NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

oj xpc dripless

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oj xpc dripless
    Posted: April-24-2012 at 1:40pm
can the water line for this seal be "T"ed in on the water line between the strainer and oil cooler? Or does it need to be after the circulation pump. Thing are a little crowded up there and it would be alot easier to plumb it in before the RWP.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

can the water line for this seal be "T"ed in on the water line between the strainer and oil cooler? Or does it need to be after the circulation pump. Thing are a little crowded up there and it would be alot easier to plumb it in before the RWP.

Justin,
Think about this a second. If you "T'd" on the suction side of the RWP, it would suck water and not deliver water to the seal, correct?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 1:51pm
I wasnt sure of the flow of the water from the seal. I thought maybe it took water from outside the boat and flowed from the seal to the water lines in the boat. So you are saying that wouldnt work/it doesnt work that way.

Its just with the alternator on the port side and the PP on the starboard things are a little crowded. Port is the longer run of hose so I guess Ill try and get it in there.
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 1:54pm
Pull it off of the bottom of the "J". Thats how mine is/was plumbed.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 2:14pm
ahh, there is a little drain plug in the bottom of that correct? I think I have a little elbow fitting that would fit in there, maybe. Still thats before the circulating pump, would that be an issue? The claim they dont actually need cooling.

trying to get motivated to tie up all the loose ends before I send the boat up to FFM.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 2:28pm

ahh, there is a little drain plug in the bottom of that correct? I think I have a little elbow fitting that would fit in there, maybe. Still thats before the circulating pump, would that be an issue? The claim they dont actually need cooling.

trying to get motivated to tie up all the loose ends before I send the boat up to FFM.

The circulating pump does just as it's name suggests - circulates. It's the RWP that provides the water/pressure for the cooling.

The water going to a dripless seal is really not for cooling. It's more for lubrication. The dripless is a modified commercially available mechanical carbon and ceramic faced seal. They need water between these faces. They also need to stay realatively clean and the reason you don't want to suck water backwards out of the lake. Any junk from the lake and it may get caught between these sealing surfaces.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 4:42pm

Still thats before the circulating pump, would that be an issue? The claim they dont actually need cooling.

No....won't be a problem or I would not suggest it ;)
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by watrski watrski wrote:

Still thats before the circulating pump, would that be an issue? The claim they dont actually need cooling.

No....won't be a problem or I would not suggest it ;)

Sorry tim I just dont trust you.
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 7:14pm
Reamer thief.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 7:41pm
if you wouldnt have injured your elbow at your croquet tournament, I wouldnt have borrowed it, you would have done it for me! It was actually alot of work trust me you didnt want to do it.

dont forget, I am a bearing puller thief too. They are both on ebay right now if you want them back.

maybe if you would ever invite me over I would bring it back.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2012 at 10:41pm
thanks gentlemen the successfully installed!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic