NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2006 air nautique clarion upgrade advice

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
scottsims1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2006 air nautique clarion upgrade advice
    Posted: June-12-2012 at 11:03pm
I have an 05 air. We are in the water swimming a lot and wondered if anyone has installed a remote or something mounted on the stern to control channel or volume... I have the factory clarion with iPod hookup and all the bells... Any advice????
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 11:17pm
Well if you don't have an issue drilling into your boat then go for it. My thoughts are if the stereo gets outdated, then your stuck with a hockey puck on the back. Why not consider the Clarion Bluetoooth kit? Then you can control the radio from the dock.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 11:32pm
But then how would I control the radio from the water?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 12:10am
Who uses a radio anymore? That's what your iPhone or Itouch is for.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 12:29am
So lead me down the rabbit hole. I have the iPhone hookup which is a red and white aux input that I plug into a cord then into the iPhone. Problem is only plays sound on half the speakers. So anyhow, that is an issue in itself. Still doesn't help control anything from the water, but cheeses the wife off good...
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 12:55am
Originally posted by scottsims1 scottsims1 wrote:

So lead me down the rabbit hole. I have the iPhone hookup which is a red and white aux input that I plug into a cord then into the iPhone. Problem is only plays sound on half the speakers. So anyhow, that is an issue in itself. Still doesn't help control anything from the water, but cheeses the wife off good...

Hmmm, I"m thinking the wrong cable. Does your radio audio head take the standard 3.5mm audio jack? If so, you just need the 3.5mm male to male audio cable. One end in the iPhone, one in the faceplate and you're good to go.

IF you think the cable you have is correct for the stereo you have, check that Mono Audio is not turned on at the iPhone. Settings > General > Accessibility.... scroll down and you'll see Mono Audio.

Report back

Ultra
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 1:16am
Or you can get the Clarion "Bluetooth" kit and ditch the wires and control the stereo from anywhere within 50ft. Think they are @ $35 bucks. No wires no mess.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 1:35am

My radio doesn't have the jack on it, the red white plugs are on the side of the box closest to the driver seat but still in the radio compartment. So The plug I have a red and white side and the other side is the male that goes into the iPhone earphone plug. You guys are awesome, wish I knew as much as you all do about this stuff...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 12:34pm
Ultra may be on to something, seem to remember having the same problem just can't remember if it was a deck or ipod setting. The (2) factory rca's into headphone jack should work fine otherwise.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 12:49pm
perhaps the red or the white is not connected somewhere between the white box and back of radio or you are not plugging the mini plug all the way into the ipod
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 1:12pm
There's no chance of this being a four channel amp you are plugging into, and the Red and White are only covering two channels?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 1:33pm
Bri, you may have nailed it. It does have an amp, ot sure if it is 2 or 4 channels. It appears to be a factory install thoug...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 1:35pm
the red and white in the glove box should be inputs to the headunit, amp or no amp
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 1:43pm
sorry for all the typ-o's, new ipad and I have fat fingers!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by scottsims1 scottsims1 wrote:

sorry for all the typ-o's, new ipad and I have fat fingers!

I'm sure there's an app for that.LOL
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 1:58pm
So.. back to the original post... What is the best way to control the radio from the water? Is there a waterproof snake or something? A waterproof remote would be SWEET... I looked at the bluetooth, but it would end up getting wet..
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 2:01pm
lets see a pic or model number of the stereo.. I might have the cables and remote for it sitting new in the box on my shelf.. requires a hole and are generally NLA but works nice.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 2:05pm
HW is correct, factory RCA's would go to the deck.
I really think the IPod setting above is it, if not there could be a deck setting that needs to be tweeked. I would suggest checking your RCA cables, also seem to remember having to adjust those somehow.

Scott, if your boat is a Team Edition or factory install it most likely has 6 Polk cabin speakers, 1 Polk Sub under the observer seat storage & a clarion amp there as well. Factory install usually had the amp pushing the sub and 4 rear speakers, bow speakers ran directly from the deck.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 2:12pm
It has the 6 polk momo's, it has an amp and a infinity sub. The clarion deck has a fold down front to get to the CD bay and as I recall, the settings are all preloaded. I think you have like five selections (I use Excite). I am looking for the stock number, It is an 2005, 206 Limited.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 2:33pm
CDM 5 or CDM 6
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 2:37pm
So are you one of those people that only like to listen to the first 20 seconds of every song?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 2:41pm
No, I like to listen to it all. We dont play CDs all that much. Radio or Rhapsody on the iphone. Where can I go look for the exact Clarion model, other than the dock? I looked at all the CDMs and none of those are mine.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 2:44pm
Have you checked the output setting like ultrarunner suggested?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 2:50pm
If it is the stock deck (XMD3) you won't be able to control ANY I-Device functions from the deck or it's remote(s), been there done that.

Volume via deck - playlist, etc. via I-Device
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 2:57pm
YES, that is my model!!
http://www.randolphemporium.com/clarion-xmd3.jpg

So I have the remote on my dash, Im looking for a wireless remote for the water... Again I have the AUX whote/red input jacks on the wall of the compartment and the iphone plays only the passenger side of the 6 speakers...
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 3:02pm
I am guessing this one wont work, but this is exactly what I am looking for..
http://www.nulime.com/marine-wireless-remote/p1082369
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 3:17pm
You may look into a new Marine headunit, that comes with a wireless or has a wireless option. Look at Crutchfield.com etc.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2012 at 9:05pm
Looks like you are on Lake Norman. Go see Weezy at Wake Noize.His shop is one door down from Race City Marine in Mooresville / Doolie, NC.

WaveNoize Custom Boat Audio and Lighting Installations ...
wavenoize.comCustom Boat Audio & Lighting Installations. 123 Doolie Road, Mooresville, NC 28117 Phone: (704) 682-6177 Email: wavenoize@gmail.com

Weezy can lead you down the correct path.

Donald
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsims1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 12:53pm
Thanks Donald, Matt at Race City is my guy, I swear by him. Honest and fair. Plus, if I just need average advice, he ALWAYS gives it to me straight. I have seen the shop next to him, always jammes with business which should = he is as good as Matt..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic