NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1961 gray 4 cyl carb.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
R.N. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1961 gray 4 cyl carb.
    Posted: May-15-2012 at 12:02pm
trying to get a carb kit for the 4 cyl gray. found places online that list them. any suggestions or feedback from anyone on who to use? also we noticed that the pump arm is broken. looks like it is a model 2035s. It also looks like it had a manual choke on it. but there is nothing on the boat for it to hook to. I saw some diagrams with a rod between the throttle linkage and the choke. what was this supposed to be originally?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2012 at 1:08pm
Randy,
Call Ted Cartner at 847 395 8902 regarding your carb. Make sure you have the list #. It should be on the brass tag riveted to the side. You may want to consider having him rebuild it for you.

There should be a push/pull cable from the dash back to the carb for the choke.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2012 at 3:58pm
Randy,
Did you get in touch with Ted?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
R.N. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2012 at 4:17pm
Dave talked to Ted & he suggested calling Van Ness, who I found online the same day Ted mentioned him. Van Ness said he had the valves, rebuilt carb, engine gasket kit, (which the ones most guys sell is wrong (napa)??) & water pump kit. He is supposed to send it all out Monday, I believe. BTW, Van Ness said the engine should be red according to the model number?!?! or greyish green. Dave the boat owner wants to paint it yellow like the bottom side. Since I will probably be the one doing it, I am going to push for the grey.......
R.N. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2012 at 4:17pm
all done the beautifying of the boat, just need the engine now
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2012 at 4:37pm
I thought all you needed was carb work! I would have suggested Van Ness too if I had known you were looking for all the other stuff too!

Go for the Gray. Yellow engine? No way, I thought he wanted to go closer to original on this one?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
R.N. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2012 at 7:37pm
grey isnt flashy enough, lol. if I have my way it will be gray.
R.N. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 11:13am
how is new ford grey? manifold is done, any idea where we can get a belt guard for engine? ours is missing.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 11:27am
Randy,
They were always a "medium" gray like Rustoeum "smoke". If the ford is close, then it would be good.

The belt gaurd is confusing. The flywheels always ran in the open. A few models were available with an optional flywheel cover for when you ran the engine out in the open without a dog house. Is the flywheel cover what you are looking for?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
R.N. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 11:48am
i guess, I have seen pics of a cover that went over the generator/belt/flywheel.
R.N. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 11:55am
I need to find a real good pic, wondering about the water pump, generator, starter, bracket colors too, just all plain old grey?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 1:04pm
Randy,
The marinizers would bolt all the required stuff on the engine and then go to it with the spray gun. Everything was pretty much painted the same color including hoses!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic