NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ATTN Texas: Hofmann Hot Dogs goes National

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ATTN Texas: Hofmann Hot Dogs goes National
    Posted: May-08-2012 at 11:17am
For many years I have carried Hofmann brand Hot Dogs with me all over the country, because frankly most other hot dogs are crap. I have taken them on correctcraftfan trips to Wisconsin, Florida, NC, and everywhere in between. I still send them regularly to friends in Virginia and Michigan who became addicted to them while I lived there a decade ago and was regularly transporting them across state lines for “personal use”.

Well hopefully my days of baffling baggage handlers and Fedex Drivers have come to an end.. because as of Memorial Day weekend 2012 Hofmann's is going nationwide . If you are having a party down there in Texas for memorial day run out to Alberson's and pick some up... you won't be dissapointed.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2012 at 1:25pm
Paula and I were just taking about the "Joe dogs" last weekend. Good to hear they are going nationwide. Can't wait to get them in Ohio!

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2012 at 1:41pm
It's been a while...

Heid's of Liverpool, NY
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2012 at 4:16pm
Will have to try them!
83Ski
grim007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grim007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2012 at 4:53pm
always take them back, pizza dough and buda sausage back to ohio after visiting grandma in canastota, ny nothing like a little bit of the taste of the old days
shaken not stirred
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2012 at 9:33pm
I'll try them with some Cincinnati Skyline chili!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2012 at 9:35pm
how are those Joe here it is kayem and essem (I assume they are national?)
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 2:22am
No Albertson's in Minnesota.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 11:09am
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

how are those Joe here it is kayem and essem (I assume they are national?)

Those are both New England only brands, I think both made by the same company... I have had a few of the Kayem at Fenway and they are alright. I unabashedly prefer the Hofmann but to one that grew up on the Kayem it might not be so cut and dry. I suspect with a well established regional company like that New England won't be high on the list of territories for Hofmann to concentrate on out of the gate.

They won't be limited to Alberson's in the long term though...

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 3:39pm
Joe
Have you ever tried "Wimmers" brand hotdogs. Regional brand that is produced right here in West Point, NE. They also carry a reputation as the best of the midwest. Maybe I will send some your way.

Bill
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 9:54pm
I've instructed my wife to be on the outlook for the Hofmann's when shopping. Coming from the "home" of great dogs, (Chicago), I've got to try these things!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2012 at 10:16pm
I wonder if Jewel will have them since they are owned by Alberson's?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic