Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My father-in law the cheapest guy around!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My father-in law the cheapest guy around!!
    Posted: June-14-2012 at 10:25pm
My dad and my father-in law were pretty much exact opposites when it came down to buying. My dad would go for the very best even if the item had to be special ordered he would do it. My FIL would do the opposite even if it meant driving around for a half day to get the "best deal"!!! My dads philosophy transferred down to me and is the reason I always shop for the best(yes, lot's of Sanp-on in my cabinet!!). In the long run I really fell it pays off and I just ran into a perfect example. The garden hose my dad bought in 1965 (I know he did it because I went with him to the hardware store to by it when we moved into the new house!!) Anyway, that was back in 1965 but, the very best in it's day!!!! My FIL's cheap vinyl garden hose only lasted 5 years max!! I always wondered why he wanted to complely drain the hose over winter!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 1:02am
I have champagne taste but unfortunately I only have a beer budget
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 7:55am
Originally posted by dochockey dochockey wrote:

I have champagne taste but unfortunately I only have a beer budget

+1
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 3:03pm
Pete,   Do you realize what this means !?
Your hose is 16 and a half years older than your impeller.

But seriously,   My 1986 hose was stolen, so I had to go out and buy a 1987 hose (high quality) so then I realized I needed another 40 feet, so I went looking for the exact same hose, no one had them in stock and I didn't really have the time to special order one, so, had to opt-out for the 1988 cheap crap vinyl 40 footer. So now my '88 has a pin hole that spews out a fine mist if I don't turn off the knob at the side of the house.

What color is your '65 hose ?   Red, Black or Green ?
Do you also use the old-school brass nozzle ?

I have 2, one standard size brass nozzle, then I found the smaller version so I bought it also.

mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Pete,   Do you realize what this means !?
Your hose is 16 and a half years old.

But seriously,   My hose was stolen, so I had to go out and buy a 1987 hose (high quality) so then I realized I needed another 40 feet So now mine has a pin hole that spews out a fine mist if I don't turn off the knob.

What color is your hose ?   Red, Black or Green ?
Do you also use the old-school ass nozzle ?

I have 2, one standard size ass nozzle, then I found the smaller version so I bought it also.

You guys, talking about your hoses. Don't you normally tease Q for this type of thing?
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 8:48pm
Mine is pink with some purple on the end
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Mine is pink with some purple on the end

Hopefully it doesn't turn other colors on it's end. Per CQ, you do have a tenacity to put it where you really shouldn't!!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

What color is your '65 hose ?   Red, Black or Green ?
Do you also use the old-school brass nozzle

Al,
The old hose is black. The Color of all the good true rubber hoses!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2012 at 12:00am
Two rubbers go into a gay bar. One rubber says to the other rubber, "you know this is a gay bar", other rubber Says, "Oh yeah we are going to get sh**-faced tonite"
Tastless and hope not to offend but that is funny
Lakedog55
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 8:54am
I bought my 100' of black rubber hose in 1977 for our Sears house when I got married. It is still like new AND has a very old brass nozzle on it. I am sure it will outlast me. Being that I have only one hose, I have instructed my executor to cut it in half and have new high quality fittings installed on each piece so each of my heirs can experience the exileration of watering with a classic high quality black rubber garden hose. I have a cabinet with several old brass nozzles and sprinklers. The kids lawyers will have to fight it out for these. The other option is, one gets the hose, and one gets hosed. Or, one gets the hose, and the other gets the Mustang!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic