NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wisconsin Re-call Elections Next Tuesday

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
Author
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 12:52am
NBC just called it for Walker.   Crap, I am headed to the rotunda again I can see.
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 12:52am
Nobody will get re elected doing what needs to be done, it's gonna be a long battle, but it needs to be done.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 1:15am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

I like your last paragraph, they are all things Walker has failed to do Except for the less regulation. Did you know what his plans are for the deer hunters or the fisherman. Privatization. He wants less regulation except in my bedroom where he demands my wife bear each seed I spread.

Let's see, that was one very large order of lefty-lime Kool-Aid? OOW....you can't believe everything the left propagandists tells you. Just wait and see, life will go on as normal, and you will still be able to deer hunt just like always, and whatever the heck you are doing in your bedroom I am sure will continue unabated.   

So, my key question to you is....What got this whole recall election going in the first place?

It was Walker's taking away union collective bargaining issues, and making union members pay a little more toward their own pensions and healthcare, correct?

Then please tell me why these things were never mentioned during the whole recall election cycle? Heck, the lady that was the union candidate lost big to Barrett in the primary. You guys are now off onto the trail of John Doe, and are seething to throw Walker in prison. Why doesn't anybody even talk about the union issues that unleashed this whole firestorm?   

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 1:28am

NBC just called it for Walker.   Crap, I am headed to the rotunda again I can see.

So how many times will the voters of Wisconsin have to voice their opinion before you are willing to listen? All the races are looking pretty solid, but at least your legislators can still throw a hissy fit and run out of the state when they can't get their way. What did Obama say? Elections have consequences? We are driving now and you will have to sit in the back? Walker saved your state. Say Thank you. If you really don't like him Minnesota will trade you Dayton and Franken even up.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 1:49am

dont forget to call Michael Mooreon....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 2:26am
Walker saved my state?

Well, the Repubs won big here, all of the races.
You can thank me later for the honest reporting.

Really though, I was sort of expecting this result.

say what you may, only time will tell.

Do you want me to say you were right? That is not the case, I really do believe strongly, and we will have to see where it leads us.

I never doubted the election process, and I never said I cannot take the election results for what they are.   Sorry that you have thought me that type. If anything, it is just the opposite, I wanted us to vote.
That is what has happened, and I am proud of that.

Would you really trade Franken? We will take him, even up, crap I'll give you a Walker and my left one, plus Fitzgerald and..

I gotta go. Walker is on.....

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 2:42am

Would you really trade Franken? We will take him, even up, crap I'll give you a Walker and my left one, plus Fitzgerald and..

And Dayton, Its a two for. I'll get the legal guys going on the paperwork. You can keep lefty, Wouldn't want to turn you into a "righty".

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 3:13am
Don't know much about Dayton, sorry. I have enough to keep track of here.

You'd have to take the Fitzs, he is free anyway, and you can't ever return him nor his brother.

Wait, MN, is in much better shape than WI and you want to toss them? That doesn't make much sense for you unless you want it to be red no matter what. You would want this chaos for your state? ( besides the fact he is a rep., because we are not doing well) Thanks davidg for taking my side on that one, Milwaukee as an example.

What a long 16 months. And 474 days left. What, you thought I would not know how many days left for Walker?

This was a good thread, but in all honesty, I am probably out of it for awhile, if I can help it. I've got a new motor to lift into my hull in the morning, then the family is headed to Vegas again on Friday for 4 days. I took a beating last month, and the family is a game changer, I hope.      

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 3:25am
You would like Dayton. Totally bought and paid for by the unions. He does not even try to hide it. Sorry to hear about your motor, but as I remember you were a little unsure about it from the beginning. It should give you good service for awhile now.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 3:42am
Thanks!   I have a thread about it I am working on updating. He was just bolting the oil pan on today, and it is supposed to be ready late morning. Might be getting it hot off the dyno. I am already proud of it and I haven't even got it here yet.   If all goes well, it will see water Thursday.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 11:09am
My favorite Quote of the evening from Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate. "Some things are worth losing over." Huh??????
1987 Ski Nautique

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 11:14am

Next we'll hear that BO is happy he lost.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 11:21am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

My favorite Quote of the evening from Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate. "Some things are worth losing over." Huh??????

Translation = "yeah...... I got nothing."

1987 Ski Nautique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 11:24am
Great that he won! I live in an equally as liberal area of the country and one thing the progressives seem to under estimate is the number of people that think differently from them.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 11:40am

Last count was 54% to 45%! Lots different than the "real close" pre election poles. Of course those figures were coming from the hopeful liberals in places like Madison!   

Keep up the good work Scott. Get that 15% off our backs by getting them real jobs too.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 12:14pm
I just heard on the radio a clip from CNN that interviewed a guy from Madison (Democrat) who broke down crying after the election saying "This is it! America as we know it is over". Sob, sob, sob!

I say thank god for that.

One thing for sure, it's an emotional issue. But, we have to straighten out this fiscal mess this country is in, and Scott Walker is the "Rock Star" who has it right.

Barrack......Are you listening?
wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 12:30pm
The working class just bitch slapped the entitlement class. It's going to be a tough road for the slackers but like Mike Church said this morning, Life is tough, get a helmet.
wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

I just heard on the radio a clip from CNN that interviewed a guy from Madison (Democrat) who broke down crying after the election saying "This is it! America as we know it is over". Sob, sob, sob!

I liked the part about them being outspent. Big Labor outspent by the Tea Party, love it.
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by wingwrench wingwrench wrote:

The working class just bitch slapped the entitlement class.

It is odd that you think this because the $$$ trail to the Walker campaign would lead me to say something like, "The immensely wealthy just bitch slapped the working class."

It will be sad to say "I told you so" when the Walker philosophy comes to your world and in due time strips you of all the things the government does for you that you never took the time to consider. Oh wait, that's right, you must not be in the "entitlement class." That is only for "those people", i.e. lazy people who take handouts. Not people that use Social Security, or Medicare, or collect unemployment, or veterans benefits, or disaster relief, or ...
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by wingwrench wingwrench wrote:

I liked the part about them being outspent. Big Labor outspent by the Tea Party, love it.

Tea Party??? Really???

I don't think Walker had a $60 million war chest from folks like you and me. Unless by "Tea Party" you mean a few million here and there from the Koch brothers and others like him, plus some generous spending by the Republican Governor's Association.

It is funny that people want money out of politics, unless the money is on their side. Doesn't make a lick of sense.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 3:16pm
The emmensly wealthy or 1%ers dont have the voting power. This w as a working class vote. If we are following the money here is some homework. How much did the unions spend?
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 4:03pm
Most of you commenting have no stake in this election. As a Wisconsin homeowner, I do.
I will wait and see what happens to my property tax in the next two years. So far, with Walker it has increased. I will keep an eye on property tax, boat registration, motorcycle and car registration, hunting and fishing licenses (although I am not a hunter or fisherman), gas tax, liquor tax, and other fees. I predict nothing but higher taxes for the working people and higher deficits. I hope it doesn't happen, but let's bring this topic up in Dec, 2013 and see where we stand.
Toodles!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Most of you commenting have no stake in this election. As a Wisconsin homeowner, I do.
I will wait and see what happens to my property tax in the next two years. So far, with Walker it has increased. I will keep an eye on property tax, boat registration, motorcycle and car registration, hunting and fishing licenses (although I am not a hunter or fisherman), gas tax, liquor tax, and other fees. I predict nothing but higher taxes for the working people and higher deficits. I hope it doesn't happen, but let's bring this topic up in Dec, 2013 and see where we stand.
Toodles!

Wanna come live in ILL-inois? All the above have pretty much happened here, AND we still have record high deficit. What hasnt increased in prices the last 5 years? Raising fees and taxes... thats what the g.men think is the way to balance budgets.

btw, My daughter and son-in-law live in M'waukee. They were pleased with the results.

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Toodles!

Wanna come live in ILL-inois? All the above have pretty much happened here, AND we still have record high deficit. What hasnt increased in prices the last 5 years? Raising fees and taxes... thats what the g.men think is the way to balance budgets.

btw, My daughter and son-in-law live in M'waukee. They were pleased with the results.

It's probably due to Barrett!
Last time I checked I did live in Illinois. Ok, I checked again, I still do.
I just own a home and pay taxes in Moo Town, I am not a resident.
we have a pretty good business climate here. Good schools and more business than you care to name. Oh yes, and the Chicago metro area has 1 1/2 times as many residents as the entire state of Wisconsin.
The voter turnout in the land of curds is estimated at 2.5 million. That's equal to a good size city. 8.5 million in the Chicago metro area.

This photo says it all!http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

A short list of big corporations;
A.T. Kearney
Bally Total Fitness
Boeing
CareerBuilder
Chicago Board Options Exchange
CME Group
Chicago Stock Exchange
Citadel LLC
Classified Ventures
CNA Financial (an affiliate of Loews Corporation)
Diamond Management & Technology Consultants
Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.
Equity Office Properties Trust
Exelon (ranked #134 on the 2010 Fortune 500 list)
GATX Corporation
General Growth Properties
Groupon
Hartmarx
Hostway
Hyatt Hotels
Integrys Energy Group
InterCall
Jet Support Services, Inc.
Jones Lang LaSalle
Kerasotes Theatres
Koval Distillery
La Petite Academy
Magnetar Capital
Merisant
Metal Management
Midway Games
MillerCoors
Morningstar, Inc.
Morton Salt
National Stock Exchange
Navigant Consulting, Inc.
Navteq
Northern Trust
Old Republic International
Orbitz
Playboy Enterprises
PTI Securities & Futures
Quaker Oats Company, a unit of PepsiCo
RR Donnelley (Ranked #240 on the 2010 Fortune 500 list)
Ryerson, Inc.
Skidmore, Owings and Merrill
Smurfit-Stone Container (Ranked #374 on the 2010 Fortune 500 list)
SSA Global Technologies
SymphonyIRI Group
Telephone and Data Systems Incorporated
Tootsie Roll Industries
TransUnion
Tribune Company (Fortune 500)
True Value
UBid
United Airlines (Corporate Offices) (Ranked #140 on the 2010 Fortune 500 list)
Unitrin Inc (S&P 400 MidCap, S&P 1500 Super Comp)
U.S. Cellular
USG Corporation (Ranked #458 on the Fortune 500)
Vivid Ascent
Whittman-Hart
Wilson Sporting Goods
World Book Encyclopedia
Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company
[edit]Companies based within the greater metropolitan area

The following companies are based in Chicago's suburbs:
AAR Corporation (Wood Dale, Illinois)
Abbott Laboratories (Abbott Park, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
ACCO Brands (Lincolnshire, Illinois)
Accuquote (Wheeling, Illinois)
Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, Illinois)
ACNielsen (Schaumburg, Illinois)
Alberto-Culver (Melrose Park, Illinois)
Allstate (Northbrook, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
Andrew Corporation (Westchester, Illinois)
Anixter International (Glenview, Illinois)
Aquascape, Inc. (St. Charles, Illinois)
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, Illinois)
Baxter International (Deerfield, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
BFG Technologies (Lake Forest, Illinois)
Blistex, Incorporated (Oak Brook, Illinois)
Brunswick Corporation (Lake Forest, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
Calamos Holdings LLC (Naperville, Illinois)
Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Schaumburg, Illinois)
Career Education Corporation (Hoffman Estates, Illinois)
CDW (Vernon Hills, Illinois) (Ranked #376 on the Fortune 500)
CF Industries (Deerfield, Illinois)
Claire's (Hoffman Estates, Illinois)
Colonial Ice Cream (St. Charles, Illinois)
Corn Products International (Westchester, Illinois)
Così (Deerfield, Illinois)
Coskata, Inc. (Warrenville, Illinois)
Crate and Barrel (Northbrook, Illinois)
Culligan (Rosemont, Illinois)
DeVry University (Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois)
Discover Financial Services (Riverwoods, Illinois)(ranked #286 on the 2010 Fortune 500 list)
Donlen Corporation (Northbrook, Illinois)
Dover Corporation (Downers Grove, Illinois)
Eby-Brown (Naperville, Illinois)
Electro-Motive Diesel (McCook, Illinois)
Experian (Schaumburg, Illinois)
Farm Progress (St. Charles, Illinois)
Fellowes, Inc. (Itasca, Illinois)
First Alert (BRK Brands) (Aurora, Illinois)
Follett Corporation (River Grove, Illinois)
Fortune Brands (Jim Beam, Courvoisier, Titleist and many others) (Deerfield, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
FSI Technologies (Lombard, Illinois)
Gantec Corporation (Schaumburg, Illinois)
Grant Thornton LLP (Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois)
Griffith Laboratories (Alsip, Illinois)
Haeger Potteries (East Dundee, Illinois)
Hendrickson International (Lemont, Illinois; a subsidiary of The Boler Company (Itasca, Illinois))
Hewitt Associates (Lincolnshire, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
Hospira (Lake Forest, Illinois)
IDEX Corporation (Lake Forest, Illinois)
Illinois Tool Works (Glenview, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
Kraft Foods (Northfield, Illinois)
McDonald's Corporation (Oak Brook, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
Mead Johnson Nutrition (Glenview, Illinois)
Medline Industries (Mundelein, Illinois)
Molex (Lisle, Illinois)
Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, Illinois)
Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, Illinois)
Nalco Holding Company (Naperville, Illinois)
Namco Cybertainment (Bensenville, Illinois; a subsidiary of Japan-based Namco)
Navistar International (Warrenville, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
Nicor (Naperville, Illinois) (S&P 500)
NiSource (Merrillville, Indiana) (Fortune 500)
Northfield Laboratories (Evanston, Illinois)
Oberweis Dairy (North Aurora, Illinois)
OfficeMax (Naperville, Illinois)
Pabst Brewing Company (Woodridge, Illinois)
Pactiv (Lake Forest, Illinois)
Paylocity Corporation (Arlington Heights, Illinois)
Peapod (Skokie, Illinois)
The Pampered Chef (Addison, Illinois)
Portillo's Restaurants (Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois)
Quill Corporation (Lincolnshire, Illinois)
Rand McNally (Skokie, Illinois), a subsidiary of Quebecor World
Redbox Automated Retail, LLC (Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois)
Sanford (Oak Brook, Illinois; a division of Newell Rubbermaid)
Sara Lee Corporation (Downers Grove, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
Sauer-Danfoss (Lincolnshire, Illinois)
Sears Holdings Corporation (Hoffman Estates, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
Serta (Hoffman Estates, Illinois)
Shure (Niles, Illinois)
SIRVA (Westmont, Illinois)
Solo Cup Company (Lake Forest, Illinois)
Stepan Company (Northfield, Illinois)
TAP Pharmaceuticals (Lake Forest, Illinois)
Tellabs (Naperville, Illinois)
W.W. Grainger, Inc. (Lake Forest, Illinois)
Tenneco (Lake Forest, IL) (Fortune 500)
Trexim Corporation (Schaumburg, Illinois)
Turtle Wax (Willowbrook, Illinois)
Ulta (Bolingbrook, Illinois)
Underwriters Laboratories (Northbrook, Illinois)
United Airlines (Base of Operations) (Elk Grove Township) (Fortune 500)
United Stationers (Deerfield, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
U.S. Foodservice (Rosemont, Illinois)
USRobotics (Schaumburg, Illinois)
Van Kampen Investments (Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois)
Vanee Foods (Berkeley, Illinois)
Walgreens (Deerfield, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
Weber-Stephen Products Co. (Palatine, Illinois)
Westell (Aurora, Illinois)
WMS Gaming (Waukegan, Illinois)
World Dryer (Berkeley, Illinois; a subsidiary of Carrier Commercial Refrigeration)
W. W. Grainger (Lake Forest, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
Zebra Technologies (Vernon Hills, Illinois)
Zenith Electronics (Lincolnshire, Illinois; a subsidiary of South Korea-based LG Electronics)
[edit]Out of state and foreign companies with a major presence

There are other large corporations in Chicago and/or its suburbs (but whose corporate headquarters are located elsewhere), including:
ABN AMRO (Asset Management)
Accenture (Chicago; Global headquarters: Dublin, Ireland)
Acxiom (Downers Grove, Illinois)
Affiliated Computer Services (ACS) (Schaumburg, Illinois) (Fortune 500)
Ajinomoto (Ajinomoto Food Ingredients LLC & Ajinomoto Heartland LLC) (Chicago)
AkzoNobel (Polymer Chemicals Unit)
Alcatel-Lucent
ALDI (U.S. headquarters: Batavia, Illinois)
Amada Co (Amada Machine Tools America) (Schaumburg, Illinois)
American Airlines (Hub at O'Hare International Airport).
APL Logistics (Oak Brook, Illinois)
Aon Corporation (Americas region headquarters: Chicago Loop)
ArcelorMittal (U.S. headquarters: Chicago Loop; plants in Riverdale, Illinois, East Chicago, Indiana, and Burns Harbor, Indiana)
Astellas Pharma (Deerfield, Illinois)
AtCor Medical, Inc. (U.S. Headquarters: Itasca, Illinois)
AT&T
Bank of America
Bank of Montreal (Harris Bankcorp, BMO Capital Markets)
BMW of North America (Central Region Office) (Schaumburg, Illinois)
BP (Warrenville and Naperville, Illinois; Whiting, Indiana)
Bridgestone (Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC) (Bloomingdale, Illinois)
Butterball LLC (Naperville, Illinois)
Canon USA (Itasca, Illinois)
Cargill (Chicago; Hammond, Indiana)
Caterpillar Inc. (Peoria, Illinois)
Citgo (Lemont Refinery, Lemont, Illinois)
ConAgra Foods (Naperville, Illinois)
Continental Automotive Systems (Temic) (Deer Park, Illinois)
CSX Transportation (Northern Region Operations Center) (Calumet City, Illinois)
Dyson Appliances Limited (Dyson US) (Chicago)
FANUC (Hoffman Estates, Illinois)
Fitch Group
Ford Motor Company (Chicago Assembly, Chicago Heights Stamping)
Fujifilm (Fujifilm Medical) Hanover Park, Illinois)
General Electric
Goldman Sachs
Huawei (Rolling Meadows, Illinois)
HSBC Finance, a subsidiary of HSBC (Mettawa, Illinois)
Hyundai Motor Company (Aurora, Illinois)
IBM
Ineos/Innovene (Chicago and Naperville, Illinois; Whiting, Indiana)
JPMorgan Chase (See: Bank One Corporation)
Makino (Elgin, Illinois)
McKesson Corporation (Wheeling, Illinois)
McGraw-Hill (Chicago Loop)
Microsoft (Chicago Loop; Downers Grove, Illinois; Northlake, Illinois (data center))
Mintel
Mitsubishi Electric (Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.) (Vernon Hills, Illinois)
Mitutoyo (Aurora, Illinois)
Mori Seiki (U.S. headquarters: Hoffman Estates, Illinois)
Navigon (Navigon Inc., Chicago)
NEC (NEC Display Solutions) (Itasca, Illinois)
Nielsen (Market Research) (Schaumburg and Chicago, Illinois)
Nissan Motors (Aurora, Illinois (Nissan North America); Marengo, Illinois (Nissan Forklift))
Noritake (Arlington Heights, Illinois)
Nortel (Schaumburg, Illinois)
Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems (Rolling Meadows, Illinois)
OMRON (Schaumburg, Bannockburn, St. Charles)
Panasonic Corporation (Panasonic Factory Solutions Company of America) (Rolling Meadows & Buffalo Grove, Illinois)
Paychex (Naperville, Illinois)
Pearson Education, publishing as Scott Foresman (Glenview, Illinois)
Popular, Inc. (Banco Popular North America) (Rosemont, Illinois)
Rexam (Chicago, Buffalo Grove, Illinois)
Ricardo plc (Burr Ridge, Illinois)
Richelieu Foods (Elk Grove Village, Illinois)
Robert Bosch Corp. (Broadview, Illinois (automotive aftermarket); Mount Prospect, Illinois (production tools); Hoffman Estates, Illinois (Bosch Rexroth))
Rockwell Automation (Burr Ridge, Illinois)
SAP AG (Downers Grove, Illinois)
Schneider Electric (Palatine, Illinois)
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics (U.S. headquarters: Deerfield, Illinois)
Siemens Medical Solutions (Hoffman Estates, Illinois)
Smithfield Foods (Armour-Eckrich Meats LLC) (Lisle and St. Charles, Illinois)
Southwest Airlines (Chicago Midway International Airport)
SSAB North America (Lisle, Illinois)
STMicroelectronics (Schaumburg, Illinois)
Subaru of America (Regional Office - Central) (Itasca, Illinois)
Subaru Industrial Power Products (Robin) (Lake Zurich, Illinois)
Sumitomo Corporation of America (Rosemont, Illinois)
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company (U.S. headquarters: Deerfield, Illinois)
Toshiba America (Arlington Heights; Buffalo Grove; Chicago Loop; Rolling Meadows)
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (Aurora and Naperville, Illinois)
Tyco International (Tyco Electrical & Metal Products) (Harvey, Illinois)
UBS AG
Unilever (Home & Personal Care North America) (Chicago)
UPS (CACH) (Hodgkins, Illinois)
UOP LLC, a subsidiary of Honeywell (Des Plaines, Illinois)
U.S. Steel (Gary Works) (Gary, Indiana)
Willis Group Holdings (Chicago Loop - Willis Tower, Schaumburg, Illinois)
XL Capital (Chicago Loop, Schaumburg, Illinois)
Yaskawa Electric Corporation (Waukegan, Illinois)
ZF Friedrichshafen (Vernon Hills, Illinois)
Zurich Financial Services (Schaumburg, Illinois)
[edit]
Wisconsin does make acceptable cheese products and has pretty little cows to look at. I like the lakes and forests too.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 5:58pm
john b , excuse me... one would assume you LIVED in WI. of coarse your location says.. The Cyberdock ... didnt realize that was in IL. (You love doing that, dont you.)

What I read about IL business climate is not the best. ... of coarse there are two other states worse than us.

btw, we have a whopping 15,000 in our town... Sometimes, its still too big.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 7:41pm
I have family in Eau Claire; and all I'm sayin is-give the people the facts and a choice...

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 8:28pm

john b , excuse me... one would assume you LIVED in WI. of coarse your location says.. The Cyberdock ... didnt realize that was in IL. (You love doing that, dont you.)

What I read about IL business climate is not the best. ... of coarse there are two other states worse than us.

No need to excuse yourself, I didn't make it clear. I listed the Cyberdock only because I split my time between a few places. About 4-5 months north of the cheddar curtain, 6 months in Chicago, and the rest spent between Victoria, BC, Canada, some time in Hilton Head each year, and a bit of FL thrown in. I now do all of my boating in WI, so I guess I really should list that as my location.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 9:22pm
The unions really miscalculated on this. They wanted to punish walker, and make sure no politician ever went up against them again. Instead they gave the republicans a year and a half to refine and test their message right before a big election. They also blew a lot of money. If Romney doesn't jump on this band wagon he is crazy. It just goes to show what happens when you offer a true conservative alternative instead of offering up RINO's.
1987 Ski Nautique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 11:19pm
I wonder what the bar traffic is like in Dane county? It could go ether way??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2012 at 11:43pm
John, Google companies leaving Illinois and you will find another long list. They all seem to site an inhospitable business climate. Look at Detroit for your future. That is what Walker just saved Wisconsin from (for the time being).

1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 6>
  Share Topic