NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'74 Mustang 17 parting out

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '74 Mustang 17 parting out
    Posted: October-29-2013 at 5:32pm
Thanks, let me know. Not in any real hurry.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2013 at 5:24pm
I think Ive got those over at my cottage so I'll put it on my list of things to check.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2013 at 4:31pm
the ultimate sacrifice, ha

the style looks the same, grab a measurement for me the next time you're over by your dads. Jackie's were in tact until about 2 years ago and now he's missing two of the teak inserts. We've been talking about having someone make some, probably wouldn't be hard, but if I had seen those when I was there I would have taken them from you then.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2013 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

The hull is getting cut up very soon unless someone expresses interest in it!

I cut it up because no one expressed any interest in it!

It was not worth saving, IMHO... painted hull, rotten stringers. Im not a big fan of the M17, personally- so I had no interest in saving it. So, it made the ultimate sacrifice. Its easier/cheaper to get rid of the hull when its in pieces.

Step plates should be the same for your dad's '75. I assume you can see the style in the pics above? I can verify dimensions if you want.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2013 at 3:48pm
Why did you chop the hull up? I don't remember that being like that 6 weeks ago.

Are those step pads the same as the one's on my dad's 75? Only a year difference (besides the model) I wouldn't think they would have changed that much.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2013 at 5:21pm
New list with prices. Feel free to make offers!

TRBenj@gmail.com

Windshield: $200
Teak step plates (4): $40
Glove Box (no key): $15
Steering clamp block: $40
Rudder Port+ packing gland: $50
Driveshaft packing gland: $30
Thru hull water pickup: $30
Pylon: $300
Big-T helm: $80
Gauges: $30/ea

To anyone considering the nose or the transom, I will make a really good deal on them if you pick up. The transom still has the exhaust through hulls, flappers and cleats. The nose has the bow eye and cleats attached.

Pics to remind people what this stuff looks like:

I will keep this list current... so even if you find this post and it appears old, if something is listed it is most likely still available.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2013 at 11:15am
The hull is now gone... but the nose and transom still remain if someone is interested in a bar or other decoration project.

I also have the Big-T helm, switches and gauges in addition to the list above... so email me what you need: TRBenj@gmail.com

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 10:44am
Updated list 10/10/13:

Windshield
Teak step plates (4)
Glove Box (no key)
Exhaust thru hulls
Steering clamp block
Rudder Port+ packing gland
Driveshaft packing gland
Thru hull water pickup
Pylon (sale pending)
Hull (free!)

Same as before- if theres anything else you see in the pictures, but I havent mentioned, feel free to inquire- I may have overlooked something.

The hull is getting cut up very soon unless someone expresses interest in it!

TRBenj@gmail.com
stang7tl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang7tl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2013 at 11:41pm
I am interested in gas tank can you PM me a dimensions and price if you dont keep it
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2013 at 10:47am
Updated list:

Windshield
Teak step plates (4)
Glove Box (no key)
Bow light
Exhaust thru hulls
Steering clamp block
Driveshaft packing gland
Thru hull water pickup
Fuel fill
Stern light base
Hull (free!)

The following items I am considering keeping, but may be negotiable:

Gas tank
Pylon (may be spoken for)
Gauges and switches (untested)
Front and rear scoops (looking to reproduce them rather than sell the originals... so let me know if you need them)

Same as before- if theres anything else you see in the pictures, but I havent mentioned, feel free to inquire- I may have overlooked something.

TRBenj@gmail.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 3:55pm
Bump... the latest list of parts available (posted Nov 16) is still current. If anyone needs any of the parts listed, please let me know!

TRBenj@gmail.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2012 at 1:30pm
The steering wheel has been sold. Still have the following:

Windshield
Dash grab handle
Teak step plates (4)
Glove Box (no key)
Bow light
Exhaust thru hulls
Steering clamp block
Driveshaft packing gland
Thru hull water pickup
Fuel fill
Stern light base
Hull (free!)

The following items I am considering keeping, but still have... may be negotiable:

Gas tank
Pylon (may be spoken for)
Gauges and switches (untested)
Front and rear scoops (looking to reproduce them rather than sell the originals... so let me know if you need them)

If theres anything else you see in the pictures, but I havent mentioned, feel free to inquire- I may have overlooked something.

TRBenj@gmail.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2012 at 3:08pm
Kinda sorta, Graham... you want a smaller diameter wheel, right? The one on this boat is the larger variety. Havent been over to my parts stash recently.
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2012 at 2:52pm
No.. but I'm still after that steering wheel!!
'82 Ski Tique
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2012 at 2:51pm
'82 Ski Tique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2012 at 1:22pm
Bump... the boat has been pretty well picked over, but there are a handful of parts remaining. Some dash parts, steering wheel, windshield, and other misc hardware is still there. If anyone wants the hull, they can have it for free. Im keeping the trailer, but might be willing to deliver, within reason.

Email: TRBenj@gmail.com
300 ray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300 ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2012 at 12:22am
im interested in the rub-rail, rear railing with ladder, and exhaust tips.   Let me know thanks Dan. mcavoydan@yahoo.com
'86 300 SeaRay
'73 Correct Craft Mustang
300 ray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300 ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2012 at 12:21am
im interested in the rub-rail, rear railing with ladder, and exhaust tips.   Let me know thanks Dan. mcavoydan@yahoo.com
'86 300 SeaRay
'73 Correct Craft Mustang
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2012 at 10:41am
Yep, pretty sure its a MV1 thanks
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2012 at 8:37pm
I cant see the pic on this computer, but if its a Morse MV1 or MV2, that handle will swap over just fine!
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2012 at 8:35pm

Graham, no mounts on this boat (or in my stash)... it came engineless.

I'm keeping the Morse from the M17, as the BFN has a stripped housing. If youre just looking for the chrome arm, Ive pointed a few people to ebay- they can be had brand new for ~$60. They seem to be sold out at the moment, but the same guy has relisted a bunch of them several times. Keep checking and I bet he relists some more.

Morse Handle on ebay

Thanks Tim, I shall drop him a mail.
I take it that particular arm is suitable for my boat?
Here's the control unit, I got the chance to give it a gritblast and recoat today

Just had another thought, you don't have a spare airglide pickup/pitot??
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2012 at 2:49pm
Im torn on the scoops... I dont have a need for them currently, but wouldnt mind holding onto them in case I end up wanting to reproduce them. Shoot me an email and we can discuss: TRBenj@gmail.com
rjtmetalworks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtmetalworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2012 at 2:47pm
Is the bow vent cover (hood scoop) available?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2012 at 11:38am
Graham, no mounts on this boat (or in my stash)... it came engineless.

I'm keeping the Morse from the M17, as the BFN has a stripped housing. If youre just looking for the chrome arm, Ive pointed a few people to ebay- they can be had brand new for ~$60. They seem to be sold out at the moment, but the same guy has relisted a bunch of them several times. Keep checking and I bet he relists some more.

Morse Handle on ebay
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2012 at 11:17am
Hi Tim, I'm interested in the throttle control arm if thats still available?
Also, dont know if the rear driverside engine mount is the same as '82 Tique??
Thanks
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2012 at 8:02am
Let me know how much and if he does not take it.
Thanks
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2012 at 6:44pm
I have one other person interested in the steering wheel- he's awaiting pictures showing the condition as well.

It has a little bit of pitting on the chrome, but the rim and spokes look good. Id say a 6-7 out of 10.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2012 at 6:40pm
Is the steering wheel still available? If so what would you say the condition of it is on a scale of 1 to 10?
Thanks
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 1:32pm
Jackie, shoot me an email: TRBenj@gmail.com
jac81tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jac81tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 1:30pm
Interested in the rail and ladder How much for it? I have a 81 tique and want to install this instead of the platform.
Thanks Jackie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic