NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Farewell and Greetings

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farewell and Greetings
    Posted: June-18-2012 at 1:56am
For those of you who missed a brief reference to this in Dip's recent thread about the ski tourney in Charlotte, I just moved to North Carolina, so I wanted to say so long to all the New England folks I had the pleasure of meeting at boat shows and reunions and say greetings to all the central NC folks I hope to cross paths with in the near future. I know I'll still be in touch with a lot of you New England guys on here, but will be less likely to run across you in person, always a highlight with CCFans.

It was a long haul getting down here. My wife and son moved down last fall when my son started school down here. It took me till now to find a job down here. It was a long sucky winter, but worth the wait. The good news was, we sold our house in MA back in December, so the path was clear to move down here as soon as the opportunity came up with no baggage left up there. Very happy to be here. Season was too short and I was a bit too far from the water up there.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 10:28am
That's great Larry . I hope you get settled right in down there. There definately is no shortage of CCF bums down there to hang with. My best to you and the family. I will look you up if I ever make it down that way. Enjoy your summer!

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 4:04pm
Larry,
Best wishes in the new place and work. Now that you've moved south, you will need to learn a new language!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 4:59pm
Congratulations again Larry. It must have been tough being split up, family wise. Will definitely miss you at the New England events, but glad you were able to get settled in.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 5:14pm
Welcome to God's Country.

Just do not tell people this is how we did it up North. That does not get a good response down here. LOL

We will have to get together sometime and drink a beer or two. We can teach you the new language easy enough. Just watch all of the Swamp People TV shows in a loop for one week and you should be good to go.

Also remember Jefferson Davis is our president and the Nation's Capital is in Richmond VA.

Donald
WAKE-up View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WAKE-up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 12:02am
Larry, i am glad to here that all has aligned and you are no longer making that 10hr "commute" i guess the tique will also be seeing a longer season you haven't missed much at the old pond as rainy weekends and chilly water tried the 2mm spring suit 2wks ago, 1 set and back into 3mm full
i hope NC becomes your new happy place
paul
Infinite5ths View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infinite5ths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 12:49am
You are only about 1hr 20min from me. I'm in Cary, typically on Jordan Lake reservoir.
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 1:04pm
Larry - Best of luck to you and the family in NC.
We'll miss seeing you at the boat shows and reunions, but - like you said - we'll still be in touch via CCF.
Hope you enjoy the longer season down there.
Take care!
Kyle

Mike - Nice 176!
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2012 at 8:07pm
Well Larry, you just went from being a Yankee to a Damn Yankee. The difference? A Yankee comes south, a Damn Yankee stays.
I hope to hook up with you again. Best of luck.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2012 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Larry,
Best wishes in the new place and work. Now that you've moved south, you will need to learn a new language!

Now Pete--- Why Ya'll wanta say he's fixin to leern a new speakin vocabulary? He ain't gotta leern nuttin! Just member to wear a T-Shirt when the twister comes thru the trailer park

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic