NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WLM 2012 PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2012 at 7:39pm
You, Tom & Dave! The one that came with our Mustang went back with Reid last summer for Marty because they wanted to bring it to the dump. I was hoping to see a picture of 2 classics sporting them.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2012 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

As I told Reid, the only reason it didnt end up at the bottom of White Lake is because its only 11 ft deep and too darn clear... so he'd probably be able to find it! Im going to drop it in Norman next time Im down there instead.

That boat is way too pretty to be running around with that goofy top!

It's actually very appropriate for that era! No Bimini's back then!
Keep it original!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2012 at 9:27pm
Boy it sure is weird seeing the 81 with a different driver in it but I heard it ran great and Eddie took a liking to it. . Glad it finally got back on the water with everybody.   Looks like a great time for everyone.

And is that Donald's 80 "dark Blue" nautique all prettied up, sure looks great, nice color man.
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2012 at 10:02pm
The 75 Nautique was from Georgia. Jackie brought it up from LaGrange and was co-piloted by IAughtNaut from Cleveland. It was the boat with the ejection seat last year.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2012 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

And is that Donald's 80 "dark Blue" nautique all prettied up, sure looks great, nice color man.

Alan,

Yes, that is my 80 with blue trim. It looked like junk beside your old 81.

At one point of the Raft up there were boats registered from the following states:

IL, CT, NY, GA, NC, SC,

I just thought that was very cool to see in little old White Lake, NC.

Wish you were there with your beautiful new sport.

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2012 at 11:14pm
I too would like to thank the following:

Townsend and White Lake Marine for the warm welcome.

Dave, Champaign, Marty and Karen for all of their help.

Joe, Dan, Adam and Jackie for getting my 14 year old daughter Madeleine up Long Line ( Behind the boat) and on the Boom Wakeboarding. I really appreciate the time and attention you gave her. She is ready to hit Lake Norman on the Wake Board.

I would like to thank Tim, Joe and Reid for showing that a Shot Ski with four holes is not only for drinking, but it is also for sking. Each guy skied the Shot Ski with no bindings on Sunday. Tim's effort was the best. The went about three miles and crossed the wake several times. He dropped off of the ski right back behind the boats. He placed his heal over one of the holes to keep the water from hitting him in the face. I did not think it was possible, but it was. I think they invented a new water sport craze.

I had a blast and so did my daughter Madeleine.

Thanks,

Donald
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 12:22am
Marty great pics thank your daughter for taking them. Tim who?

Alan it sure is weird seeing your old boat with someone else driving. I think it is even worse than seeing your ex girl friend out with one of your mates.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 1:05am
Looks like a great time,alot of good calendar shots. I also see that I might loose my title of having the whitest legs to Tim's Dad
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 2:11am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I also see that I might loose my title of having the whitest legs to Tim's Dad

doubt that....

thanx for all the great pics guys.

props to your daughter Marty..what a slide show! looks like lots of guys got to enjoy Opps the way I did at the river last year.

betcha me and AirTique98 are gonna be there next year.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
herrlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herrlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 6:20pm
Hey it’s Dan, for those of you that don’t recognize the name I am JoeinNY’s modest and incredible good looking friend that had the privilege of joining the fun at White Lake. I just wanted to tell everyone what a great time I had at White Lake.

Thanks to:
•     Dave, Champagne, Marty and the rest of the Mabe Clan, and White Lake Marina(Townsend) for keeping me stuffed all weekend with delicious food, to include but not limited to pork, chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, shrimp, oysters, steak and access to unlimited chips.
•     Reid and Laurie for putting me up the first night
•     Nautique John for the ride from the airport
•     Greg B, Tim B, Tim D, Reid P, and Joe for the free pulls
•     Reid P for slightly lowering my self-esteem to benefit his own
•     Jackie D for sharing his “Crazy Umpire” YouTube video with me – funny story ask him about it sometime
•     Everyone that maintained a good positive mental attitude (PMA) trying to get up for the first time Madeleine(wakeboard), Jess M(wakeboard), Abby M(wakeskate), Stephanie M(wakeboard), Matt M(wakeboard) and Adam D(Sky Ski ) – although on PMA fence
•     Reid M for his amusing hyper antics during rafting time and keeping his dad, John M, in his place
•     Grant M for his amusing facial gestures during countless hours of boarding
•     Donald and Eddie for filling the shot ski
•     Everyone for being awesome – minus the grumpy boat launch guy
•     Why not, thanks grumpy boat launch guy for some good drama/stories
•     My wife for the weekend pass

Missions accomplished:
•     Multiple Wakeboarding sessions
•     Solemn skiing on the “Big Daddy”
•     Sky Ski session
•     First time barefooting ever off boom – Thanks to Tim B, Jackie D, Adam D for the help
•     Lose of wedding ring in barefoot process, see new life rule number 2
•     First Wakeskate session ever – thanks to Tim D for use of board
•     Body surfed shot ski due to inability to get up on it – may not be official but I feel good about it
•     Argued about physics with Tim B – upon further research he was closer right then me, however I will not admit defeat, see modest comment in first paragraph
•     Had some moonshine, I think? This is kinda blurry, see new life rule number 1 and maybe number 3

New life rules - to add to my always growing list
1.     Never drink anything that is brought to a party in a mason jar. - I did smack my grandmother, JK
2.     Remove jewelry prior to hanging onto a bar attached to the side a boat going 38MPH and a brain jostling tumbling fall is eminent
3.     Some people may not care that I went to camp as a child

If I forgot to thank you for something it’s not because it wasn’t awesome it because so much was compressed into the weekend my head just about exploded trying to document it all.

Thanks again
Dan
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 7:37pm
LOL Dan, great list. Did you ever make it back to work, or are you leeching off the system now?

I had to check youtubes and I do believe Jackie's video is the #1 search result. 1.2 million hits, wow.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 10:30pm
just so you guys know, as soon as I get home from Idaho I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 pictures and videos to go through and post. If you went skiing this weekend, there's a pretty good chance I have a video of it. The timing of this trip was unfortunate, but I promise you all they are coming.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 10:32pm
and to anyone considering coming to this event next year, do it. champaign's cooking on its own is worth the trip...I'm told there were boats there too, but its hard to block that steak memory out.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Any pictures of the Royal Flush with that sweet original vinyl top?

I didn't get any pics. He wouldn't leave it up long

You, Tom & Dave! The one that came with our Mustang went back with Reid last summer for Marty because they wanted to bring it to the dump. I was hoping to see a picture of 2 classics sporting them.

Joe remembered to bring the top to White Lake Reid would always forget to give it to me when I was working for him those 3 or 4 days.

So I've got the top now with me here in High Point. I'm going to come up with some kind of clamping system to go over the gunnels with the brackets mounted on them. instead of drilling holes in the boat. Ideas?

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Boy it sure is weird seeing the 81 with a different driver in it but I heard it ran great and Eddie took a liking to it. . Glad it finally got back on the water with everybody.   Looks like a great time for everyone.

I AGREE with the Donald's boat and trailer    His trailer is No.2 next to the ole' 81's

66 Skylark
93 SN
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2012 at 11:24pm
Looks like the great time I knew it would be! Still have not put my boat in the water this year. Stinkin' job!   
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2012 at 12:15am
Dan,

My sister lost her wedding ring in White Lake 30 Years ago. I guess there are two rings on the bottom.

Donald
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2012 at 10:37am
Marty, I'm glad you got the top. I don't know how you can mount it with clamps. You'll probably have to commit to drilling holes if you want it on your boat. I wish I could have given you our holes.
herrlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herrlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2012 at 3:02pm

LOL Dan, great list. Did you ever make it back to work, or are you leeching off the system now?

Unfortunately I did return to work yesterday. However I was debating filing for a mental disability so that I would still be able to board while I was working the system.
herrlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herrlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Dan,

My sister lost her wedding ring in White Lake 30 Years ago. I guess there are two rings on the bottom.

Donald

I feel a little better knowing this, misery loves company.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by herrlin herrlin wrote:

•     Reid M for his amusing hyper antics during rafting time and keeping his dad, John M, in his place
•     Grant M for his amusing facial gestures during countless hours of boarding

Dan,

Thanks for your list. It was amusing to read through. I wanted to post a big thank you to everyone also. I really enjoyed meeting you and that gives me one more reason to give major props to JoeinNY. Thanks again Joe for pulling my crew around the lake.

The Murphy crew had a blast. No one wanted to leave.

Did anyone get any shots or video of Grant wakeboarding? Like the good dad that I am, I didn't (eventhough I had a camera).
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2012 at 5:19pm
I have been missing the picture post here… I guess I just had to look.

As many have rightly said thanks to Townsend and the group at White lake for taking better care of us than they need to.. as always. Marty and his whole crew for the food, the cooking, and the pictures, Dave and Champagne for what was just an over and above amount of great food. Reidp, Laurie, and Nautique John for putting up with me, dan, truck, and boat over in charlotte over the two reunions. Me and Dan had a great time, more than enough watersports to wear a out my hands and keep me sore for a few days, and a good amount of time to hang out and a little bit of drooling over boats thrown in. Other than one wedding ring making its way to the bottom of the lake it was a perfect weekend. Well that and I couldn’t get up on the shot ski.. I think I need to spend a little more time on the d*ck pope’s this summer.. concave bottoms and dual bindings are making me soft.       

Adam – don't forget the video of Jackie’s bomb out when you get back..

Jackie – let’s have that address I have a couple carbs to send out to various people mid to late next week that I would like to group yours into.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you again in about 6 weeks in Nashville.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2012 at 3:59pm
Still waiting on someone to post pics of Reid's Top up. Here's a Mock-Up of the top on the Skylark

66 Skylark
93 SN
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2012 at 8:23pm
Nic top. I remember those well. I was still a teenager then.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2012 at 8:51pm
Marty,
I don't care what Tim thinks. I need to take to the lad about originality some more! I think the top looks fantastic!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2012 at 11:26pm
Marty, here's an old picture. I can take some measurements for you of where the holes are located, if you want.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2012 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Marty,
I don't care what Tim thinks. I need to take to the lad about originality some more! I think the top looks fantastic!

I'm not advocating a non-original top on that boat. Period correct or not, the only way that thing would look good is if it were sitting at the bottom of the lake! I am convinced that the only reason that Reid puts it on is to get a rise out of me.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 12:42am
I don't think it looks bad in that picture of Bruce's,but then again I have never seen it in person.I don't like the idea of the snaps on the windshield if they are permanent.Some of us don't like to wear hats all the time
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 11:08am

Marty, here's an old picture. I can take some measurements for you of where the holes are located, if you want.

Yes Please!

And GaryS- the clip on snaps for the windshield can easily be taken off. Only the 4 mounting brackets are permanent on the gunnells
66 Skylark
93 SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 11:36am

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Marty,

I'm not advocating a non-original top on that boat. Period correct or not, the only way that thing would look good is if it were sitting at the bottom of the lake! I am convinced that the only reason that Reid puts it on is to get a rise out of me.

Sell sheet showing optional folding top:

Picture of optional top on San Juan:

BTW, I installed several of the Taylor made tops on CC's back in my days at Watercraft. The tops came from CC since they were sized by the the boat and it's windshield.   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic