NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wisconsin Re-call Elections Next Tuesday

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wisconsin Re-call Elections Next Tuesday
    Posted: June-02-2012 at 5:13pm
Not sure if any of you have been following the crazy Wisconsin politics over the past 1 1/2 years. They are trying to recall the current Republican governor due to his efforts to reform government spending and public sector unions.

The big election is coming up this next Tuesday, June 5th. It will be interesting to see if the voters want to stay on the path of reforms or go back to the way things were. We shall see next Tuesday!

It's funny, Obama flew right over Wisconsin yesterday on a trip to Minneapolis, and Chicago. He didn't even stop in Wisconsin to rally the troops trying to recall the governor. Makes one wonder why??
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2012 at 8:40pm
He'll be associated with a loosing effort soon enough.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2012 at 10:05pm
I had a long day with Obama in town yesterday. Its hard to get much done with one hand guarding your wallet all day!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2012 at 10:09pm
You think it's hard Dave? When you here in Illinois you don't have enough hands even if he's not in town
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2012 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

Exactly right! He wanted to spare himself the embarrassment when Wisconsin votes Walker back in.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

Exactly right! He wanted to spare himself the embarrassment when Wisconsin votes Walker back in.

I sure hope that's how it will turn out. Driving up north and back for the Memorial weekend, about half of the drive is through smaller towns. The keep Walker signs were "wall to wall" in them.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2012 at 10:47pm
Be sure and get the vote out up there, the other side will, and probably more than once.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 1:50am
Yea, this Walker guy is doing one bang up job. Wisconsin has lost more jobs than any other state since he took office.
It doesn't really matter to me though. Wisconsin is just a backwards bastion of hilljacks. No wonder the Grand Drag-on of the KKK lives in the Wisconsin north woods.( really, there is still a KKK, all 12 of them)
It does make a good playground for me, but as far as their politics it is a comedy.
Everyone up here has a gun in their pocket too. I had pizza out a couple of weeks ago and struck up a conversation with a drunk guy (but very friendly) at the bar. He told me to come outside because he wanted to show me something. He reached into his car and pulled out a .380 and handed it to me. As I was handling it a guy comes out of the bar and says "wait a minute" and runs to his car. He comes back with a Glock 9mm. In a short time another drunk guy from the bar joins the group and whips out his AMT .45 he has been carrying in the bar. Seems they are all afraid of something up here, maybe zee Germans?

Passing guns among drunks who may be unfamiliar with the make and model is really silly.

http://www.mndaily.com/blogs/newsstand/2012/04/25/wisconsin-loses-more-jobs-any-other-state-past-year
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 2:37am
Yah, hey dehr John (as said in my best Northwoods accent)! Not sure you have heard, but, there have been something like 50 shootings and 10 deaths here in Chicago alone in the past week or so. I think I will take my chances on a few drunk's in the northwoods vs. 25 miles from my own front door.

By the way, Walker took Wisconsin from a budget deficeit to a budget surplus, and has created appx 23,000 jobs since he took office, and brought property taxes down. He has Wisconsin going in the right direction....in my opinion. We need a guy like him that has the testicular fortitude to be President. The guy in the office right now could take a few lessons.

Bravo Mr. Walker!!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 4:01am
Brought property taxes down? For who? My WI property taxes went up, how about yours? Wisconsin was also last in the nation in job creation. 50th out of 50. How's that? Not that I think the dufus running against him is any better.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 4:29am
And here is your balanced budget. Higher taxes, more debt. Where have you been reading about a balanced budget?

The state prepares annual projections on whether taxes and other sources of money will be enough to pay off the spending approved in the current budget. An October 2011 report predicted a $72.7 million surplus, but since then projected tax collections have dropped by $272.8 million. Combined with other decreases in anticipated revenue, the state would be $143.2 million short when the current budget expires at the end of June 2013, according to the Legislative Fiscal Bureau.
The projected tax collections dropped after economic forecasts became more pessimistic. Also, revenues are expected to decrease because of changes in state law that could result in higher income tax returns this year compared with last year and law changes that could reduce corporate income and franchise tax collections.
Under state law, the governor’s office is required to submit a bill to balance the budget if there is a significant shortfall. The administration is considering ways to balance the ledger, such as refinancing or restructuring debt, according to the fiscal bureau report.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 4:39am
Wisconsin is only state to lose jobs six straight months

By      ASSOCIATED PRESS
            Monday, March 5, 2012

Wisconsin desperately needs new jobs.

Alone among the 50 states, it has lost private-sector jobs for six straight months, raising the political and economic stakes of the next jobs report, due Thursday.

Even feeble job creation would bring a sense of relief to a recession-weary state and a pro-business governor who campaigned on a promise to add 250,000 new private-sector jobs in his current term.

“The rest of the nation is moving upwards. We’re one of the few states moving downward. There’s something wrong,” said economist Steven Deller of UW-Madison.

The United States as a whole has added private-sector jobs 23 months in a row, including almost a half million jobs in the past two months.

But Wisconsin has been moving in the opposite direction, a trend that not only threatens Gov. Scott Walker’s campaign promise but could cloud any message of economic renewal as the state heads into a recall election.

For a full story, read Monday’s Gazette, read online in the Gazette’s E-Edition or check back at GazetteXtra.com.

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 5:20am
It must be just a coincidence then that Wisconsin has moved from 41st to 20th in the best states to do business in according to Chief Executive Magazine in the past two years....since Walker has been governor. The worst states were California, New York, Illinois, Michigan, Taxachusetts. Starting to see a common thread?

There are many erroneous facts and figures being thrown around on this issue It all depends on what you want to believe I suppose. Let's take jobs for example. The Democrats were claiming that Walker had a loss of 30,000 jobs. That was because they only polled 3% of business. But, when the polling was complete, Wisconsin had actually gained 23,000 jobs officially according the Federal numbers just released over the past week or so.

Wisconsin Moves from 41st to 20th in Best State to Do Business
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 6:16am
Wow, Chief Executive.net. The final authority! My daughters boyfriends online bicycle magazine, tenspeedhero.com, has a larger circulation than Chief Executive Magazines 42,000. Didn't they write that article on space aliens posing as CFOs.It was just before the article that told you my Wisconsin property taxes went down.
Based on the depressed housing market I was informed by the assessors office that the assessed value of my Wisconsin property had decreased. Rather than decreasing my taxes they increased the multiplier driving my taxes higher than they were before on a property with reduced value. My Illinois property taxes did go down however.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 8:42am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Brought property taxes down? For who? My WI property taxes went up, how about yours? Wisconsin was also last in the nation in job creation. 50th out of 50. How's that? Not that I think the dufus running against him is any better.

John,
Mine went down 10% It depends on what school district you are in. Here's what happened under the Walker regime: He passed a bill that allowed each district to go out in the private sector and purchase medical insurance. Previously, the districts were required to purchase all the med insurance through the unions. Guess what was found out. The exact same policy was thousands cheaper since the unions were charging extra $$$$. Funny but that sure didn't surprise me!!!! I believe there were only 3 districts in the state that stuck with the union purchased medical.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 12:55pm
Another interesting factoid is that public union membership has gone down dramatically since Walker's reforms. It used to be mandatory that public union members dues were automatically taken from their government paycheck and sent directly to the unions.

Walker stopped that practice, and said that if an individual wanted to be a member of a public union, they could pay it out of their own pocket, but, thte state would no longer automatically do the unions dirty work for them.

Guess what.....public union membership has dropped like a rock since individuals now have a choice as to whether or not they want to be in a union. A summary is as follows:

"The Wisconsin branch of the American Federation of Teachers has lost some 6,000 of its 17,000 members. And membership in the state’s chapter of AFSCME has plummeted from nearly 63,000 to just 29,000 in just one year."

Full article here.......

Political Happenings in Wisconsin Including Union Membership
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 3:11pm

Walker is Jon Doe, right?

Recall fails, Milwaukee county might have the criminal in cuffs before he can celebrate too much so don't get too excited just yet.

What a Scumbag. ANd you talk about wasted tax dollars, this ***************e used the same tax dollars to buy his own seat, and you think that is ok just because you follow his party.

Talk about Chicago style politics.

Somebody needs to get folks working again with money to burn. The poker tables have been so depressing, my retirement is imminent. Maybe I need to spend more time in Tunica, they are "right to work", so that must be where the money flows.
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 5:29pm

Another interesting factoid is that public union membership has gone down dramatically since Walker's reforms. It used to be mandatory that public union members dues were automatically taken from their government paycheck and sent directly to the unions.

Walker stopped that practice, and said that if an individual wanted to be a member of a public union, they could pay it out of their own pocket, but, thte state would no longer automatically do the unions dirty work for them.

Guess what.....public union membership has dropped like a rock since individuals now have a choice as to whether or not they want to be in a union. A summary is as follows:

"The Wisconsin branch of the American Federation of Teachers has lost some 6,000 of its 17,000 members. And membership in the state’s chapter of AFSCME has plummeted from nearly 63,000 to just 29,000 in just one year."

Full article here.......

Political Happenings in Wisconsin Including Union Membership

As usual, you missed the other parts and conformed the story to meet your goal.

No, kidding, membership dropped.

That is the most obvious comment I have ever heard.    

So then, that was the goal, drop union membership? You have to say yes, yuck.     I thought Jon Doe told me something else on the campaign trail.    
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 5:59pm
I bet those that need the money now sure appreciate having a choice!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 6:07pm
I think the purpose was to control government spending, the unions just happened to be the ones spending the governments money. I thought wall-street greed was the root of all evil, but the school districts are finding health care cheaper in the private sector than from the mandated union policy. Unions that are supposed to be looking for the little guy. The fact is greed is everywhere, it is human nature and the only hope is to keep it in check, and as proven here again it is competition that creates a check and leads to efficiency and innovation. Give someone a monopoly and you get bloat waste and fraud.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 9:36pm
The "John Doe" that OOW is referring to is a charge that Walker's staffer's campaigned using govt computers while he was the Milwaukee County executive several years ago (or something close to that....OOW can expound I am sure). OH MY GOD!!!! He is such a criminal!! What's next, are they going to bring up the jay-walking charge he got when he was in high school? Is the John Doe thing all you got?

So, union membership is dropping at the hand of Walker. All he changed was the fact that the state would no longer confiscate the dues from the members and give it to the unions. They members now have to pay directly to the unions. It seems many union members didn't really find the value of being in the union, and they would rather have that money to spend as they see fit.

Its also very interesting that the thing that got the recall started was that the unions were furious with Walker for making them pay just a little bit toward their own retirement funds and healthcare insurance. My god, I would give my rigth arm to have the bennies the public union folks get....even after the reforms. So, it was the union reforms that started everything.   But, isn't it interesting that they are not campaigning on that issue? Not one word has been said about that because the Dems know the public ain't buying it. But, thank god they got the "John Doe" situation, and quite possibly the jay-walking charges too.

By the way, had a lovely day today on Delavan Lake in Scott Walker's home town.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 9:53pm
I was kind of wondering about what that was. Sounds like stuff I get from most anyone above the county commissioner to remind me they are there. That's a pretty grey area around that line of campaign or not for those in office.

Anyone gotten one of the mailers about which of your neighbors voted in the last couple of elections yet?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2012 at 10:07pm

What a shame. If the trend continues, the leaches running the unions will have to find someone else to prey on to make their money.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 3:33am

The "John Doe" that OOW is referring to is a charge that Walker's staffer's campaigned using govt computers while he was the Milwaukee County executive several years ago (or something close to that....OOW can expound I am sure). OH MY GOD!!!! He is such a criminal!! What's next, are they going to bring up the jay-walking charge he got when he was in high school? Is the John Doe thing all you got?   My god, I would give my rigth arm to have the bennies the public union folks get....even after the reforms. So, it was the union reforms that started everything.   But, isn't it interesting that they are not campaigning on that issue? Not one word has been said about that because the Dems know the public ain't buying it. But, thank god they got the "John Doe" situation, and quite possibly the jay-walking charges too.

By the way, had a lovely day today on Delavan Lake in Scott Walker's home town.

Two things to consider David. Instead of giving your right ARM, why don't you just apply for one of the more than 600 Wisconsin teacher jobs posted online right now. Keep the right arm AND get those bennies too. I am sure they would hire you with your qualifications. Go ahead, ride the gravy train if you think you can.
Also, your opinion on what laws should be enforced and which should be disregarded is of no interest to a prosecutor. He is sworn to uphold and enforce all laws under his jurisdiction. To fail to do so would be an omission and a violation of public trust. I became very tired of people who did not respect the laws of the country they profess to love very early in my career. Few take responsibility for their actions. I commonly told people:

No, I don't have anything better to do than arrest you for _________________.

Yes you did make my quota.

Most likely I will get that promotion now.

I know you pay my salary, here's you quarter back.

Here is my business card so you don't mis-spell my name when you sue me.

I think you are too late to kill me and my family when you get out, about 250 people have told me they are going to do it prior to you.

I hope you are not this disrespectful of the laws of our land. If there is a coming that he violated the law by using public property and taxpayer money for personal gain there should be a thorough investigation. The prospect of more than 1,000 illegal Walker emails is troubling too. If he did nothing wrong, the investigation will show that. If he violated a law he should be prosecuted at least as vigorously as anyone else being that he holds a position of public trust.
BTW, the statute of limitations ran out on that j-walking infraction I'm sure.
I am glad you had a good time out. Summer is here, time to enjoy it. Isn't Lake Delevan a shallow weedy lake? When you fly over it it looks kinda nasty.

wingwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 11:06am
Pretty sad state to be subjected to a recall for actually following through on your campaign promises. What a waste of time and taxpayer money.
Thank you Wisconsin, for showing the rest of the country just how strong a hold some unions have on our government.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 11:47am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Also, your opinion on what laws should be enforced and which should be disregarded is of no interest to a prosecutor. He is sworn to uphold and enforce all laws under his jurisdiction. To fail to do so would be an omission and a violation of public trust. I became very tired of people who did not respect the laws of the country they profess to love very early in my career. Few take responsibility for their actions. I commonly told people:

John....then you should be highly interested in what Kris Barrett, the wife of Milwaukee Mayor, Tom Barrett (who is Walker's opponent in the recall race) has been up to. While she was a Milwaukee Public School teacher, it seems she had a few issues with campaigning for her husband while on school (let that read while on GOVERNMENT time).

So, I am sure you will be in favor of her being charged as well? Although her husband, the Mayor of Milwaukee, and Walker's opponent say's what she did isn't really bad. A bit hypocritical if you ask me.

See What Governor Walker's Opponent's Wife Has Been Up To On Government Time/Computers
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 12:11pm
This was in our paper this morning. Hard to argue facts and logic with George Will.

http://www.pressherald.com/opinion/wisconsin-progressive-labor-interests-throwing-epic-tantrum_2012-06-04.html
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 12:38pm
John, I would have never guessed you weren't all smiles when you were working.   I'm sure you must be very impressed with Eric Holder's even hand when it comes to his prosecutions since he became AG.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2012 at 1:19pm

[QUOTE=john b]   

John....then you should be highly interested in what Kris Barrett, the wife of Milwaukee Mayor, Tom Barrett (who is Walker's opponent in the recall race) has been up to. While she was a Milwaukee Public School teacher, it seems she had a few issues with campaigning for her husband while on school (let that read while on GOVERNMENT time).

If there is a complaint or suspicion that she violated the law there should be an investigation. I am not familiar with Wisconsin law on the issue, but in Illinois, unless she is elected to the position there would be no specific violation of law for performing personal business on company time that I am aware of, since she holds no public office or powers of arrest. I am aware of an investigation of a municipal employee in the town where I worked who my department charged with theft (his salery) for doing personal work on village time. The case was lost at trial. It was not my case. Normally recourse for employees is limited to termination.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2012 at 1:44am
Dave, enjoy.the day tomorrow. Vote once for me.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic