Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1962 Correct Craft Classic

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1962 Correct Craft Classic
    Posted: October-09-2005 at 11:56am
I am in need of complete shift mechanism for forward & reverse, bow & stern lights, lifting lugs, driver side windshield & wing windows, Any specification literature on this model which has a 312 Ford interceptor engine with a dearbomatic transmission. I am considering switching to a velvet drive. Is this recomended & does anyone have one? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hammer
Hammer
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2005 at 12:17pm
Hammer...
Those items will be hard to find...just hang in there!
There is a guy who lives in Mchennry IL...ebays lots of older Cris craft parts...sometimes older Correct craft parts.check ebay for cris craft and you will most likely find him.
Also...a guy on this site who has a 63 classic might know of a source...His name is Paul.Find him in the diary sect.
Ok...One other idea...nation wide search for a basket case or wrecked vessel!I am looking for the hooded motor cover...if I find a basket case or you do...we could get parts! I am in IL..where are you?
Also...I keep trying to send you emails but they are returned...The manifolds you asked about have a couple places where the mating surfaces are disurbed...gasket seal is questionable...do you want to see photos? Alternater is un tested...I paid $96.00 for all including shipping. If you want them for that you can. I purchase them becuase they were cheep and I could keep as spares!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2005 at 11:41pm
Thanks for your reply. I'll have to try to find out what is wrong with my e-mail. Try sending it to my wife's e-mail at
sandybaxley@adelphia.net. I would like to see the photos. I am very interested in purchasing these parts. Do you have any information on firing order & torque requirements for a 312 Ford interceptor? If you would like to reach me by phone, my mobile #704 651-5650. I'll return your call on my dime. I am located in NC.
Hammer
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2005 at 1:57am
Hammer...your in luck with the engine info you need! I have a complete shop manual...has all the info you need!
My engine has just been rebuilt...I will pick it up this week...I left the shop the manual.When I pick the engine and manual up I can copy it and sent it your way.
I will get some pic's together...send them to your wife address.
Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2005 at 12:39am
Thanks, I would appreciate any help that I can get. If you don't mind, just send to sandybaxley@adelphia.net.
Hammer
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2005 at 12:58pm
Hammer,
I do have an extra velvet drive, was attached to a 289 interceptor with a cracked block that I parted out, still has the bellhousing and tranny cooler cooler and lines attached. It was working, but could definitely use a paint job. I dont know if it would work with the 312 or not, nor if it has any advantages over the dearbomatic, I was keeping it as a spare for my Mustang but someone needs it to get thier boat moving I could let it go now that I have seen that the parts to rebuild them are still readily available.
-Joe
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2005 at 5:00pm
Joe, Thanks for your response. I'm not sure if the 289 & 312 are interchangable. I think the 312 & 292 are, so if anyone know's if the 289 & 312 are interchangble, please reply. Thanks, Hammer
Hammer
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2005 at 9:48pm
Hammer....picked up the engine today! Fresh rebuilt 312...it's fine looking!
I have the shop manual and will copy it...send me your address and I will mail it out!
Will get some photos this weekend(manifolds and alternator)
I can measure the bell housing on my velvet drive tomorrow and post (easy to do while it's out)...see if it is the same as the one JoeinNY has.
stang

The Super Air

Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2005 at 5:52am
Thanks for your reply, Stang. I know that you are anxious to hear that 312 run. I should have my block & heads back in a few weeks. Your manuel will be very helpful. I appreciate your mailing it to me. My address is: Doug Baxley 167 Woodstream Rd. Mooresville, NC 28117. I will be glad to pay you for your expenses. If we make a deal on any of your parts for sale, just include the expenses for the manual in the price. I purchased a early model Astrocraft just to get the bow light. It' not in great shape but I sending it out to see if it can be recromed. Thanks for your time.   Hammer
Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2005 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Hammer Hammer wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Stang. I know that you are anxious to hear that 312 run. I should have my block & heads back in a few weeks. Your manuel will be very helpful. I appreciate your mailing it to me. My address is: Doug Baxley 167 Woodstream Rd. Mooresville, NC 28117. I will be glad to pay you for your expenses. If we make a deal on any of your parts for sale, just include the expenses for the manual in the price. I purchased a early model Astrocraft just to get the bow light. It' not in great shape but I sending it out to see if it can be recromed. Thanks for your time.   Hammer

Stang, I'll porbably be picking up my motor this week. Have you had an opporunity to copy the manuel? It would be a great help. I also wanted to check on the parts that we discussed. Thanks, Hammer
Hammer
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2005 at 6:23pm
Hammer...just sent the manifold pics via email... will send the manual out this week. Did you pick the engine up?
stang

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic