out by program within the college as well. They need to report just like a public company needs to report balance sheets.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic