NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

89 dash board replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by 1989SN2001 1989SN2001 wrote:

Anyone with this link should be able to download the zip file with all of the CAD. Feel free to continue to email me with any questions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rh7pa16qt2egdtq/1989%20CC%202001%20Dash%20Panel.zip?dl=0

TJ,
I'm sure many will appreciate your work. I'm reporting this post to Keith so he can put it in the reference section.
Thanks.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Cam05210 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cam05210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2020 at 2:22pm
I can't thank TJ enough on providing the files. I've searched far and wide and think I've called just about every parts place I could come up with to no avail in an attempt to get an OEM dash plate.

I have sent this over to an acrylics fab shop here in Charlotte to reproduce in black with white lettering/stripes...It will be about 2 weeks but I'll post results so if anyone needed this panel, you'll have a place to call. $145 was the total price with paint.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2020 at 2:47pm
How will it compare to the original? Please post pics once you have it.

Can they work off an original or only CAD? I have a 87 panel that I’d like to see recreated.
wmoorev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmoorev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2020 at 7:19pm
This is excellent news! I am anxious to see the result achieved, as I am needing one as well.
I do have a piece of plate aluminium that I have recently acquired, with expectations to have it powder coated black, ad then have the lettering and logo cut into it. I may consider abandoning that track if your end product is particularly nice. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Thanks for the post!
Cam05210 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cam05210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2020 at 1:07pm
Well...after a few months of hecticness and some back and forth, I finally was able to pick up the boat yesterday from my shop. Summary....was doing a top to bottom restore over the fall and had a small crack in the dash panel...I found a non OEM on nautiqueparts and was set to replace it. Upon taking the panel off, I realized all of the buttons were hard wired through the panel and of course, I broke the OEM as I was taking it apart (very fragile after 30yrs) so this left me with having to replace not only the panel, but all of the switches and indicator lights. When we went to put it together, the panel I was sent did not fit quite right and left spacing on either side. I scoured the internet and across the US trying to find a replacement with no success. Then I came across TJ's information who had created the files to have this panel reproduced which I sent to a local fab shop.

Fortunately, they made 2 of them for me out of acrylic and looked awesome. I say fortunately because with the nature of the acrylic, when the tech went to install it, some of the backing chipped off causing some minor imperfections. So we used 1 for test and the second for final application. While there were still some tiny spots that still gave us a fit being very OCD...we moved forward with the full install as even the minor blemishes were much better than what it was.

Knowing all of this now, I'd recommend having the fab shop use a different material, but it looks awesome and at least keeps the OEM look that I was looking to maintain. Here are the before and after pics:
wmoorev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmoorev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2020 at 8:03pm
Looks TERRIFIC!
Well done!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic