Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Airguide Replacement Lens and Pointer available
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airguide Replacement Lens and Pointer available

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
ClassicBoatwork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airguide Replacement Lens and Pointer available
    Posted: May-12-2012 at 7:31pm
Airguide Replacement Lens and Pointer
I finally found a company to make replacement lenses for Airguide Speedometers
I am also having the most common pointer reproduced.
See the Special Pre-Production prices at

http://www.classicboatwork.com/as/as.html

These prices will remain in effect until the product is delivered.
Delivery is expected in early June, 2012
Thank you,
Dean
Classic Boatworks
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2012 at 12:28am
Great, may work on mine this fall.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2012 at 6:29am
Gonna order them tonight when I get home
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 5:17pm
Hi Dean,   Next question: CB-4477 Dial Faceplates.
"Needle-Stop-Pins" ???
Suggestions ???

Thanks
AT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 5:56pm
AT,
I use 1/16" brass rod. Cut off 1/4 inch then put a dab of good glue, I use epoxy on the back to hold in place. Make sure it is straight and let it dry. I round off the edges with a file.
Dean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 5:58pm
Al, I hope you are happy with your dials.... Dean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 6:05pm
I am in the process of getting art work done for the "miles" on the outside dial, "MasterCraft" logo, and "Malibu" logo dials done. If someone will send me a "Correct Craft" logo dial I will get that too. Another alternative is a really good scan, 600 dpi (don't shrink it down). The dial outside diameter (O.D.) should be
3 5/32". These are for Model 2025 speedometers.
Dean
coolboats@classicboatwork.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 6:44pm
Dean, 2025's are the plastic gauges with the smaller dials, right? I have the faceplates that I can send you (3 different Correct Craft styles, actually). I still havent been over to check out those exhaust tips, by the way- I havent forgotten!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 7:13pm
Yikes, 3 styles? Is one more prevalent than the others? Cost me about $150 to $200 per dial... Maybe a little less if the artwork is simple.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 7:35pm
Theres the black faced "Correct Craft" script that was offered '85-89, the white "Correct Craft" face offered 1990-1993, and the white faced "Nautiques" version offered 1994-1999.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 7:44pm
Are the black and white the same script just different colors?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 7:51pm
Nope. The black faced one is script (cursive) and the 90-93 white faced one is block lettering.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 10:12pm
Of course not. If you send them to me I will at least get the scans and make as I can. I will return them of course.
Thanks,
Dean
coolboats@classicboatwork.com
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2012 at 2:27am
Dean, The white Airguide 725 face plates are really great.
They are a tad heavier gauge than the aluminum faces on the MPH 725's. But, I don't see that as a problem.
Considering my mailman, it actually turned out to be a huge plus!
I'll post a photo soon,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2012 at 2:46am
Al,
So glad to hear you are pleased.
Dean
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2012 at 1:56pm
Completed, Lowered and Installed.      (see photo below)

(testing and adjusting, either today or tomorrow)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2012 at 2:05pm
Very nice!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 8:00am
Dean,

Any news on the three I ordered?

Thanks,
Kristof
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 12:55pm
Kristof,
We are behind schedule. The first batch was done incorrectly so it was back to the drawing board. I was told last week we are "close".
Dean
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 9:20am
Thanks for the reply Dean!!
There's no particular hurry, but now we know where we stand on things...

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2012 at 3:40pm
Hi Folks,   Here's what your Airguides would look like, if you had a pair of Dean's CB-4477's for your '72 thru '76 Ski Nautique.
In the photo below, you'll notice that we are traveling at exactly 27.5 miles per hour.

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2012 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Completed, Lowered and Installed.      (see photo below)

(testing and adjusting, either today or tomorrow)

Al,

You need a TELEFLEX Decal for that nice chrome Helm
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2012 at 8:18pm
That's just exactly what I was thinking Marty!

I still have one on an old white T-helm bezel.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 6:01am
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Hi Folks,   Here's what your Airguides would look like, if you had a pair of Dean's CB-4477's for your '72 thru '76 Ski Nautique.
In the photo below, you'll notice that we are traveling at exactly 27.5 miles per hour.

I only see you are traveling at exactly 44 kilometres per hour...   

I'm still waiting on mine...
Especially now there's condensation in my right speedo and I can't see anything on it anymore...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 5:24pm
I'm trying to find out the status! Appears these lenses proved to be a real challenge. Maybe this is why so many said they can't make them?
Dean
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 6:45pm
Or maybe thats why the last ones at least, are plastic. I'll need one too when you get them in.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2012 at 8:44am
Bump...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2012 at 2:15am
While all of you (ya’ll) have tearing up the lakes of America in your boats we have been working on improving your Airguide experience. We have added a page of Airguide speedometer restoration parts for the do it yourself kind of guy saving you many dollars in labor. We also provide an eBook guide to repair and restore your Airguide speedometer. Most products are pending and should be arriving in the near future.

We even made some T-shirts with Airguide speedometer dials. Quantities and sizes are limited to test demand.

Check it out and let us know what you think http://www.classicboatwork.com/classicparts/gauges/gauges.html
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2012 at 6:22am
Dean, I never got a chance to thank you for the second set of airguide grommets you posted over (after the cat probably ate the first one that went missing)
For anyone else finding it difficult to source these, I certainly did in UK, these are available through Deans website at a low price
'82 Ski Tique
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2012 at 6:22am
[edit: stoopid iPhone]
'82 Ski Tique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic