NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Northern Indiana?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2013 at 12:54am
Well let me start by saying I have not been on any of these lakes but if you want I will make the effort and get things going ?

Date :
first choice August any time
second choice September anytime,
third choice October any time ?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2013 at 1:03am
Every time I try to post more than a few lines the spam filters are blocking the post ?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2013 at 2:07am
I think it would be cool to have one on Lake James, and stay at the Potawatomi Inn at Pokagon State Park, or camp at the fantastic campgrounds there. Nice beach at the park too. I know there is a slalom course on one of the three connected lakes there.
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2013 at 10:42am
^^agree, lake James is the spot
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2013 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by DrStevens DrStevens wrote:

^^agree, lake James is the spot

+2
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2013 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

I think it would be cool to have one on Lake James, and stay at the Potawatomi Inn at Pokagon State Park, or camp at the fantastic campgrounds there. Nice beach at the park too. I know there is a slalom course on one of the three connected lakes there.

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but I made the drive over to Pokagon State Park last month to check it out. It was a nice enough facility, but the problem is it books up a full 2 years in advance. I asked about rooms at the Inn, and they had no more than 5 available on any summer weekend. Same story at the campground, which is separate and has nothing to do with the Inn. They have most summer weekends 100% full.

Maybe Lake James would be OK for a day trip, but I don't see the overnight thing happening.

Rob
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 12:45am
Plenty of places to stay around there besides Potowatami.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 12:48pm
Lake James is the winner !

I just went to the dnr site a tried to reserve a tent site and there were several sites .

Sooo    On that note we need a Date ?

Aug 10, 17, or 24
Sept 7, 14

just to throw this out there if we do find it difficult for places to stay this mini could start out as a day gig and build from there .....

1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 1:27pm
Kirk pick a date and we can plan for it. I could be up there any of those dates

P.S. Keep up the good work
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 2:11pm
Beginning of August would work, warmer too.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2013 at 4:15pm
I would agree. Toss a couple of dates out, and let's see what works best. I know we have like three or four weddings late summer/early fall. But, I will certainly do my best to make it.

This would be a great reunion at Correct Craft's Midwest ancestral home.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 1:08am
How about August 10 ?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 1:26am
That works for me!!
Fastest Nautique in Indiana!

Modify it, original is just ordinary!

Bryan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 2:04am
Works good....
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by dochockey dochockey wrote:

How about August 10 ?

I know a few of the members will be at the Buckethead barefoot race, tentatively scheduled for Aug 10th.
I would love to attend a reunion, and this would be my best shot at one. Ironically, Brian (aka Buckethead) had his wedding reception at the Pokagan Inn. My wife and I checked in, and then went looking for the Inn's bar. To our dismay, there wasn't one.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 11:50am
If the reunion does happen on Aug 10th. We might be able to race, and then head to Lake James.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 2:08pm
If you guy's get something going that is a weekend deal we would definitely be interested, Angola is a bit far for a day trip though.

Would be ideal to find a Lake with a Campground on water with boat launch and hotels nearby.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 2:57pm
Just got off the phone with pokagon she said no boat launch. Have to put in on otherside of the lake. Still plenty of sites though.
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 3:01pm
They have docks for overnjuight fcfs
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 3:34pm
Look back to last year...many of us have listed other boat ramps to launch depending on where your staying. Lots of new hotels right by the toll road & i69 interchange.

Bryan
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 6:58pm
Might want to call Dry Dock, the local CC dealer near Lake James. They help organize a wooden boat show during the Summer at a ramp between Lake James and Snow lake. Lake levels were real low up there last year, not now
7 inches of rain topped everyplace up last week.
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 8:04pm
I have seen this thread in the past and I am glad it has been resurrected. I would love to attend a reunion, a day trip, a weekend, fifteen minutes...whatever, August 10th, I will be there.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 9:30pm
Yes I assumed that there would be a nice boat ramp at a state park? they have docks? yeah I know exactly what they were thinking

Dry dock closed on Mondays

soo sounds like Aug 10 is ok with every one?
sorry Tull I thought you guys did that racing later in the year?

1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 11:59pm
Aug. 10 works for me
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 3:44pm

Yes I assumed that there would be a nice boat ramp at a state park? they have docks? yeah I know exactly what they were thinking

Dry dock closed on Mondays

I'll plan to be there Aug 10th weekend....Is it time to start a new thread with this info??

Bryan
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Woj's 77 Woj's 77 wrote:

I'll plan to be there Aug 10th weekend....Is it time to start a new thread with this info??

Good Idea!! These events are even better when the group can arrange to stay near each other, be it adjacent campsites or the same hotels which usually needs some advanced planning. One of u hoosiers needs to grab the bull by the horns and get er done!!

Woj & Papa, you guys need to drag that 77' up to Green Lake in July, should be at least a couple other Speed Nautiques there you can wrestle with for the top dog spot, lol.
Airgrabber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airgrabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 5:14pm
I'm Thanks for getting it setup.
Life is good. Work hard! Play Hard!
skyway2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyway2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 8:38pm
I'll be there!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 10:52pm

The Buckethead is normally this weekend. Brian usually schedules it the same weekend as Div 1 Show Ski Nationals. We also have done a race in September near Big Rapids known as the Lockwood Challenge (or Run the River). It hasn't run in a couple of years (though it might be resurrected this year).
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2013 at 10:53pm
BTW Doc
I've probably asked you before, but where in MI do you reside?
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic