NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WLM 2012 PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 12:10pm
I think those old tops could look pretty good. The blue boat above isnt bad, and the San Juan ad above is ok, too. Here is Todds BFN.

Our old woody outboard had one that looked good and what was nice about that one, there was a fold open cover between the dash and windshield that it folded neatly down into, completely out of sight, when down.   Like said above, I guess I like them (even more than today's biminis (although I know they have purpose especially in hotter climes) but that is probably just a nostalgia thing. Not quite sure what's going on with Marty's, whether its cut to swing so high or if it can be flattened out with different mounting configuration, but (at least in my opinion) I'd like to see it flattened out a bit more.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Not quite sure what's going on with Marty's, whether its cut to swing so high or if it can be flattened out with different mounting configuration, but (at least in my opinion) I'd like to see it flattened out a bit more.

It was just a Mock-Up Guys. I just did a dry fit to see it on the boat. The legs are sitting on the step pads and the hooks are under the gunnels. It's not installed yet    

Don't ya'll do this too? Woodworking? Cut and fit, then nail and glue?

Just waiting on some measurements and maybe pics from Bruce where the mounting brackets go.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 12:32pm
Not picking, Marty. Knew it was a "work in progress" March ahead. I am sure it will look cool when done. As I said, I like those kinds of tops. It's just the kids around here that don't remember them that don't get it.

PS: I was down your way yesterday, blew though Greensboro about 7:00 on my way back to MA. Quick trip to NC, yeah I know, just missed WLM by a week. But I got to visit family, got the boat in and enjoyed the sun....along with a killer 26th anniversary dinner. I'll be at WLM next year and hopefully be hosting "Seven Lakes Beers" long before that.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 4:03pm
those tops are absolutely hideous
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 4:13pm

It's just the kids around here that don't remember them that don't get it.

Any questions?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 4:26pm

It's just the kids around here that don't remember them that don't get it.

Any questions?

My uncle had an I/O growing up that had a big enclosed top on it... it was hideous too!

Just because its old doesnt grant it a pass. I only own one boat thats younger than I am, and prefer to keep things looking original. Sometimes ugly is just plain ugly!
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 9:14pm
damn that bimini top looks awesome on the BFN. I wonder how hard it would be to do something similar on my 94... gives it more of a speed boat look. Bet its a pain to get in and under though.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 9:14pm
I think they are cool now, which is a sign of my age, I guess, as well as I try to stay out of the sun these days. I'm partners with my sons in the Mustang and they out voted me on the top, so I was happy to see Marty get it. When I was a kid, I thought they were hiddeous and belonged on fishing boats, not inboards. They were pretty pricey according to the sales sheet. For the price of the top, our Mustang probably could have been upgraded to a V8!
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2012 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

For the price of the top, our Mustang probably could have been upgraded to a V8!

Why would you want a v8 when you got such a sweet sounding inline 6!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

For the price of the top, our Mustang probably could have been upgraded to a V8!

Why would you want a v8 when you got such a sweet sounding inline 6!

Cruise of 34 would be better than WOT at 34!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 3:25pm

I think they are cool now, which is a sign of my age

Ha, good to know. When I change my mind and think they are cool I'll know then that I'm old.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I think they are cool now, which is a sign of my age

Ha, good to know. When I change my mind and think they are cool I'll know then that I'm old.

Who said anything about old? But, even you will eventually really like those colorful barefoot suits you guys wear.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 3:54pm
I've always liked the colorful suits.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 5:15pm
But you'll really think you look good in them...
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 12:24am
First I want to apologize for taking two months to post this stuff...unacceptable. That being said, here are the better videos I took in white lake...

Tim B tumbling barefoot

Tim tumbling again

This time backwards

And again...the rough water at the end doesn't even seem to phase him...

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 12:27am
I learned to wakeskate

And this was a pretty cool crash
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 12:35am
Until very recently this sky ski confounded me...Joe makes it look easy

and then he got a little footing in
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 12:36am
TimD was pretty good at this, course it was his boat and his toy so that hardly seemed fair....

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 12:39am
JMurph giving it heII

and again

then some wakeskate

he was determined to get that 180

the more times you crash, the more videos I post
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 12:46am
My dad probably had never seen a wakeboard before about 2 years ago...guess you can teach an old dog new tricks

This is cool. 65, if you were wondering, 65 years old. Also, this is what you miss if you skip the morning shenanigans.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 12:59am
and this is what you miss if you skip the evening shenanigans...can somebody please watch Marty playing the invisible spoons in this video...its easily the best part
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 1:17am
And last but not least, Joe's buddy Dan

Skating it up

Ok, I only post agony of defeat videos if there's thrill of victory to follow...and its coming. Plus, there's a real good chance that this video is where he lost his wedding ring...

What's up now.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 10:55am
Great videos Adam. That bomb out by your dad is just so cool.

And GO DAN
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 11:29am
Cool videos Adam! I bet theyre even more fun to watch with sound... I'll have to check them out again later.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 12:20pm
Very cool
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 1:12pm
yeah, dan was a rockstar that weekend, that was definitely his first time barefooting.

and Tim, you're right about the sound, Joe and Dan's commentary after my dad's bombout is pretty priceless...they weren't expecting that
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic