Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Northern Indiana?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Northern Indiana?
    Posted: April-21-2012 at 5:44pm
Hi, Has anybody ever had a reunion in northern indiana. If so when is it If not we should

Thanks
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2012 at 6:35pm
Mark, I don't know, but you sound like reunion chairman material, good idea. Where do you boat?
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2012 at 7:14pm
I live on Shriner Lake not a very big lake but northern indiana has some great lakes for a reunion
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2012 at 7:48pm
Lake James, or Coldwater lake just over the border in Michigan, both pretty good size lakes.
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2012 at 7:57pm
Those would both be great lakes I know Lake James has a Nautique dealer is there one on Coldwater?
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2012 at 2:24am
As a native Hoosier (Noblesville/Fishers), I always thought it would be cool to have a reunion on Lake James. I have stayed at the the Pokagan Inn on Lake James a few times over the past year or two. Its a great park, and seems to be a pretty nice lake.
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2012 at 8:57am
No nautique dealer in Coldwater, Lake James area is where Midwest CC used to be. Pokagon is a nice spot on LJ, Crooked lake is also near, not as big but a fun lake. Captains Cabin is a nice long time place to eat at cooked lake, right on the water.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2012 at 11:21am
Guys if you really want to do this just find a spot that would accomodate campers and pick a date. Post the info out and they will come. We would hop over from Chicgo if the weekend is open for us. There are a lot of people from the site in northern Indiana and Michigan area so make it happen.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2012 at 3:07pm
I would love to have a reunion in northern Indiana or southern Michigan, But I dont have the free time or knowledge to spearhead something like this, but if someone whants to hop in the driver seat Me my wife and kids and the Super Sport will be there

P.S. I would try to help if and when I can

Thanks
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 12:04am
Don't forget there's also a few Ohio boys who don't mind a drive.

Mark, knowledge and time have very little to do with it, you can do as much or as little as you want. If you don't have a lot of time, just pick a date and a place, then post these instructions: bring whatever you think you'll need, we'll see you there.

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 12:17am
I would love to see this happen
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 11:20am
If this happens, and it doesn't conflict with our show ski schedule, I'm in. I was at a wedding reception on Lake James. Seemed like a very nice place. If it happens in Coldwater, we could camp at the nudist resort.
Just don't schedule anything Aug 18th. There's a Barefoot Nautique reunion (actually the Buckethead Barefoot race) in Grand Rapids Ohio.

Mrinboard,
We drive through your hood (and also the Turtle Capital) every year on our way to Warsaw. Lake City Skiers host a show ski tournament every June at Hidden Lake.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 11:44pm
http://www.stateparks.com/pokagon.html.      This link probably doesn't work,but here is a great place to stay,or camp, it's right on the lake, just not sure where one can leave their boat without pulling it in and out of the water. Maybe I will nose around as I will be up around there this weekend.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2012 at 1:25pm
I've seen this discussion before about a possible Lake James reunion. It's never taken off though. I agree that Lake James would be a fantastic lake for a get-together though. It's a super clean lake, with a great sand bar, has a campground, has a slalom course and it's a very central location to a lot of mid-westerners.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2012 at 11:50pm
Dr. Stevens did you find any good reunion sites on lake james this past weekend?
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 8:39am
Maybe, I talked to a guy that works for Dry Dock marina, local Nautique dealer, he suggested Crooked lake, next to Lake James. He felt it was less busy, probably a toss up in my mind as far as that. The marina has dockage for rent on Lake James, there are a lot of hotels in the area and the Pokagon park has camping or rooms at the Potowatamie Inn. Having never been to ny of these events I am not sure what most people do with their boats overnight, the guy I spoke to said he has attended many CCF reunions as he has a relationship with Nautique, he said many attendees pull their boats out of the water overnight. I have spent all of my time on Coldwater lake 30 minutes north, have only seen Crooked and James from the shore, I have been to the Pokagon Park and the Potowatomie Inn.

mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2012 at 12:51am
That sounds like good news it seems we would have some dealer support
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2012 at 8:25am
Dealer support, possibly, but that was not discussed since the person I spoke to was a salesman not the owner. As the name implies Dry Dock is not on the water.
zhangc123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhangc123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 1:30am
A stereo program consists of many unbiased units consisting of audio, these as: tuner, insert, EQ, LD machines or VCD gamers and AV amplifiers and so on. These models call for 220V AC electricity plug inserted into your board. It was to the benefit of conserve difficulties, shut down the power when a pull about the bolt all switched off; boot can also be an open-bolt over the energy of all. Like a solution may possibly conserve problems, but you will discover hidden potential risks. Since this operation will deliver anti-peak surge existing and voltage, both of these shocks are likely to break audio tools. Some devices deterioration mostly during the boot or even a shutdown of your second generated, although the wells of non-normal state working weakened.????Surge present: a hi-fi tools by resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers as well as other factors of your composition. They may be during the cold pre-boot state. Boot, the resistor is little, so large instantaneous current is 2.5-3.5 instances the traditional functioning latest. This latest is known because the surge latest, which could induce harm to the circuit.????Anti-peak voltage: Inductors, transformers and various units possess a element that's additional inside the circuit any time a voltage or possibly a voltage is deleted, its cells will deliver a counter-electromotive power to prevent this voltage alter. Then if the boot of a voltage when added to the inductor part, it generates a counter electromotive power to stop the institution of the voltage, however the strength offer voltage with the electricity keeps flowing, hence the cheap ghd back-EMF voltage can only offer a damping impact on the circuit considerably. On the other hand,ghd hair, the specific situation differs when the shutdown, if the shutdown, the circuit creates a back-EMF doesn't have any end, this voltage will be the anti-peak voltage, which happens to be 9 instances the conventional voltage. Despite the fact that its recent is GHD MK4 Straighteners compact, but the voltage is high, resulting in a shock to your product. So every one sound unit inrush current and counter-peak voltages are at the same time performing on audio products and resulting GHD MK4 Straighteners in a huge affect, an easy task to gear deterioration. States in this particular,ghd Africa, the audio unit one by one, the very best sequence of startup and shutdown. The boot sequence is suitable audio sign movement in accordance along with the course on the boot: consequently open the card connector,ghd Hair Straighteners, CD device, LD machines or VCD device, tuner, equalizer, ultimately open the facility amplifier.???The correct shutdown sequence is usually to change off energy amplifier initial, then off other products.???At the moment, in an effort to very easy to use, there is certainly a delayed-type innovations abroad, the ability latch plate. The 1st group acquired a immediate swap jack jack; 2nd group of receptacles, when booting the machine with this way, it might delay 1s (seconds) ahead of strength is switched on; third group of receptacles, when booting the device within this way, it might delay When 2s (seconds) in advance of electrical power is switched on; fourth group of receptacles, as this route on the device booting, it might be linked to the power delay 3s. Shutdown Likewise, also at unique moments of your electrical power shutdown. This helps prevent inrush latest and the function of anti-peak voltage concurrently on all products at the expense with the phenomenon of sound products.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 1:36am
Originally posted by DrStevens DrStevens wrote:

I have been to the Pokagon Park and the Potowatomie Inn.

Wow...have not been there since I was a kid...probably '64 or '65. Remember it as a very cool place.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 8:36am
John, that qualifies you as chairman of this event,
Airgrabber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airgrabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 2:52pm
This sounds like a great idea. I'm on Crooked Lake which it's not near a busy as James on the weekends. 3rd Basin on Crooked is great for skiing and they do have a course, but not real clean. Either way I'm sure it be a good turnout, lots of Correct Crafts on the lake just need to get the word out. Count me in. I'm sure Terry at Dry Dock would help it would be good advertisement.
Life is good. Work hard! Play Hard!
skyway2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyway2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 3:15pm
Air, you're right about the 3rd basin. It's always like glass. Even with some wind, I've only ever seen ripples.

Any more talk about making this happen? Either lake would be good. James does get super busy, though.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 6:57pm
I'm in if you get this put together. My wife wants to find a lake in Indiana to meet up with her sisters from Illinois and this would be a great way to get it done. I would be willing to help out too. Like Allen said, post the info and they will come.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

I'm in if you get this put together. My wife wants to find a lake in Indiana to meet up with her sisters from Illinois

Ask her if she checked with her sisters if bears are around? Of course, you do have that great new motor home so she should be OK??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2012 at 11:26pm
Pokagon State park is a good place to camp, they also have hotel rooms, it's on lake James, but Crooked Lake is just slightly south if that is the preferred boating lake. Lots of Hampton Inn type places not far away as well.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 1:16am
Pete- The motor home ain't quite ready for a long trip with the boat which is why she will not be joining me and the kids on the trip to TN. She said "I ain't sleeping in no tent in TN. They have bears and snakes down there!"

Just as well, I will enjoy not having someone tell me how to drive! I should have the Winnebago ready to tow on this trip to IN.

Woj's 77 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woj's 77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 5:35pm
Has anyone gotten around to planning this yet? Pick a date, plenty of summer left! Count me in...Lake James is my home lake.
Bryan
Fastest Nautique in Indiana!

Modify it, original is just ordinary!

Bryan
Airgrabber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airgrabber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 6:23pm
I guess someone needs to grab the bull by the horns. Crooked lake is way too shallow right now; James would be the place to have it. Ding my prop up on Crooked last weekend heading to James next week.
Life is good. Work hard! Play Hard!
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 9:41pm
I will call Pokagon and see about campsites, lake water levels are down, it's drier than a popcorn fart up there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic