NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wisconsin Re-call Elections Next Tuesday

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

It will probably have to go to the Supreme Court.

That would be great if it is over ruled since it would set a trend in the system and other states!!   

Guess what, way back I was a union member! That's when I learned the "blood sucking" term!! Unions were great back in the early days when they were protecting workers from unfair working conditions and wages. It's gone the opposite now and the only reason for them is to support the actual union officials. Case in point is their own personal med insurance supported by the teachers! We know where that went!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2012 at 5:43pm
Boy those union workers wouldnt like it in these "Right to work states".
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 1:20pm
Just a thought, Pete.
If a Wisconsin teacher making the average Wisconsin teachers salary somehow was able to put 20% down on your primary house in what you describe as the "low rent district", their entire salary after taxes (30% like most of us) wouldn't cover the mortgage.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 4:48pm
Maybe if they worked 12 months out of the year like the rest of us instead of 9 they would have less to complain about. By the way the starting teachers working 9 moths a year are making about what I make in 12, and they get to retire at 50 vs. me maybe never. Did someone force them to go into teaching when they really wanted to be a rich wall street person? We all make our choices.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Maybe if they worked 12 months out of the year like the rest of us instead of 9 they would have less to complain about. By the way the starting teachers working 9 moths a year are making about what I make in 12, and they get to retire at 50 vs. me maybe never. Did someone force them to go into teaching when they really wanted to be a rich wall street person? We all make our choices.

You're right. They made their choices based on the agreement that the government had offered them. They had faith that the government would stand behind their obligations / promises. This failure to recognize and honor prior promises is epidemic in the business climate today.
Why you would choose an occupation that offers no retirement and may require you to work for the rest of your life is a mystery to me. I really enjoy being retired.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 5:20pm
John, I have made choices that made sense at the time but did not provide well for my retirement, You always think times are tough now but I will make it up later. I am currently 50 and have five and seven year old daughters to put through school. Good thing I like to work. The point is that the unions playing Robin Hood to give to government workers are in many cases stealing from the poor to give to the rich. Exactly what have the teachers been offered that was taken from them? They have been payed in full for all their past contracts, but that is no guarantee of what a future contract must be. Things change, the economy has tanked, and private sector employees who pay for the government employees have suffered greatly. To think government is immune is selfish. What happened to sharing the burden like I here the left talk about all the time?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 5:34pm
If all of the teachers in Wisconsin worked for free with no benefits it would only decease the school budget by 28%.

Wisconsin teacher salaries vs. total education expenditures
Total Expenditures: $10,281,635,082
Teacher Expenditures: $2,975,413,824
Percent Spent on Teachers: 28.9 %
Source : National Education Association (nea.org), National Center for Education Statistics (nces.ed.gov), 2011
One of the biggest expenditures is transportation. Why don't the parents take responsibility for getting their kids to school or pay the costs of transportation. The school district is not a bus company.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2012 at 6:27pm
So?????? Lets just double there salaries then if they are inconsequential. Every dollar counts, and they are OUR dollars. I agonize over my families budget, I just want a government that has the same respect for the money they spend.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 2:45am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

If all of the teachers in Wisconsin worked for free with no benefits it would only decease the school budget by 28%.

Wisconsin teacher salaries vs. total education expenditures
Total Expenditures: $10,281,635,082
Teacher Expenditures: $2,975,413,824
Percent Spent on Teachers: 28.9 %
Source : National Education Association (nea.org), National Center for Education Statistics (nces.ed.gov), 2011
One of the biggest expenditures is transportation. Why don't the parents take responsibility for getting their kids to school or pay the costs of transportation. The school district is not a bus company.

Okay, lets see. I know you love lots of facts and figures to provide a very convincing argument. I think I can convince you that this new ruling by the activist judge is sending Wisconsin in the wrong direction using one word.

That Word: Illinois

You have seen what over-promising to the public sector unions has done to our finances right here in Illinois over the past 40 or 50 years. Why on earth would you wish that on Wisconsin, or any other state?   

The state of Illinois is in debt $83 Billion for unfunded pension liabilities. These so-called government promises are totally unsustainable. Someone needs to be the adult in the room and say so. Promises have been made that we can no longer afford to honor. Unfortunately, thats just the way it is. Do you truly and honestly think Illnois will dig out of the debt we are in based on these unfunded pensions?    
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2012 at 3:39am
Better bone up on your facts on the state of Wisconsin pension fund.

Sheesh. Don't let facts stand in your way.
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
  Share Topic