NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

85 SN 2001 351W oil pan

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

And because most people never check,much like you didn't check your alignment, now big brother requires that new cars have tire pressure monitoring systems

This gives me an idea for the latest bling for the high end boats. Alignment monitoring!!! All you'd need are some strain gauges mounted on the aft end of the trans case around the output bearing and some electronics.   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 4:06pm
Oops you should check your facts before you post or no one here will believe you-

In case you haven’t read this publication for the past two issues, the federal government has passed legislation that mandates TPMS on every vehicle under 10,000 lbs GVWR starting September 2007. It’s not an option for consumers who purchase new vehicles after that date, nor is it an option for tire dealers and service providers who install or repair passenger and light truck tires. TPMS is the law and if the laws are not followed, the penalties could be severe. Those points alone should be enough to justify the shift in approach, yet there will still be some that refuse to recognize the opportunity and responsibility that TPMS creates.

link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
wideopen44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wideopen44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2012 at 4:29pm
I answered a question about an oil pan, that I knew the answer to...
How we ended up on conspiracy theory about tire pressure I will never know. I answered a simple question about what I did with my boat. Simple as that. If you are just looking to rant I don't have time for it. Yes I prabably should have mentioned he should check alignment. 9 times out of 10 you are fine, so I did not mention it. So you are right I am wrong if that is what you wanted to hear.......
guitarist35jc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitarist35jc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2012 at 1:25am
Is there any updates to this process? I need a new pan for my GT-40 and am interested in this if it works out for everyone else
wideopen44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wideopen44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2012 at 2:24pm
Nothing new that I know of, I will say the only thing that is kind of a pain is the dip stick is in a different place and you will need to mark the dip stick with engine in the boat on lever ground after putting in the correct amount.
The new pick up was availible at Oriely auto parts, I had the part number at one time, I would have to look though my old recipts to find it. Let me know if you need me to dig it up for you.

Good Luck with your install.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic