NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop Shaft for sale 1" x 41"

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop Shaft for sale 1" x 41"
    Posted: October-13-2005 at 8:53pm
brand new prop shaft 1 inch by 41 inches- never used. Bought new in 2002 and never installed. Still wrapped in foam packaging.Part was ordered specificall for a 1965 Barracuda but may fit other models which requires this shaft.Email me for more information- I have photos id you'd like.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2005 at 9:23pm
I may be interested as a spare, I have a spare prop and strut that came with the boat.

What are you looking to get out of it?

The previous owner said that he found it much less expesive to have them made a local shop than purchase from CC.

Gary

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2005 at 9:43pm
Gary, would be nice to have a spare- this was a spare and just never needed it (good thing, right?)
Correct Craft parts dept gets 285.00 for it...I would like to get 175.00 for it. no sense to buy it new...or custom make either...at that price.
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2005 at 11:52pm
you guy's do realize that you are suppose to change the prop shaft after 500 hours or maybe a little more than that, not exactly sure the right number, but my point is they are a serviceable item and not something that you only replace after it breaks because it will break effentually.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2005 at 7:09am
Never knew that...assumed the old saying, "if it aint broke, don't (replace) it."
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2005 at 8:23am
usually you will notice a slite vibration first. But because of the torq loading and flex in the shaft that occurs during operation it will fatige the shaft and it will break. Now if you only use the boat say 50 hrs or less a yr then it's going to be a long time before it gives out on you.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2005 at 1:21pm
Still have the prop-shaft...in the original packaging...still for sale..
Also have a rudder port that fits a 1 inch rudder post.

Consider replacing those 40 year old elements of your boat before they let go on ya..
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2005 at 1:55pm
FYI-

Pulling a skier several years ago and was in the middle of a very wide, smooth turn. All of a sudden the boat wasnt going anywhere. After checking shift control and shaft at the engine, I jumped in for the underwater inspection. Shaft was sheared clean just behind the strut. Couldn't have been cut any smoother or with any more precision than the break. Bottom line, tail end of shaft and a good prop at the bottom of the lake. No evidence of any problem (vibration or such) prior to it happening. About 500 hours.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2005 at 1:12pm
Tique-
maybe it was sabotaged??
you should be nice-er to those fisherman!!hahaha

Shaft still available- would make a nice Christmas gift for that CorrectCraft Fan in your family...
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 1:24pm
Bump this up-
Prop Shaft still for sale- (1" x 41")
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 6:38am
Still have this?
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2007 at 9:30am
Yes- I still have the prop shaft and rudder port too.
Feel free to email me and I can send photos
Thanks
-Brad
chillyh2o@charter.net
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic