Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine quits after it runs for 30-40 mins

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mkmills19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmills19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine quits after it runs for 30-40 mins
    Posted: May-24-2012 at 12:45am
Hi All,
I have an 86 2001 and it runs great, however ever since I pulled it out of storage I have ran it twice. Both times It ran for 30-40 mins and then quit. New gas this year and I winterize boat properly.   It will not start back up until it has sat for a long while. It was converted to electronic ignition by previous owner. Not sure if it's the coil or what it could be. I have owned it for about 4 years and this is the first that it has done this to me. Speed is not a factor either when it just quits running down the river ironically both times have been at idle. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2012 at 12:56am
Coil is a good place to start. It will be really hot to the touch when it fails.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
mkmills19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmills19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2012 at 2:48pm
So the coil over heating could be the cause of why it quits? If so, it makes sense that I'm unable to start it until its cool again.
84SN2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2012 at 12:52pm
When was the last time you changed your fuel/water separator?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic