Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'66 Mustang Carb Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mhaas007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhaas007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '66 Mustang Carb Question
    Posted: May-07-2012 at 8:51pm
I bought a '66 Mustang over a year ago and am just now getting around to trying to get it running. Step 1 is to rebuild the carburetor and, while I am mechanically inclined, I've never done this before. The carb has some light corrosion that I think I can remove by soaking in carb cleaner. I can't see the numbers yet, but I think it is a Motorcraft 2100, based on my research. First question - can I buy a standard rebuild kit or is there a special one for marine engines? Is the rebuild fairly straightforward or are there differences between an autmotove application and the marine version? I plan to find a youtube video of a similar rebuild and dive in! Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to bringing this boat back to life!
Mark
'66 Mustang
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 9:19pm
Welcome Mark. I used to have the same carb on mine. I was able years ago to get the rebuild and choke heat element at NAPA. Go ahead and rebuild it but don't go crazy and spend alot. It is most likely the original carb but by newer standards are not marine. One of the best things I did to mine was to put a 450 cfm 4bbl marine Holley on it. Starts better and seemed to run smoother. What is your engine and who marineized it?
Here's a partial picture of my old one-

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 9:52pm
Mark,
Welcome to CCfan. How about some pictures of the boat?

Gary,
If I had to guess, I'd say Mark has the 289 Interceptor.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic