Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ring/finger pylon insert

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
theath846 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theath846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ring/finger pylon insert
    Posted: April-19-2012 at 12:41pm
I need a ring/finger insert for a pylon out of a 79 Sn. Anybody have one for sale???
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2012 at 1:55am
HA HA your kidding right!!!
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2012 at 11:25am
Welcome Tim,

It is one of the hardest items to find for these old boats. They do pop up from time to time but you have to be watching and act fast.

Good luck. You do know that they make a knob that works great if you dont mind it not being original??
83Ski
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2012 at 1:29pm
It's more like the Holy Grail.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2012 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

It's more like the Holy Grail.
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2012 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by dwcar dwcar wrote:

Welcome Tim,

It is one of the hardest items to find for these old boats. They do pop up from time to time but you have to be watching and act fast.

Good luck. You do know that they make a knob that works great if you dont mind it not being original??

In case you aren't successful with your search, here is what was being referred to above.

microphone topper
theath846 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theath846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2012 at 1:50am
Thanks for the advice. I am certainly not opposed to the microphone topper, but I am not in a great hurry. I still have plenty to do in the restoration process so I may look a little longer for the ring and finger unless the microphone comes along at a good price. By the way, I appreciate the level of class and politeness with which you responded. Other members are clearly lacking in this area.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2012 at 9:32pm
Tim,
Spend some time searching and reading past threads here on CCfan. The knowledge and information is vast. If you had done this before your request, you would have known why the members responded in the way they did. It was a "knee jerk reaction" since I'm sure they were surprised at your request. In fact, I was too!

The "for sale" section is also a great resource. You can narrow a search down to it only.

OK, now the question we always ask - were are the pictures???

Also, submit pictures and if you care some text for the diaries section. We'd love to get every single CC in the world into it!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

It was a "knee jerk reaction" since I'm sure they were surprised at your request. In fact, I was too!

Well it never hurts to ask,you never know if someone was getting ready to part a boat.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
theath846 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theath846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2012 at 1:14am
Thanks for the advice. I did skim the past threads. I noticed that not to distant in the past (a little over a year ago I think), two were offered for sale in a period of a couple weeks.
As for the pics, it is nothing special, but I will take some in a few weeks (after law school finals conclude) when time is more permitting.
The boat was my dad's when I was 5-6 years old. (Im now 27) After a few summers of hard barefooting behind it, he lost interest and it sat underneath the pine trees in his yare (uncovered) for roughly 20 years.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2012 at 9:37am
Originally posted by theath846 theath846 wrote:

it sat underneath the pine trees in his yare (uncovered) for roughly 20 years.

Tim,
Wow! have you checked out the condition of the stringers?

Hey, good luck with school.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
theath846 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theath846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2012 at 2:44pm
Thanks. I have checked. Believe it or not they were in good shape for the most part. I had to cut them down about 1.5 inches from the ski pole to the battery compartment as a result of some floor repairs done when i was a kid that were not properly sealed. Otherwise they were perfect.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2012 at 3:53pm
Tim,
That's great news that the tops of the stringers were repaired. How do you check else ware especially the bottoms where most of the water sits?

BTW, we still want pictures! Don't forget the diaries in case you haven't submitted anything yet. Once your boat is in, you can create an avitar.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2012 at 7:32pm
When you do find a good quality Ring and Finger expect to pay about $150.00. If you wait to think about it, someone else will grab it.

I hope this helps,

Donald
theath846 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theath846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 1:04am
Not sure your supposed to do it but my method was much the same as finding a stud in a sheet rock wall - resonation.   In highly susceptable areas, such a the flow holes between the exhaused channels and belly I cut the fiberglass off to inspect then reglassed it. pic will be a week or so, finals take precedence. What is an avitar?
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 1:34am
Avitar is the picture that goes under you username at the left of your post.
83Ski
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic