NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Obama's Amnesty Move!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 5678>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 3:24am
What John, you think they pulled up roots because taxes became to low and the government employees were not getting enough benefits?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 4:19am
No, more like they could give a *************** less about us Wisconsinites, and the nation that has bought the products which made them successful in the first place, and moving to where the profit margins are so large, evade the taxes and still make yet more money. Thereby screwing the American people, and exploiting other humans.

Whew, yeah it is his fault. If he is responsible for creating the jobs, he can be accountable for the ones he allows to leave. Just another example of being blind to the truth.

By the way, GE is not the only example of jobs draining from this fine state. So many more have left and many more are planning the move.

You still want this jerk in MN, you can have him. I am tired of Fitzwalkerstan better describing Wisconsin, than Wisconsin.
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 4:22am
Walker:
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 4:36am
Dave,

Your position on ACA is funny. I know you well enough to know your position on "welfare".

On the one hand you are sick of supporting those who don't have a job, but when it comes to healthcare you have no problem putting the 20 year olds emergency care on the backs of the rest of us in the form of higher premiums.

In the case of the 20 year old you cited on the last page, that cannot afford the premiums, what do you think the ACA is about?   If he is working and affording a car and the other things, why can he not contribute to his healthcare? Where is the "welfare" argument here.

Your right about being a state issue. In a perfect example
But, the states are not doing what needs to be done. They can talk in circles, but cost still go up, and we know why too.   

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 4:44am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

OK OOW, I have seen that one before, but it is still funny every time I see it.
BTW, I am very jealous. I saw your name on the GL mini. I so wanted to go, but we invited some guests up to the cottage last winter, and they chose that week. I hope to be able to get to one sometime this year, maybe out east. I would like to caress some fine vintage FRP while enjoying tubesteak and iced tea.

Well if I am on the list, there is a mistake. Ill head over there and see for myself.

I want to go in the worst way, and ironically I was checking the thread out tonight with my wife and I almost was able to commit, but at this point I am not able to. Commit that is.

If we are able to go, it would be a day trip only. I am headed to what I think is my last "pro" trip to Vegas on the 10th, returning on the 15th, and as of late, the trips take alot of energy.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 10:54am

Walker:
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

Quote by Oscar Wilde: Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I guess you have no real argument since you used this one twice. You forgot Its Bushes fault, Its Europe's economy, its Japans earthquake, Its ATM's. But those were really said.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 11:03am

Dave,

Your right about being a state issue. In a perfect example
But, the states are not doing what needs to be done. They can talk in circles, but cost still go up, and we know why too.   

Yes it is a states issue, period. Inactivity does not change that. Costs are rising now and it is because of Obama tax. We are supposed to make it better. There is no history to support that making it a Fed program has any hope of accomplishing that.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 11:37am

Whew, yeah it is his fault. If he is responsible for creating the jobs, he can be accountable for the ones he allows to leave. Just another example of being blind to the truth.

By the way, GE is not the only example of jobs draining from this fine state. So many more have left and many more are planning the move.

You can blame walker for them leaving the state, but you have to blame Obama just the same for them leaving the country. If he is responsible for creating the jobs, he can be accountable for the ones he allows to leave.

1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 11:47am
Guys......Back on the GE move issue, that is an old story. I remember hearing about that announcement at least a year ago, mmaybe more. They are only moving the HQ of the X-Ray tubes overseas. They have long had operations in China, India, and France. Only high end specialty tubes were being produced over here. So, all in all, the issue of the X-Ray division moving is a tempest in a teapot.

Now, if they (GE) had announced they were moving GE Healthcare out of Milwaukee (Waukesha), that would be a REAL story. That is the BIG division that makes all the CT and PET scanners. The X-Ray tube division supplies the tubes that go in the scanners, as well as tubes in good old fashioned X-ray machines. So, this move has nothing to do with the whole Walker thing. HOwever, I do admit that it does look very hypocritical on Immelt's (and Obama's) part moving jobs out of the country period when he is Obama's "jobs czar". That's a laugher!

I still love the tv clip when Immelt and Obama all got a good chuckle over the issue of "shovel ready jobs not being that shovel ready"....HA HA HA HA!

However, we do live a global world, and sometimes, jobs and HQ's are going to be moved. It's not like they moved out of Wisconsin to go to South Carolina or Indiana, which are right to work states.

In fact, I had read that several companies that were contemplating moves to, or expansion in Wisconsin wrote it in to their contracts that if Walker lost, the contracts would be null and void, and they would not end up coming to Wisconsin.

So, all in all, Walker has had a very positive influence in Wisconsin, and has got things going in the right direction. What he did will be a trend across the country. Look at what law makers in liberal southern California recently did to reverse public worker benefits because they just weren't sustainable over the long haul. Also, didn't Stockton, California just declare bankruptcy because public worker pensions and healthcare costs were just too high, and unsustainable?

Don't even get me going on Illinois. We have $83 Billion in unfunded public worker pension liability. Talk about drowning in debt.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Walker:

Quote by Oscar Wilde: Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I guess you have no real argument since you used this one twice. You forgot Its Bushes fault, Its Europe's economy, its Japans earthquake, Its ATM's. But those were really said.

I guess Oscar Wildest, contrary to almost everyone else, thought John Blushi was the lowest form of wit.
It also surprises me a little that you would follow the work of a convicted pedophile. You are much more tolerant than I thought.

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 2:00pm
You guys are so ready to bash you don't read. The guy Obama made the "Job Czar" is the one responsible for moving these jobs and funds to China. A real productive American job creating move making the guy in charge of creating jobs the one moving them out.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

You guys are so ready to bash you don't read. The guy Obama made the "Job Czar" is the one responsible for moving these jobs and funds to China. A real productive American job creating move making the guy in charge of creating jobs the one moving them out.

It appears you don't read these posts either. This was posted a while back with no suggestions.
Who would you pick? I too would appoint someone who has firsthand experience and knows the reasons companies are moving overseas. It seems Immelt could be a very effective advisor. Now we need to get these big companies paying their share. Remember, Immelt's fiduciary responsibility is to his shareholders. Didn't you also complain some time ago that O'Bama was appointing people with little business experience? Which way do you want it?

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 2:43pm

Remember, Immelt's fiduciary responsibility is to his shareholders.

He better get his arse in gear then. GE stock just languishes around $20. I am suprised he has been able to survive as long as he has as CEO.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 4:34pm
It's not doing badly. It's up about 40% since the end of last year when I bought some to do the year end portfolio restructuring. I can take that. I didn't expect a big fat company like GE to perform as well as it has in the last 6 months. It has been no AAPL or F, but its not very exciting either. I am VERY small time, no mega portfolios here, just something to live on in retirement, and keep the Mustang project moving forward.

BTW, The Waukesha GE X-Ray Division is not 115 years old, the facility was built in 1972

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 5:51pm
One year ago, GE was at around 19.00. Today it is 20.50. So, it all depends on when you bought it. You could have bougth any stock three at the rock bottom when the market knew Obama was about to get in office, and looked like a hero now. Just depends when you buy. In my opinion, GE stock is a big slug! But, like you say, it is a big fat company, and they don't move like smaller nimble companies like Apple, or others that have extremely HOT products.

Also, I think the building in question is not one of the facilities in Waukesha, but rather the facility on Electric Ave. over by Miller Park in Milwaukee. That is an old, old building. It will remain there and fully staffed. In fact, they just rebuilt parts of it.   
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 8:42pm
Yea man, you're right. A lot of money has been made since Obama took office. Bush and the ship of fools drove the DJIA right into the 8500 gutter from 12,000 where they inherited it. I was worried about my retirement then. With it sack in the mid to high 12,000s again it has been very good for investors, corporate, municipal, and public and retirement accounts.
Investing is ALWAYS a matter of when you buy and sell.

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 9:14pm
America is a very robust economy. It will always come back, and the less government meddling with it, the better. Just imagine what it will do when Romney gets elected.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 10:17pm
Based on the last five Republican presidents I can't wait to cast into the fires of economic hell once more. Maybe we can go to war for nothing again while we're at it.
Richard Nixon
Gerald Ford
Ronald Reagan
Bush 1
Bush 2
With the exception of Bush 1, I think Snookie could do better!
And Romney? I say throw him and his dead fetus money out of the country!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2012 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

You can blame walker for them leaving the state, but you have to blame Obama just the same for them leaving the country. If he is responsible for creating the jobs, he can be accountable for the ones he allows to leave.

Yep, there are a few issues I do not stand by Obama on, and this is one of them.   I have said that on this forum since I joined.

Walkers record, besides the crap davidg posts about Wisconsin moving in the right direction,   is far from pretty, and is a far cry from Obamas record and simply the truth as cited by everybody except those on the right. You chose Walker and Regan, I'll take Obama and his more progressive side.

I'm out on this thread. What a waste of too much time, even after pages upon pages of you and your like spewing inaccurate information, it still continues, on and on. Nice. Was fun at first but has turned into something so non-productive I am ashamed to admit I was here.

No hard feelings, but I'll be back when it takes a more positive progressive tune geared towards solutions, not blame.

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2012 at 10:37am
You should run for office. You seem to know just how things should be. You have all the amswers it would be an easy win. Please save us. You can't be this wonderful and not share! Your backround, knowledge, ideas and your views would unite us all and make this a Utopia. Please!
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2012 at 12:38pm
Must be a Wisconsin thing! This is reminiscent of the 14 Wisconsin senators. They didn't like what was happening in government when Walker was trying to reform the situation in that state, so they packed up their marbles and fled across the state line into Illinois and refused to participate in the process. I bet we can find OOW at the bar at the Holiday in Rockford, IL

Get back in here OOW! I can't believe you are so closed minded you don't want to hear all points of view. I thought that was a hallmark of progressives.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2012 at 2:32pm
They want diversity so long as they can pick and choose which diversity.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2012 at 3:56pm
Diversity as opposed to what? Intolerance? Maybe the Aryan Nation is the option you prefer? I had suspected this, but had avoided the overtones.
I too have spent way to much time here. I have had better arguments with a bot. 6-10 stock answers repeated endlessly without a point.
I hope you all retire happy, healthy, and wealthy in your water ski paradise on the lake, and you don't have to put up with any diversity in your neighborhood. In my opinion, lack of diversity = inbreeding. Good luck with that my friends.
I will be thinking of you while I enjoy my retirement, ok, that's a lie, I really won't think of you at all.
Toodles

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2012 at 1:55am

Diversity as opposed to what? Intolerance? Maybe the Aryan Nation is the option you prefer? I had suspected this, but had avoided the overtones.

Those are your words John. I was commenting on how liberals preach diversity and tolerance, but display some of the most venomous, hateful stereotyping speech if you do not agree with them. Such as labeling someone Aryan with no evidence to base the accusation on.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 2:55pm
Here is a little excerpt about how our teachers on the left demonstrate tolerance for diversity of thought.This is not FOX, but an AP story. One would hope that the main focus of a teachers convention might be teaching. The only way to avoid having our children indoctrinated by this group is to put them in a private school and pay for their education twice. What happened to it being about the children? Now its just about politics.This is really sad.

WASHINGTON (AP) — It had all the trappings of a re-election rally: thousands packing a convention center, Barack Obama T-shirts, videos celebrating the health care law, and a wall-size banner with encouraging messages to the incumbent president.

"You are our knight in shining armor — Sarah C., Norman, Okla.," read one inscription.

But this Obama love fest in Washington was not a campaign event. The nearly 9,000 gathered were teachers in town for the National Education Association's weeklong annual convention.

For the Republican teachers in attendance, the digs at their political views were impossible to overlook.

"What I don't like is the harassment going on for people to be an 'EFO' — an educator for Obama," said Maureen van Wagner, a special education teacher from Anchorage, Alaska.

In interviews with The Associated Press, roughly a dozen teachers who identified themselves as Republicans said they felt pressure from union leaders and the rank-and-file to support Obama's re-election — and felt marginalized when they wouldn't. Some interviewed said they were so worried about retribution from their colleagues that they wouldn't provide their names for publication.

National unions such as the NEA — it's the largest teachers union in the U.S. — have long been stalwart supporters of Democratic candidates, and to be effective, they must speak with a unified voice. But teachers, like other professional groups, are not monolithic in their political views, prompting inevitable tensions when the union mobilizes its political machine.

NEA leaders have been urging members to hold house parties to educate their friends about why Obama, who addressed the convention Thursday by telephone to thank teachers for their support, deserves a second term. So it wasn't really a surprise that the union showed its support for Obama so overtly at the convention. After all, 72 percent of delegates at last year's NEA convention voted to endorse Obama for re-election — the earliest the group has ever endorsed in a presidential election cycle.

But what did take Republican teachers off guard was the criticism they received for expressing support for Mitt Romney.

A Republican teacher speaking at the convention was booed for doing just that. The incident prompted NEA President Dennis Van Roekel to intervene, saying that everyone had the right to speak. And when the union invited delegates to the Democratic National Convention in September to a special meeting, no such invitations went out to delegates to the GOP convention until a Republican teacher complained to Van Roekel — an error the union said resulted from a missed newsletter deadline.

Then there were the T-shirts. Some Republicans said they were presented with NEA T-shirts featuring Obama's name — and that it felt like being forced to choose between their profession and their politics.

"I'm not here representing myself, I'm here representing other teachers," said Chris Cvijetic, a first-grade teacher and Republican from Palm Springs, Calif. "That's the only way I can get through the day."
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 3:24pm
Dave, all you had to do was look at the protests in Madison WI over the past year or two. Tens of thousands of teachers union people there protesting the changes that Walker was trying to incorporate. Its no secret the NEA is in the back pocket of the Democrates.

But, there is hope. Many teachers unions members are dropping out of the unions now that the government in WI doesn't automatically take members dues and funnel them to the unions. The way it is set up now is that if you want to be in the union, fine. You just have to send the check yourself. Guess what? Union membership is dropping like a rock. But, I am sure there are the hard core lefty teachers still out there that praise the "O" man.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 11:44am
Unions Claim Immigrants Exploit 'Dreamer' Policy

In a startling allegation, the president of the union representing Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers claimed illegal immigrants are "taking advantage" of a new directive allowing some undocumented residents who came to the U.S. as children to stay in the country. Union boss Chris Crane said the policy ends up allowing illegal immigrants to avoid detention without any proof -- particularly so-called "dreamers," or those illegal immigrants who would benefit under the "DREAM Act" proposal, which Congress has not passed but the administration has partially implemented.

I never saw this coming.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 12:03pm
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Department of Workforce Development reports that Wisconsin lost an estimated 11,700 private sector jobs in June and the unemployment rate rose to 7 percent.
The latest numbers reported Thursday show that the state's unemployment rate increased from 6.8 percent in May to 7 percent last month. That is still below the national rate of 8.2 percent.
The report shows job losses in most sectors, including construction, manufacturing, leisure and hospitality and other services.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 12:30pm
And yet three of our Wisconsin suppliers claim they can’t meet our increased demand due to the lack of available skilled workers? If you can weld or run any sort of machining center you would have a job in Wisconsin within days.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2012 at 2:10pm
Better look for some Illinois suppliers.
CHICAGO (IDES) -- The April unemployment rate fell for the eighth consecutive month to reach 8.7 percent, according to preliminary data released today by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES). The data is seasonally adjusted. The last time the rate was below 8.7 percent was February 2009 when it was 8.5 percent.
“April marks eight consecutive months of falling unemployment rates. In each of the past three months, Illinois has added, on average, 6,300 new jobs.” IDES Director Jay Rowell said. “Mild swings in the monthly data have been the hallmark of this recovery, and we expect that trend to continue.”
In March, Illinois added +9,800 jobs. The three-month moving average of job growth, which smoothes monthly movements, shows Illinois added +6,300 jobs across the time period.
Illinois has added +140,700 private sector jobs since January 2010 when job growth returned to Illinois after nearly two years of monthly losses. Since January 2010, leading growth sectors are Professional and Business Services (+77,100); Manufacturing (+36,700); and Educational and Health Services (+27,200). Government has lost the most jobs since January 2010, down -23,500.
Historically, the national unemployment rate is lower than the state rate. Only six times since January 2000 has the Illinois rate been lower than the nation’s. That period includes times of economic expansion and contraction.
 In April 2012, the number of unemployed individuals fell for the eighth consecutive month, decreasing ‑9,600 (-1.7 percent) to 571,500. Total unemployed has declined -181,300 (-24.1 percent) since January 2010 when the state unemployment rate peaked at 11.4 percent. The rate identifies those who are out of work and seeking employment. A person who exhausts benefits, or is ineligible, still will be reflected in the unemployment rate if they actively seek work.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 5678>
  Share Topic